Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I don't understand the economics of it either, but I also think ft Knox is empty and our paper money is worth nothing as well. :shrug:

GOOGLE RON PAUL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CassandraZara posted:

If you found yourself magically transported through time to 2012 with only the knowledge that you have now, you'd be dumb not to. You'd be dumb not to throw every dime you had into bitcoin in the first run-up, sell at $1000, then rebuy in at $200 and sell again today. Knowledge of how things went for the past five years doesn't make buying into it today a good idea.

also the part where if you bought bitcoins in 2012 you probably had them in an exchange that ended up robbing everyone

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CassandraZara posted:

If you were dumb enough to keep your funds on an exchange in 2012, I feel sorry for you. If you were transported through time and somehow made the same mistake, you're too retarded to live.

so how exactly are you cashing out bitcoins without using an exchange

are you the guy trading them for a pile of gift cards in a parking lot

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

poverty goat posted:

Most of gbs knows nothing about btc except what they learned in the early days when these threads were just r/Bitcoin helldump

To them it's still just gpu miners eating dessicated fruit because they lost everything on the magic the gathering online exchange

now it's money laundering through a network wholly controlled by chinese mining companies with unclear ownership, that's just not funny

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
nobody is making "lol irish business incorporation laws" threads