Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Struggle Session and Champagne Sharks also rad.

edit: yeah, you're also missing Cum Town. Nick Mullen is president of the DSA for Christ's sake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
It's fascinating to me that we're doing to Iran now what we ended up doing to North Korea in the 90's.

But they're the belligerent ones.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Markus appears to have gone completely radio silent. Haven't seen him post here or on Twitter since this poo poo blew up.

Sucks the dude sucks, but I know the pod can go on without him.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Markus was easily the most annoying member of DC. I got the vibe that he was a 30 something dude hanging with college kids. I have no idea if that's accurate at all but I really didn't care for him.

So to then find out he's the wife emailer was confirmation and I hope he doesn't try to steal my wife.

That's basically what he was, the weird slightly older (late 20's, early 30's) dude hanging out with the Dictatorship of the Teen.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

rudatron posted:

Wait, wife emailer was a goon? What username

Something hilariously ironic like Loving Life Partner.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Taintrunner posted:

Hey the new Citations Needed is about how hosed up and white real estate coverage is, I haven’t checked it out yet but it sounds a lot more interesting than weird interpersonal drama

Actually, their newest episode is about how editorial boards at the major "liberal" newspapers basically exist to perpetuate the status quo, which includes our favorite Forever War.

Both very good episodes, though. A+ would recommend. The settler colonial language that's used when discussing urban environments in which people already live is loving disgusting and haunting.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I was thinking about it the other day, and in the Editorial Board episode, they actually literally quote the 60's New York Times article that partly inspired Phil Ochs' "Love Me, I'm a Liberal." Specifically the part where the NYT claims to love black celebrities, but will attack any one of them if they dare to question US Hegemony or Imperialism.

quote:

I go to civil rights rallies
And I put down the old D.A.R
I love Harry and Sidney and Sammy
I hope every colored boy becomes a star
But don't talk about revolution
That's going a little bit too far
So love me, love me, love me, I'm a liberal

And then of course tied it directly to what we see now with the ostracization of Kaepernick. This rot runs deep and it's been around forever.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Taintrunner posted:

the new struggle session is fun if you’re sick of the Disney Star Wars

Oh, boy, I love Struggle Session and am tired of all these damned Star Wars!

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I have to find out what Hotep Obama is like.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it took a month or two for me to really resent force awakens. my initial reaction was, well at least it didn't suck. it was ok.

the thought that anyone could genuinely think it was good though is insane.

I feel the same way. There isn't even anything like viscerally weird to hate it for, like how some people view the prequels (the creepy romance subplot, Jar Jar, what-have-you). It's just such a bland Disney-brand product.

And expect more of this kind of poo poo when Disney does acquire Fox. They'll throw the X-Men and Fantastic Four back into their rotating line-up of Iron Man sequels and remakes, while making sure we get a new Alien and Predator movie every year!

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
WB, cross over the DC movies with the Legendary Godzilla movies.

Superman vs. Godzilla. Batman v. King Kong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i dont remember, but its in this star wars anthology comic from like the early 90s, if i get a chance tonight i'll dig it up

edit it took way less time than i expected, its from Star Wars Tales #10, Trooper, by Garth Ennis and John McCrea, an absolute powerhouse team

I have a couple of the trades, which includes that story. It was cool because the whole premise was they weren't tied down to any sort of canon and could do whatever.

Edit: Didn't it have a lot of first-person bits where poo poo is framed and obscured by his helmet?

Mecha Gojira has issued a correction as of 11:01 on Dec 3, 2017

• Locked thread