Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

i really am trying to enjoy champagne sharks, but any time someone who isn't rawls is talking their audio is either choppy af or mixed so low that it is incomprehensible. i've had to bail on like 3 episodes so far because of this. also, long silences as he waits for one of the other hosts to respond to a question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

my favorite part of an economic update episode is when wolff finds a way to turn the entire discussion to worker co-ops. it unironically owns

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I do like Richard Wolff and making it easier for workers to own their own enterprises is a positive and realistic goal for the American left, but co-ops still have to operate according to capitalist rules and logic.

yeah, they've always struck me as, at best, a half-measure. but the idea is still pretty radical to most people, and it gets em thinking about the idea of democratizing the workplace. so in that sense, its cool to talk about.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i've been generally ambivalent towards the new star wars movies, and that struggle session episode owned. disney is never gonna be able to match the lucas movies, but their films are fascinating in just how badly they miss the point of the movies that came before. at least they're entertaining to watch

Serf
May 5, 2011

the expanded universe was largely garbage

kotor 2 was the best star wars

Serf
May 5, 2011

Annual Prophet posted:

personally i wish for the reboot they’d ditched the existing storyline (and actors) and done something new set in a much earlier (or later) era a la kotor; there would still be the compelling setting, but the narrative possibilities would have been a lot more open ended

droid uprising or bust

Serf
May 5, 2011

latest champagne sharks' opening has a fade that is so poorly done that you can't hear the other two hosts over the music for like four minutes

Serf
May 5, 2011

boy the unlocked episode of struggle session where they discuss black panther is a mess.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Rated PG-34 posted:

a lotta equivocating on what was and what wasnt in the movie ugh

yeah folks were reading in a lot of stuff. i mean, i agree with t and leslie about the movie, its just that they should have probably kept this one in the can because the yelling is extremely embarrassing. getting legit mad over movies is funny if you want to be laughed at, i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zoracle Zed posted:

it was a lot of fun to listen to imo

oh i didn't say it wasn't fun to listen to. its just probably not what they were intending

also listening to richard wolff remind us that their website is available "24 hours a day, 7 days a week" is very cute

• Locked thread