Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

iospace posted:

Friendly reminder that if Kaep wins his lawsuit, the CBA is anulled.

How's this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wait, if Garoppolo goes to the Niners, where does Kirk Cousins end up? Arizona? Cleveland?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

How's this?

Article 69 of the CBA

Section 2. Termination Due To Collusion:
(a) If at any time the conditions of Article 17, Section 16(a), (b), or (c) are
satisfied, the NFLPA shall have the right to terminate this Agreement. To execute such
termination, the NFLPA shall serve upon the NFL written notice of termination within
thirty days after the System Arbitrator’s decision finding the requisite conditions becomes
final. The parties agree, however, that such termination shall be stayed if any party
appeals such finding to the Appeals Panel, and to seek expedited review from the Appeals
Panel.
(b) Any failure of the NFLPA to exercise its right to terminate this Agreement
with respect to any League Year in accordance with this Article shall not be
deemed a waiver of or in any way impair or prejudice any right of the NFLPA, if any, to
terminate this Agreement in accordance with this Article with respect to any succeeding
League Year.

It's nice

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
it'll never happen

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/925079753601798144

drat

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

TheChirurgeon posted:

it'll never happen

Yeah the union wouldn't toss the CBA for Kaep.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Spoeank posted:

YOUR ZERO DOLLAR A YEAR SALARY WITH BENEFITS, BABE pops into my head whenever my wife and I get snippy with each other

You did remind me I needed to add "SerenityByJan" to my list of in-game names I need to use in the future.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't check the thread for 4 hours once and everything happens :stare:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ulmont posted:

they hate the current cba they'd toss it for a bag of cheetos

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
So we traded Duane Brown eh? That was fun to wake up to

loving McNair

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ulmont posted:

Kap's lawyer pretty much came out and said that if he gets signed, the lawsuit gets dropped. So they'll foist him on some poo poo team on a poo poo contract and the CBA will remain in place for a while yet.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Naturally Selected posted:

Kap's lawyer pretty much came out and said that if he gets signed, the lawsuit gets dropped. So they'll foist him on some poo poo team on a poo poo contract and the CBA will remain in place for a while yet.

So, like, the Browns?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Brown are a feces team named after poop. Nobody could help them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

warcrimes posted:

What a terrible loving move.

I mean it's not like we were gonna draft someone worth a drat with it (because we can't), so why not?

:smithicide:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Just getting a reasonable offer probably tanks their case, I'll bet

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/NFLMemes4You/status/925207405071278080

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Barudak posted:

So, like, the Browns?

I mean, it literally couldn't get any worse for them so, why not.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

Article 69 of the CBA

Section 2. Termination Due To Collusion:
(a) If at any time the conditions of Article 17, Section 16(a), (b), or (c) are
satisfied, the NFLPA shall have the right to terminate this Agreement. To execute such
termination, the NFLPA shall serve upon the NFL written notice of termination within
thirty days after the System Arbitrator’s decision finding the requisite conditions becomes
final. The parties agree, however, that such termination shall be stayed if any party
appeals such finding to the Appeals Panel, and to seek expedited review from the Appeals
Panel.
(b) Any failure of the NFLPA to exercise its right to terminate this Agreement
with respect to any League Year in accordance with this Article shall not be
deemed a waiver of or in any way impair or prejudice any right of the NFLPA, if any, to
terminate this Agreement in accordance with this Article with respect to any succeeding
League Year.

It's nice

Nice.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hoo boy

That's uh

That sure is a thing, huh

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I did not realize Kap was half Jewish...

(Can't wait for absolutely nothing to come of this)

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Spoeank posted:

Hoo boy

That's uh

Jesus Christ.

You gotta post the link where you found that picture.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spoeank posted:

Hoo boy

That's uh

I hope he enjoyed his job.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Peachfart posted:

Jesus Christ.

You gotta post the link where you found that picture.

lol loving TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/30/colin-kaepernick-reno-police-officer-halloween-costume/

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
It happens so often its useless to ask but still, what the hell made him think that was a good idea

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The nose thing makes it seem like he is incredibly confused.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shinjobi posted:

I hope he enjoyed his job.

He's not gonna get fired. Cops are basically the KKK and they get away with it.

quote:

When asked if the officer was punished, we were told, "We have no policy that would dictate any disciplinary action."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

He's not gonna get fired. Cops are basically the KKK and they get away with it.

lolololol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741578-reno-police-apologize-for-officers-colin-kaepernick-halloween-costume

cops are vile scum

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

It doesn't matter there's no way in hell they have a case.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

warcrimes posted:

It doesn't matter there's no way in hell they have a case.

I mean he's clearly getting blackballed...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

cops are vile scum

But enough about Chiche :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If Kaep proves collusion, some sort of compromise will have to be put in place to avoid bringing the whole CBA down, I think.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

whypick1 posted:

But enough about Chiche :v:

Chiche would put some effort into his systematic oppression via costume. it shows he cares

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

seiferguy posted:

If Kaep proves collusion, some sort of compromise will have to be put in place to avoid bringing the whole CBA down, I think.

Because of there's one thing the NFL is known for, it's compromise :v:

Its Rinaldo posted:

Chiche would put some effort into his systematic oppression via costume. it shows he cares

Fair enough

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Unions are like enemies in RPGs. The more we kill the stronger ours gets.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Is it still called shoeblack if the color is mocha? I'm trying to get my Michael Brown costume just right.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Jerry Jones will always be nouveau riche, and will fail if he opposes the Rooney/Mara cabal

This logic was supposed to save us from Trump as well but time makes fools of us all

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Its Rinaldo posted:

Compassionate conservative

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chiche would put some effort into his Kaep mocking costume. A moneybag with $126 million on it, for example

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Zeke could have served his suspension by now if he hadn't gone through the appeals process

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

gently caress the cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Zeke could have served his suspension by now if he hadn't gone through the appeals process

Are Dallas/Zeke/NFLPA trying to stretch this out in the hope that the whole thing gets overturned? Dallas' season is far from written off right now (well, with Zeke gone for the next 6 games it might be hard for them to claw back). Is it worth them running the risk of losing him for 6 games at the start of next season?

• Locked thread