Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers are working out Roberto aguayo because gano tweaked something.

Additionally I smell burnt toast.

Thanks for Butker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

poo poo. That's a major loss. Was really hoping he'd be back by the playoffs.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Alright Big V, time to not suck

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/922854113536364545

Not shocked but Richard/Washington played well in his absence.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Uterine Lineup posted:

Did Peters call in to defend Marshawn? There was whining by bad radio hosts about that possibility in KC yesterday.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Uterine Lineup posted:

I mean, if you're going to manhandle an official like that, yeah, don't be surprised if it's upheld.

Though the appeals for dirty hits needs to be retooled big time.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wow, looks like the Steelers are CUTTING Martavis Bryant!

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/922856119344676864

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Did Peters call in to defend Marshawn? There was whining by bad radio hosts about that possibility in KC yesterday.

610 is the worst, except 810 which is even worse.

OH NO MARCUS PETERS CALLED IN HOW DARE HE NOT FOCUS ON FOOTBALL, HE NEEDS TO MATURE

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Grittybeard posted:

He apparently vouched for Lynch but I didn't see any reports about what he specifically said.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

fsif posted:

Wow, looks like the Steelers are CUTTING Martavis Bryant!

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/922856119344676864

JuJu is in the concussion protocol. I bet they'll sit JuJu and showcase Martavis this week and then trade him at the deadline.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

JuJu is in the concussion protocol. I bet they'll sit JuJu and showcase Martavis this week and then trade him at the deadline.

That seems like it'd have to be a pretty good trade offer to give up a talented player (no matter how malcontent) on a cheap contract.

No Butt Stuff posted:

610 is the worst, except 810 which is even worse.

OH NO MARCUS PETERS CALLED IN HOW DARE HE NOT FOCUS ON FOOTBALL, HE NEEDS TO MATURE

I rarely partake of sports talk these days but caught Kietzman's ridiculous diatribe about this yesterday afternoon. He apparently thinks the Chiefs should be hiring private investigators to follow Peters, Kelce and Hill around.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I believe Wentz is good because of Gruden's QB camp

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick reads: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2017/week-7-quick-reads

This is a good week for comments

22. Mitchell Trubisky - OK, here we go. This game was so weird it literally broke our system. Our parser actually missed Trubisky's game on it's first run-through because, while he had 11 dropbacks, he only threw seven passes. The Bears have now won two games in eight days with 10 or fewer completions in each win. You have to go back to the 2012 Bills to find a team that had two or more such wins in an entire season. Five teams since 2006 have gone an entire game with fewer than 10 passes. All five won. Three of them were coached by John Fox. Only two of Trubisky's completions were even successful plays: a 24-yard completion to Zach Miller and a 70-yard completion to Tarik Cohen. His other nine plays had a net loss of 9 yards. His median gain was zero yards. Only two of his attempts came on first down, though one was the 70-yarder, so clearly he benefited from the element of surprise. He had three plays on Carolina's side of the 50: a 5-yard gain on second-and-15 and two sacks. He threw one pass to a wide receiver, an 8-yard gain on third-and-13 to someone named Tanner Gentry, who sounds more like the opening act at the Grand Ole Opry than an NFL wideout. As discussed at length in the essay and comments of Derrik Klassen's Film Room piece last week, Trubisky almost literally can not throw to his left. He was 0-for-2 throwing to his left against Carolina, and is now 3-of-11 for 27 yards when throwing to his left this year. I wrote 70 words about Trubisky for every pass he completed this week.

27. Jacoby Brissett - (The following all-sack Quick Reads comment has been brought to you by the Jacksonville Jaguars defense.) The Jaguars sacked Brisset six times on first down, twice on second down, and twice on third down. They sacked him once in the red zone, twice in the front zone, five times between the 40s, and twice inside the Indianapolis 40. They did not sack him in the first quarter, but they had three in the second, three in the third, and four in the fourth. Brissett was sacked more times in this game than Jameis Winston, Dak Prescott, or Drew Brees have been sacked all season. (This comment has been brought to you by the Jacksonville Jaguars defense.)

