Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
my gift from dur arrived dec 26th, didn’t open it until i got back home. special thanks for the cookbook, and the silly socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I HAVE GOUT posted:

Smiling hugely right now thinking about all the people getting banned for not sending gifts in time.

mods plz ban this chucklefuck for backseat modding

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

side note this is the best insult

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Open this, the contents are from Kazakhstan

quote:

This is one of those "gag" gifts (which I believe means to strangle)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

full thing:

thanks dur!

I demand hot dish pics

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

eschaton posted:

I demand hot dish pics

ill be trying some of them out soon!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i got more stuff!1

a stuffed mallard that will be dismembered shortly

and an assortment of hot sauces. for chicken it looks like. i'll be trying these out very soon.

i still don't know who my santa is, but thanks anonygoon

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i use the peri-peri hot all the dam time when cooking chicken esp grilling

not the santa tho

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

so, my gift is indeed here. it arrived in latvia on/shortly before christmas, and i missed the delivery on the first day after, and didnt check the mailbox with notification before it was the new year on the nose (our mail services mostly work 8-5 on weekdays only)

without further ado

drat, this box has been fortified to heck. im starting to suspect my secret santa is an army packaging engineer or something because everything, outside and inside, was duct taped strongly enough that latvian post could as well be airdropping this gift to me with a trebuchet (no google gently caress off i didnt mean to write Bucharest there :wtc:)

so, a minute or two later, i got in

a couple newspapers and booklets later

holy poo poo, that's nice. but then, as it took it out, the cushion on the bottom seemed to be awfully thick.

voilla!

handling the slim package made me suspect there's a certain kind of item packaged inside, and it was what i thought indeed, although i couldve never imagined the actual content

holy poo poo (also i cant read the line between "your winter holiday" and "piece of poo poo", im sorry, santa :eng99: it's "Is A", isn't it?) that owns

now, the other package

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThFqU7XrAlI

just kidding :D my thoughts at the time were mostly concerned with the country name i read on the package, and what could be the implications (and they were!!!!)

a brief duct tape battle later:

...is this what i think it is...

:perfect: oh my loving god, swedish coffee beans and a grinder. drat, its like youre actually a kgb agent and not santa and have heard all my moaning about the misery that latvian coffee is. in a year since moving back here from sweden, ive had decent coffee just once, and it was when i spotted, of all things, a lonely package of arvid norquist (off all things, even ica basic would be better :qq:), priced at 110 kr, in a shelf of a lovely backwater store (:psyduck:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw96ec_uuQ4

considering my current coffee status of

im ready as gently caress for this gift

thanks a lot santa and sorry that i was so sloppy at receiving the gift from the mail. happy belated holidays to you!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

im happy you liked it, friend!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i got more stuff!1

a stuffed mallard that will be dismembered shortly

and an assortment of hot sauces. for chicken it looks like. i'll be trying these out very soon.

i still don't know who my santa is, but thanks anonygoon

it was me the whole time
(hence the ducknote you may have received)

you and pokejoe are present bros because I’m an dumb idiot that shouldn’t order stuff when sleep deprived from taking care of a new baby

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it’s a yosmas miracle

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
I have been informed that a package has arrived. I will be posting pictures later :)

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

duckfarts posted:

you and pokejoe are present bros because I’m an dumb idiot that shouldn’t order stuff when sleep deprived from taking care of a new baby

well, it all worked out in the end

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sniep posted:

i use the peri-peri hot all the dam time when cooking chicken esp grilling

not the santa tho

i can also recommend nandos peri peri sauces

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

A second package arrived some time ago but I hadn't recognized it as a yosmasgift until CrazyLittle poked me in the shoulder

It's the time of year when local businesses stuff your slot in the community mailbox with their gently caress-ugly calendars, so when i had to dislodge a giant cardboard rectangle from the box I thought for sure that's what it was

then I opened it and found it was a fancy mouse pad from amazon, and figured loafwife ordered it for some strange reason

nope, it was a yosmas miracle

action shot:

it looks like it's only good for scrolling up and down but i can click yospos and submit reply and that's enough

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I have one of those at work, it's alright

