Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
I don't remember that happening. Are you sure you're not thinking of System of a Down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Truly hideous. The original apes are low effort and ugly but these are on another level.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/davepage_mcr/status/1479790066427965445

edit: oops, didn't realize the original tweet was from early Dec, may have been posted already.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are there any articles/ videos that aren't full of incomprehensible crypto buzzwords that explain how DeFi's like Anchor can offer an interest rate of almost 20%?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does a Toddler Need an NFT?

quote:

Does your toddler need an NFT? Zigazoo says yes. The app’s mission is to “empower kids to shape the very landscape and infrastructure of NFTs and Web3,” to help them “express themselves through art and practice essential financial literacy skills” and to allow them to grow into “tomorrow’s digital citizens.”

quote:

But though Common Sense’s review states that consumerism is “not present” on the app, it is everywhere. Every time I opened Zigazoo, I learned that I had earned more “Zigabucks,” the platform’s in-app currency, for dutifully visiting every day. Also, I was constantly prompted to care about Zigazoo’s latest NFT drop: images featuring JJ, the cartoon infant star of CoComelon.

quote:

The CoComelon NFTs were sold out before I could snag one, so I waited for the Qai Qai NFTs to drop, watching the countdown clock on the Zigazoo app for my moment to “invest.” Qai Qai’s NFTs were selling for $5.99 to $49.99 a pack, with more cash buying you a higher likelihood of acquiring not just a “common” NFT but a “rare” or “legendary” one, a distinction that went unexplained.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Terra just dropped below 0.4 lmao

What's the opposite of 'to the moon?'

Koburn fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 11, 2022

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious to know if the majority of the Lunatics have had a epiphany over this, or if they've just moved on to the next scam.

As much as I would like to see Tether & Bitcoin fall, I don't think it's ever going to lose its appeal to the true believers. There were too many got rich quick stories from Bitcoin's early adopters. If it went to the moon once, it can do it again right?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tiger Millionaire posted:

The comments on this is astounding at the lack of empathy that the bag holders have between eachother. "Anyone who got fooled by the exact same thing as me, but a bit later deserves to lose all their money, they should have known better, by the way HODL"

Buttcoin is an anti crypto sub. I don't see anyone saying anything like that?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Could you just post the image? The embedded tweet is too cropped to make out anything but the logo. Anyone who wants to see the full image has to click through to twitter's incredibly slow site.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

God I'm still mad at Philion for partnering with Ryder Ripps of all loving people on his overdone expose of Yuga labs. Capped off by promoting Ripps NFT project, ugh.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
he's done worse

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The full zillow photos show that isn't just a wall of tweets, that entire room is wallpapered the same lmao

Unfortunately too low res to read

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rainwater everywhere on Earth unsafe to drink due to ‘forever chemicals’, study finds

We did it folks!

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The BBBY following is so strange. The GME messiah Ryan Cohen sold his entire stake in the company months ago, yet the apes still insist he's deeply invested and a merger is right around the corner.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

coolusername posted:

I read r/gme_meltdown because it’s hypnotic watching the cult develop live with every update. Everyone will form a consensus based on incoherent write-ups, and then when inevitably it’s wrong, they pivot to a brand new consensus. Everything is ALWAYS good for BBBY.

Occasionally someone will post an update on the few remaining Sears bagholders.
It's fascinating to see the full meme stock life cycle, some of them truly never give up hope.

shorts r fuked

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The main gme sub is slowly dying as nothing of note happens and the stock just gradually goes down

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

Does anyone ever come into those BBBY/BABY threads on reddit and say "cmon guys... it's over"?

shill

I'm buying more

Why are you desperate for us to sell?

Kenny, is that you?

I keep meaning to plug this youtube channel: Jauwn
He's been reviewing web3 games and buddy, it goes about as well as you would think!

Also, he recently made a great video on a BBBY celebrity/ stalker, Kais Maalej

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this poo poo is so deranged, I love it. Can't decide whether to have him pulled apart by horses or run over by a speeding train, why not both?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GigaPeon posted:

Part of me thinks the BBBY Reddit is just some weird long form roleplay things. But then they have like a nightly YouTube show or something so it’s all very elaborate.

And then there’s gme_meltdown which is whole dedicated to nitpicking posts made by the first group. There’s gotta be a 3rd one making fun of the meltdown one, right?

/r/gme_meltdown_meltdown/

Elias_Maluco posted:

In any case, I guess now is finally over? The stores are closed, the employees fired.

Threes no way someone can rationalize a way keep believing this poo poo, right?

That's what's so entertaining about it. Every piece of catastrophically bad news has a fresh cope, a new spin on how it's actually 4D chess and any day now we'll be proven right.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ryde posted:

I really want to see a big meltdown around BBBYQ but I think I’ll be blue balled. The people still holding at this point will probably be still “holding” their cancelled shares years from now and posting about how Cohen is about to bail them out.

Keep hodling on brother, the MOAM (mother of all meltdowns) cometh

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

I wasn't following the weird BBBY cult thing, but youtube helpfully suggested this video to me. It follows the most prominent Cohen-whisperer, who is clearly unwell and pathologically obsessed with Cohen as a person, but people trust his analysis for some reason (I suspect they are also unwell). It really is QAnon, but with stock trading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrU0DAAylEk

this guy rules

https://i.imgur.com/aHzim0l.mp4

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
BBBYQ RAP

WE HOLDING ON A DREAM
TO OVERTAKE THE ""MACHINE ""
THE ODDS ARE VERY LONG
AS WE TRY AND BE STRONG
WE'RE WAITING ON A SAVIOR
AS WE JUST WONT WAVIER
AND DESPAIR WE CAN ERASE
AND LEAVE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trillhouse posted:

check out /r/theppshow for purestrain bbby madness. it's full of people who thought /r/bbby had too many "shills".

The host of this has previously made and deleted many posts full of terrible financial advice, good for him for finally finding an audience of loyal suckers.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The 15k figure was from donations

This was a very special episode of the PP show featuring the always desperate for attention failson Pulte and criminally insane Kais.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
great video showing how releasing a nft/ blockchain game is absolute death

Notably 2 epic store exclusives that don't look half bad (compared to most of the other lazy cash grabs at least.)

Blankos Block Party

Looks like a Fall Guys clone, released a year ago. No players, no interest. Devs have gone silent.

My Pet Hooligan

Third person shooter, released into early access less than a month ago. 4 players online at a peak time.

Unfortunately spending more time to develop the game and less time on the macrotransaction nft characters just isn't an option for these grifter devs.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
r/cryptocurrency has/ had their own stupid coin - moons. The reddit admins just announced that they will no longer be supported.

ouch

Also it looks like the mods were made aware before the announcement and sold their heavy bags before the plebs had any idea what was happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

If he had only waited a week, he could have invested in the hottest new simpsons themed shitcoin. What a shame!

https://simpsols.info/

Unfortunately, the FAQ leaves out important questions, like: why is this Simpsons themed actually? Aren't you concerned about being sued for copyright infringement? Etc.