Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Idk if anyone follows Ed from Gin and Tacos, but he’s doing a podcast now. I enjoyed the first episode.

http://www.ginandtacos.com/2018/01/28/mass-for-shut-ins-the-gin-and-tacos-podcast-episode-1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Trillbillies are back with their Nick Offerman episode

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/Nick_Offerman/status/961291627741569024

what a wild world

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The most recent episode of The Dig with Frances Fox Piven is super good in terms of talking about organizing.

Serf
May 5, 2011

latest champagne sharks' opening has a fade that is so poorly done that you can't hear the other two hosts over the music for like four minutes

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
i definitely have to to add my own recommendation for Mic Dicta, America's best-named legal podcast. It's amusing, it gets into some complex legal issues in enough detail to be interesting but without getting too deep as to be inaccessible to anyone, and it's kind of a nice companion to Chapo because current events legal topics will tend to overlap.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Iridium posted:

i definitely have to to add my own recommendation for Mic Dicta, America's best-named legal podcast. It's amusing, it gets into some complex legal issues in enough detail to be interesting but without getting too deep as to be inaccessible to anyone, and it's kind of a nice companion to Chapo because current events legal topics will tend to overlap.

Their latest one about Scalia is great.

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?
Is there a podcast episode out there with a good analysis of the fall of the Soviet Union?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Jim Risen owning Glenn Greenwald in a lopsided "debate" about the Russia fiasco on this week's Intercept is pretty entertaining. Its supposed to be a teaser for a recording of the full debate, but if that's the cherry picked version, just lol.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Slender Man case on Mic Dicta

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Aardvark posted:

Slender Man case on Mic Dicta

I feel bad about it, but I don’t care for that woman’s voice. good content, can’t make it through it.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i listened to two mic dictas and i like it a lot

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
mike dicta ruled because it confirms.my fanfiction that stevie janowski became a.successful lawyer

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Latest woo-cast has a pretty good discussion of corporate power in elections and ALEC.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Economic Update (with Richard Wolff) interviews Tim Faust in the newest ep. Good combo of voices there

Liz Bruenig is on the latest This is Hell

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Probably the OP isn't being edited at this point but here's another plug for Revolutionary Left Radio
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/revolutionary-left-radio/id1218054701?mt=2

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's cool, I added it and will check it out later today.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Annual Prophet posted:

Probably the OP isn't being edited at this point but here's another plug for Revolutionary Left Radio
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/revolutionary-left-radio/id1218054701?mt=2

I appreciate this suggestion, thank you! Their latest episode on leftism vs liberalism is illuminating

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

rev left radio owns hard, although sometimes poo poo's a little long to fit in

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

rev left radio owns hard, although sometimes poo poo's a little long to fit in

it does well on 1.5x if that's an option in your player

and yeah, lots of great episodes

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
how can discourse collective have so many people involved in it and at the same time not have a single person with a listenable voice

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The latest Champagne Sharks with Wendi Muse is pretty good if people want to understand more about Brazil

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Speaking of Wendi Muse, her podcast is LeftPOC, and the latest episode has some really great discussion of the Bernie campaign from the perspective of insiders.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Oh jesus, how has nobody mentioned Zero Squared? Each episode has Douglas Lain of Zero Books (publisher of Kill All Normies and a bunch of other great books) interviewing a guest. The focus is on philosophy rather than current events, and Doug's not afraid to go deep into the weeds of philosophical disagreements if his guests are also willing. Zero Books also puts out youtube videos that might give you an idea of what they're all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc2Epj_Jy_I

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Zero Squared is indeed good stuff

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

What's the best leftie podcast for normies who aren't that political? Trying to proselytize atm

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Yossarian-22 posted:

What's the best leftie podcast for normies who aren't that political? Trying to proselytize atm

Economic Update

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

maybe This Is Hell?

or Street Fight?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yossarian-22 posted:

Citations Needed, it hits that sweet spot of breaking down corporate propaganda and has just enough humor to keep it punchy. Also each episode is only really half the length of you don’t have the time for listening to low audio quality Skype interviews

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oooh that's a good rec

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Street Fight is incredibly normie

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I like listening to Zero Squared even though I'm not smart enough to really keep up with the conversations most of the time.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

net work error posted:

I like listening to Zero Squared even though I'm not smart enough to really keep up with the conversations most of the time.

this, but Swampside Chats.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Mic Dicta

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

streetfight is only good if you grew up poor imo, it's the married with children of podcasts

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

Are there any essential listening episodes in the backlog of Champagne Sharks?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
The Frantz Fanon one is great

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Aliquid posted:

streetfight is only good if you grew up poor imo, it's the married with children of podcasts

Wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
not a lefty pod, but the first season of Slow Burn is decent, interesting background on the Watergate scandal.

only 8 eps, about 4-5 hours total listening time, doesn't get bogged down in minutiae but definitely covered a lot of poo poo i'd never read about. dude doesn't hide that he's doing it because of the Trump poo poo going on but doesn't harp on it... frankly he doesn't need to, the similarities are pretty clear.

• Locked thread