32. Drew Stanton - Stanton entered the game with Arizona down 13-0 in the second quarter, so this next comment is not totally fair, but still: Stanton did not throw for a first down until his last pass of the third quarter, by which point the Cardinals were down 26-0. Stanton only threw for two first downs in this game, on gains of 25 and 23 yards. That means his other 14 dropbacks (including two sacks) gained only 6 yards. On the Rams' half of the field, he went 0-for-4 with a sack.

33. Trevor Siemian - How to Get Your Team Shut Out, by Trevor Siemian: Inside the Chargers' 40, Siemian went 5-of-7 for 38 yards (a total that is skewed by a 17-yard gain on fourth-and-26) with three sacks, two fumbles, and an interception. On third downs, he went 6-of-9 for 59 yards with a sack-fumble and only two conversions. He also had another fourth-down play; it was intercepted. He finished with 13 failed completions for 69 yards, both the highest marks of any quarterback this week. Deshaun Watson has only gained 66 yards on failed completions this season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers are the only team with a losing record and positive point differential.

loving close losses

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

pubic works project posted:

JuJu is in the concussion protocol.

Did this just break? I can't find anywhere reporting it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers are the only team with a losing record and positive point differential.

loving close losses
Shutting out the Broncos certainly helped.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blarfk posted:

Did this just break? I can't find anywhere reporting it.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/922855846408843264

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Dang it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/922840998321049600

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Look at that cmc effect

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens are the worst organization in the NFL right now. Thanks to Harbaugh mainly but there are other factors. He should have been fired immediately after the Superbowl win. Then we could have brought in a great coach who would want to coach a "Superbowl team".

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Quick reads: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2017/week-7-quick-reads

This is a good week for comments

27. Jacoby Brissett - (The following all-sack Quick Reads comment has been brought to you by the Jacksonville Jaguars defense.) The Jaguars sacked Brisset six times on first down, twice on second down, and twice on third down. They sacked him once in the red zone, twice in the front zone, five times between the 40s, and twice inside the Indianapolis 40. They did not sack him in the first quarter, but they had three in the second, three in the third, and four in the fourth. Brissett was sacked more times in this game than Jameis Winston, Dak Prescott, or Drew Brees have been sacked all season. (This comment has been brought to you by the Jacksonville Jaguars defense.)
:allears: This is amazing.

The Jaguars - not rock bottom.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

dolphins logo almost completely obscured by bengals and cardinals

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens are the worst organization in the NFL right now. Thanks to Harbaugh mainly but there are other factors. He should have been fired immediately after the Superbowl win. Then we could have brought in a great coach who would want to coach a "Superbowl team".

I don't think firing a Super Bowl winning coach immediately after winning the Super Bowl is the sort of move that endears you to the sort of coach you're looking for.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Look at that cmc effect

the best part of EPA is definitely that only 8 teams are in positive territory when running.

Also the Ravens are the 2nd worst at rushing and 3rd worst passing.

kawalimusing is justified this year.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Freaquency posted:

don't think firing a Super Bowl winning coach immediately after winning the Super Bowl is the sort of move that endears you to the sort of coach you're looking for.
It worked for the Cowboys :v:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

don't think firing a Super Bowl winning coach immediately after winning the Super Bowl is the sort of move that endears you to the sort of coach you're looking for.

I'm not so sure about that. Because it lets another coach know that their performance isn't going to be solely about wins and losses. We won that Superbowl despite Harbaugh's best efforts, and only after a portion of the players openly rebelled against him and forced out "his guy". It sends the message coach competently and use the players properly or you're outta there.

John Harbaugh is a worse coach than Billick was, and Billick was pretty bad at times. Harbaugh has no idea what he's doing. I feel sorry for the team who ends up with this dope after my team is done with him. He brings absolutely nothing to the table and is nothing but Bisciotti's corporate kiss-rear end. The 2010-12 Ravens could have won the SB all three years or at least 2/3.

Again this year the Ravens have real solid talent on defense. But we're a bad unit. Why? Because Harbaugh has insisted on keeping "his guy" dean pees in charge even though he's shown he can't run a defense worth crap!

