Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

So did they ever solve that problem of if everyone used bitcoin you'd have to download multiple terabytes of data every time you wanted to buy a candy bar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Any chance that the graphics card manufacturers are ramping up production to meet the bitcoin miner demand and there will be a glut of cheap GPUs when this all comes down?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Wassbix posted:

I cut out the middleman and just burn my money in a bonfire

This is me investing in the blockchain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZydV39hb8

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Resetera has a crypto thread if anyone is looking for some more laughs.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cryptocurrency-ot2-moneys-new-era-shoots-for-the-moon-read-op-for-thread-rules.15761/

quote:

so if i invest 1000 right now at 8k or 7500. what would be my profit if it becomes 10k or 11k ?

quote:

I put the extra cash i had around into the market last year over 2 months. Been hodling since then.

With a new apartment, furniture etc. i didnīt have anything extra for the last 6 months so itīs been a big up and now down (though still 7x currently).

With march iīll be able to put in money again. Probably 100-200 bucks each month. Long game baby. Retirement by 30 baby. Donīt care if it takes years.

quote:

I sold a bitcoin at around $10,500 and bought back in at around $8000. That's another .25 bitcoin to the stash. At a 20k bitcoin value (we will be back and beyond I would bet my life on it) thats a nice $5000k (future) profit in a few days. I always look at it that way. Accumulate accumulate accumulate more and more coins. No time better than a crash to make money. Our net worth may have fallen today but to me you are winning if you have more coins today than yesterday. Have faith in the future.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Since it doesn't look like this crypto garbage is going away for a while, why haven't the graphics card manufacturers ramped up production? It seems like leaving money on the table and making things miserable for anyone who actually wants to bu a graphics card.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

mp5 posted:

Hey so has bitcoin crashed yet? The Nvidia 1100s are coming out in July and I really don't want to have to pay 1000 bucks for a new card

I just decided I'm going to buy a gaming laptop instead of upgrading my computer because they aren't that more expensive then just buying a single loving graphics card at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I just casually follow bitcoin prices, but it seems like this is the first time in a while where the price didn't spike up after a big pump and is just slowly deflating back down again.