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
your mouse looks sick

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

big scary monsters posted:

your mouse looks sick

clearly, it’s a rat

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i called it an awful name because i thought it looked garish and dumb, then i got a hold of one and made it the shape of my weird hand and now i think it is garish and good

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

still not as good as this

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

duckfarts posted:

thanks for the accidental gifts :). i don't even live in that apartment anymore, i moved in the same building and the front desk recognized my name on the packages and intercepted them for me!

i got a package from flakeloaf yesterday as well, but i think im waiting on another one so i'll post them together. heres a sneak peek with a lol fact

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

apparently the truck broke and the new eta for the underwhelming and increasingly inaccurately named first gift is monday :justpost:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the dreaded "carrier delay - truck mechanical"
here's the rest of the box!

maple whiskey

maple syrup

maple tea

coffee

FSFSFSFSFS

selfie stick

mystery hard drive. ill have to set aside some time to see what it contains, perhaps old memes and posts

thanks flakeloaf! im drinking the beer now and it is good. i got my gf a waffle iron for christmas so it will be nice to use the syrup on them. ill have the coffee and maybe the whiskey for breakfast one of these days.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Yay, everything made it!

A friend turned us on to sortilege a few months ago, and I've been in a really mapley-mood ever since. Maybe sip that one so you don't gag and go running for the insulin.

Do report back on the coffee, I'd bought it for myself but the box needed more packing material and it was a convenient shape.

Chris Phillips, or more likely the guy he hired, makes a lot of really good beer. His pub is stupid expensive but a great place to get pinned.

The selfie stick, or "ego portrait perch" as it's called in French, literally was packing material.

Everyone loves DOS games, and I couldn't decide on which ones to put on the SD card, and then I saw the hard drive and something Quebecois happened :ohdear:

You have a very photogenic cat.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 4, 2018

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

PokeJoe posted:

thanks for the accidental gifts :). i don't even live in that apartment anymore, i moved in the same building and the front desk recognized my name on the packages and intercepted them for me!

might want to have them keep a lookout for other stuff coming at some point god only knows when

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Packages! That apparently were meant to be with me long ago!

A nice message from noted good poster bump_fn

Holy poo poo! these presents are amazing, thank you so much!

I had some of the whisky last night and it was fantastic, never really drunk any Japanese whisky before so this was a real treat and I'm really looking forward to reading these books and eating these sweets too.

:eyepop: and look at this amazing custom made poster. Going to get this framed this weekend.

This is all absolute fantastic! Thank you bump_fn you are the best santa ever!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
hibiki is real good, i havent had any in a while tho :negative:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

vodkat posted:

Packages! That apparently were meant to be with me long ago!

A nice message from noted good poster bump_fn

Holy poo poo! these presents are amazing, thank you so much!

I had some of the whisky last night and it was fantastic, never really drunk any Japanese whisky before so this was a real treat and I'm really looking forward to reading these books and eating these sweets too.

:eyepop: and look at this amazing custom made poster. Going to get this framed this weekend.

This is all absolute fantastic! Thank you bump_fn you are the best santa ever!

glad you like it! hibiki is one of my fave japanese whiskys!

and im glad you liked that poster, i got the idea when i saw that poster for hte movie in passing and couldnt NOT make it

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

that is a super nice rug

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I switched to $50 machine woven IKEA rugs after getting a dog, that way you can throw them out with no remorse after the dog barfs or craps all over them while you're at work

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

r u ready to WALK posted:

I switched to $50 machine woven IKEA rugs after getting a dog, that way you can throw them out with no remorse after the dog barfs or craps all over them while you're at work

I was at the East Palo Alto IKEA two weeks ago and they're selling multi-thousand-dollar handwoven rugs now :O

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i want to buy a nice rug. is there a good source for cheap but decent ones?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
overstock.com has actually nice rugs

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

overstock.com has actually nice rugs

yo did you get your prezzies yet

USPS says delivered

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

r u ready to WALK posted:

we did this recently due to cats and it’s been wonderful

we even put one atop the library’s carpet because cats

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Silver Alicorn posted:

yo did you get your prezzies yet

USPS says delivered

I did, opened them but i haven't had time to make a post (poo poo be cray yo)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

why is the subhead not LIVES ON-LINE ?? :mad:

also lol