Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

While technically not cryptocurrency, the Earth 2 scam celebrated their third birthday last week. Nothing new was announced l, infact the project seems to have completely stalled since they acquired the drone game.

The only "news" is that they recently lost their crypto advisor.

I think they've realized all they have is a spreadsheet with a png of earth behind it, and a web game written entirely in html.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Sometimes I stop and think "what are the cryptoland island people doing now?" And "where's my pal Connie?"

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

He said he was going to tell me what happened to Connie. :qq: and now I'll never get to know. I-i just miss my singing coin genie and all his extremely clever block chain memes

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I'm surprised there are goons in this thread that weren't all over the crypto land island thing last year. It was one of the high points of Internet history in 2022.

They didn't even own the Island, and it was completely undeveloped. Not even sewer or electric.

There was also a big scandal with their only backer and one of the few people who "bought" a plot was actually running the whole thing.

Next you guys are going to tell me you don't know about the browser game metaverse called "Earth 2"

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

E: double post

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Those all couldn't have been one post?
You're not a shithead because you like crypto (well... Maybe) but you're certainly a shithead for posting like that about ANYTHING.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

guy got perma'd in 2015. he's been doing this for eight years

Yeah the dude who can't cope with being taken off an internet forum that's rapidly aging out the rest of the internet. That's the guy who's got a reasonable take on finance.

Like, if I had bought Bitcoin during one of the many, MANY times it was worthless , and then sold at one of the peaks, leaving bag holders, I wouldn't be on SA, pretending to be rich.

I'd be on reddit, trying to get more suckers for the.next hustle

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I just wanted to say it's impressive some other chronic re-reg hadn't thought of the username "Facts vs Feelings". That's prime "never going to let this argument end" territory.

Also, Bitcoin is bullish right now, and I'm seeing the suckers of reddits wall street bets getting excited for it. They love buying high.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Lammasu posted:

Is Twitch even a good place to advertise for crypto? I mean gamers HATE NFTs so I don't see why they would be open to it.

If you make the messaging something like: "earn millions without leaving your home or getting a job" it'll really appeal to the shut-ins

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I know it's reddit, but it's too good not to share. From /r/TrueOffMyChest

Today with my boyfriend, I felt genuine disgust for the first time.

quote:

My boyfriend has a tendency to believe anything he comes across online, no matter how absurd. Today, he shared a tweet with me that claimed Angelina Jolie said something like "cryptocurrency is important."

I don't claim to know everything, but I'm certain she didn't say that. It was clear to me that the post was manipulated, with the image looking heavily photoshopped. I went to the extent of searching on Google to verify if she had a Twitter account, and she doesn't. I tried to explain that it was likely fake, but he remained adamant, persistently trying to convince me, even though it was an unmistakable fabrication.

As he spoke, a sense of genuine disgust overcame me. It's hard to explain, but it was like a switch flipped in my head, changing my perception of him. I'm not suggesting people can't be naive, but this went beyond that. One doesn't need to be Einstein to sense that something is amiss. I have zero tolerance for ignorance and plain stupidity; I just can't forgive it.

I plan to end things with him tomorrow. It might seem overly dramatic to end a relationship over something seemingly insignificant, but I just can't see him the same way anymore. He is tainted to me.

Seems like even relationships can become fungible thanks to the magic of crypto currency.

Busters fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

If the Crypto Arena ISN'T being used for gladiatorial combat between people who have committed digital fraud, why is it even called that?