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 24, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kawalimus posted:

:allears:

So, in your mind, is the AFC North actually the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Broncos or something

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I'm with Fiz, this is a gimmick.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

:allears:

So, in your mind, is the AFC North actually the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Broncos or something

I don't understand what you're saying here, sorry.

I do realize that statement sounds ridiculous, but if you know the context of what I'm saying with how the 2012 Ravens were, it's a little more understandable. The Ravens almost missed the playoffs that year due to Cameron and we pretty much wasted Boldin's entire time here aside from that small period at the end. TJ Houshmandzadeh was also a guy who would just come out and say how badly the Ravens ran things and the team gave him hell for it. But he just said "yeah this offensive system is god drat stupid" more or less.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/TonyD1070/status/922545935112122368

Filed under "no poo poo"

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kawalimus posted:

I don't understand what you're saying here, sorry.

I do realize that statement sounds ridiculous, but if you know the context of what I'm saying with how the 2012 Ravens were, it's a little more understandable. The Ravens almost missed the playoffs that year due to Cameron and we pretty much wasted Boldin's entire time here aside from that small period at the end. TJ Houshmandzadeh was also a guy who would just come out and say how badly the Ravens ran things and the team gave him hell for it. But he just said "yeah this offensive system is god drat stupid" more or less.

I'm just trying to figure out how you can seriously believe this when two worse-run organizations, including the league's actual worst, are in the same division as the Ravens

I figured you just forgot that the Browns and the Bengals existed or something

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Football is better when your favourite team wins football games

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm just trying to figure out how you can seriously believe this when two worse-run organizations, including the league's actual worst, are in the same division as the Ravens

Lol there's no logical debate with his gimmick. Just laugh and move on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cash Monet posted:

I'm with Fiz, this is a gimmick.

It's been an obvious gimmick for years.

Oh maybe we're talking about different gimmicks.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So this year the all-IR team looks loving stacked :stare:

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
WR Julian Edelman
WR Allen Robinson
TE Greg Olsen
RB Dalvin Cook
RB David Johnson
FB John Kuhn
T Joe Thomas
T Zach Strief
T Jason Peters
G Mike Iupati
G Marshal Yanda
C Ryan Kalil?

DE JJ Watt
DE Cliff Avril
DT Sharrif Floyd *NFI
DT Haloti Ngata
LB Tamba Hali
LB Whitney Mercilus
LB Shane Ray
LB Jordan Hicks
CB Deangelo Hall
CB Delvin Breaux
CB Deshawn Shead
S Calvin Pryor
S Eric Berry

P Sam Martin *NFI
K Sebastian Janikowski
LS Carson Tinker
PR Quintin Demps
KR Darren Sproles

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

axeil posted:

So this year the all-IR team looks loving stacked :stare:

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
WR Julian Edelman
WR Allen Robinson
TE Greg Olsen
RB Dalvin Cook
RB David Johnson
FB John Kuhn
T Joe Thomas
T Zach Strief
T Jason Peters
G Mike Iupati
G Marshal Yanda
C Ryan Kalil?

DE JJ Watt
DE Cliff Avril
DT Sharrif Floyd *NFI
DT Haloti Ngata
LB Tamba Hali
LB Whitney Mercilus
LB Shane Ray
LB Jordan Hicks
CB Deangelo Hall
CB Delvin Breaux
CB Deshawn Shead
S Calvin Pryor
S Eric Berry

P Sam Martin *NFI
K Sebastian Janikowski
LS Carson Tinker
PR Quintin Demps
KR Darren Sproles

poo poo. you could probably do an all-IR team for each conference.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DariusLikewise posted:

Football is better when your favourite team wins football games
Yeah...:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

Oh those. Yeah they're bad. Again I often say stuff like "Dean Pees is the worst DC in the history of the NFL", it mostly is just my way of saying he sucks and I hate him, obviously I can't put out a legitimate argument regarding that. Same thing with the "we're the worst organization". I also used to call the Ravens the dumbest team in the NFL. I have no way of measuring or proving that I just said it when they made a bunch of dumb penalties. Sorry for the confusion.

• Locked thread