Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Fallows posted:

i still dont understand how bitcoins is worth real money its so stupid god drat

as beaver pointed out nerds observed the fed printing money and making up new rules as they went and thought "that doesn't seem so hard" and they were right, the only thing keeping half the country from using one of the e-currencies is they have no marketing, it's confusing, and at any moment the fed will eventually hit it harder than JFK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
taking off my expensive fur coat i explain to a woman at the bar "i invested heavily into bitcoin- and early"

then you could buy me a drink, she says, surely?

i stutter for minutes, explaining i know a guy who accepts bit bucks at a bar, but it's about three hours from here and the law only allows alcohol to be served for another seventy minutes

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
the dollar is crashing! the world economy is crashing! i say, as i invest in a new digital currency bubble instead of learning to farm fish or hunt

the fed doesn't care about you! and they hate bitcoin! i prepare for this losing global war by using my credit card to turn old numbers into new numbers, both inedible and useless, how would i get killed or starve if the world economy truly collapsed? *points at enough campbells soup to feed a family two weeks*

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dmitri-9 posted:

loving moron inflation has been less than 2% for years. A gallon of milk cost $2-4 in 2008 and it costs $2-4 in 2017. People would buy US treasuries at a negative interest rate, that is how confidant they are in the US. Someone post the venn diagram of bitcoin users.

show me receipts for gallons of milk from 1940, 1980, 2004, 2008 and 2017

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dmitri-9 posted:

In 2004 the avg retail price of milk was 3.23, during the commodity bubble in 2008 the avg retail price was 3.68, and present avg retail price is 3.28. Look at all that scary inflation.

Per https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/spendingandborrowing/this-is-what-milk-cost-the-year-you-were-born/

post a picture of your hand gripping all the receipts, but make sure they are legible, i'll do my own math thank you