Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

So what else am I missing? What are the great Leftcasts that your fellow goons could be missing out on? Be sure to post if you know of any great episodes we're missing out on.

This is Hell and Radio War Nerd are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i’d take whale vomit off there

I hold out hope that Amber will find a new co-host.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
This week's RWN really hits John Dolan's wheelhouse. The first hour is an overview of the Byzantine-Sassanid wars from the 6th century and then Patrick Cockburn talks about the clusterfuck in Iraqi Kurdistan. He was like an excited kid the whole time. All that was missing was a segment on the Troubles.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

TetsuoTW posted:

callout culture is loving cancer

Twitter is a disease, no doubt, but Matt is mistaken if he thinks caving to this stuff is going to make it go away. Sad that such a talented, important voice can be easily silenced.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Someone posted that Ames was the Harris to Matt's Klebold in the other thread which is hilariously accurate. He just wanted to bbe a respectable mainstream journalist. Ames truly doesn't give a gently caress.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Is Carl Zha's podcast any good? The death of Tarfu has left an opening in my podcast schedule. :v:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The latest Dollop on Trump is good. Everyone knows that he's a scumbag, but to hear it all comprehensively laid out there is remarkable.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The latest installment of Clash! is much improved over previous episodes. Carl must have invested in a better mic and mixer setup, or learned to use what he had to better effect because you can actually hear and understand the conversation. The latest guest is also a RWN alum, Richard Kim, who does a great job talking about Korean historiography and early history of the polities that would become Korea.

Also Carl is getting better at wrangling the conversation to stay on topic despite the clueless asides of his co-host.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

the new struggle session is fun if you’re sick of the Disney Star Wars

It's really good, though I think Disney nuked the EU not so much because they want control over the narrative, but more because they want to clear the decks for content they get royalties off of. It's almost worth it to purge the dumb poo poo out of the EU cannon tho.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one filled with rage by the Force Awakens and bitterly disappointed by the total lack of imagination in the latest generation of Star Wars games :unsmith: .

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it took a month or two for me to really resent force awakens. my initial reaction was, well at least it didn't suck. it was ok.

the thought that anyone could genuinely think it was good though is insane.

The first half-hour is fun. I don't even mind the space My Lai stuff because a storm trooper having second thoughts is an interesting story arc. The rest of it turns into a loving slog though. loving :lol: at Leia being Space Hillary Clinton.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Disney ruining every pop culture property will lead the way to the glorious reboot of the Dune extended universe. :unsmigghh:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
That sounds amazing. What's it called?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i dont remember, but its in this star wars anthology comic from like the early 90s, if i get a chance tonight i'll dig it up

edit it took way less time than i expected, its from Star Wars Tales #10, Trooper, by Garth Ennis and John McCrea, an absolute powerhouse team

Hell yeah.

Nothus has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Dec 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Jim Risen owning Glenn Greenwald in a lopsided "debate" about the Russia fiasco on this week's Intercept is pretty entertaining. Its supposed to be a teaser for a recording of the full debate, but if that's the cherry picked version, just lol.

• Locked thread