Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Taintrunner posted:

So what else am I missing? What are the great Leftcasts that your fellow goons could be missing out on? Be sure to post if you know of any great episodes we're missing out on.

Obligatory Cumtown Nominated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

When will the Rhizzone produce a podcast?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Ron Jeremy posted:

next up: mia Khalifa reading Capital while riding the Sybian.

Today I learned what a Sybian is

JFC women can't you just own a vibrator?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it's a vibrator... that you can sit on!

It's a thousand loving dollars

This is the decadance that destroyed Rome, ffs ladies

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Left Communists are all the communists who split with the Leninists at the second Communist International congress in 1920, and it could mean a lot of things. It's basically everything to the "left" of Marxist-Leninism.

As a meme, Leftcom specifically means following after the theory of Italian communist Amadeo Bordiga, who thought participating in democracy was pointless since it would dilute the communist program by compromising with social democrats. Bordiga thought that what communists should do is maintain the program and propaganda until the tide of politics turned back their way from reaction. As a meme this translates to leftcoms reading theory in their armchairs, and waiting for capitalism to destroy itself instead of engaging in political activism.
Ironically enough, Bordiga self described as a leninist

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Neo Yokio is a hard sit if you don't get that it's supposed to be a joke, I guess.

It's easier to watch it as a movie rather than an anime imo

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Dmitri-9 posted:

Yeah they dropped the whole demon hunter thing probably so they could fit more genre parody but it made the show lose some coherence.

The Remembrancer was a better villian than the demons anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ1oZ58Y_FA

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You're supposed to identify with the vaping anyway.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Mecha Gojira posted:

Markus appears to have gone completely radio silent. Haven't seen him post here or on Twitter since this poo poo blew up.

Sucks the dude sucks, but I know the pod can go on without him.

I remember Markus was one of the anti-DSA partisans during the fentonte drama.

It seems to always be dudes with skeletons in their closets that protest the hardest.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

I know that worker co-ops already currently exist IRL, but do they operate at a "natural" disadvantage to regular capitalist enterprise? I keep thinking that of course a sweatshop is going to produce at a lower cost via externalities and worker exploitation.

As someone who has worked in a co-op in the past. I can tell you you have to work about as hard as any equivalent job, to remain competitive with other businesses.

I don't really think sweatshops are a good comparison, because most co-ops that I know of are above board service industry, whereas sweatshops... aren't.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Lmao if you care about the expanded universe of anything.

It's all fiction, and the fiction still exists so what does Disney's canon matter?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Narrative causality in the age of multimedia behemoths is a farce

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

again my primary Thing is a medium that has for decades been defined by a willingness to alter its own history to suit a story

the difference is that comics very rarely just go "actually this whole time span didn't happen eat poo poo fuckos" instead of explaining why ACTUALLY this is what REALLY happened

also there's a literal universal mechanism in DC that explains how different stories are canon at different times, it rules hard

I'm sorry you decided to waste your time investing in something that is really just justification for perpetual franchises. :shrug:

TetsuoTW posted:

canon is both a crutch and a straitjacket for stories, gently caress canon, gently caress multiepisodic continuity, just tell the fuckin stories you want to tell and just read/watch the fuckin stories you want to read/watch

It's this, you can like franchises, but they're pretty much the most commodified form of story telling.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

The average hentai doujin has more narrative integrity than the DC universe, sorry not sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Or it's a natural bypeoduct of decades of stories with an eye towards people reading them over a long period of time instead of cycling in and out every couple years but I mean Whatever

Nah

• Locked thread