Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

DariusLikewise posted:

Football is better when your favourite team wins football games

Hell no. With wins comes expectations. With expectations comes failed expectations.

Give me the serene valley of mediocrity that comes with hiring Jeff Fisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/842460615042076675

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

huwhat?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Fahey has done a very good job of being opinionated in a way that appeals to people if he likes your guy and turns you completely off if he doesn't like your guy. Either way you're talking about him.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am on board with Harbaugh being fired at this point, though. Even without all of the injuries, it's hard to believe that this team would have been much better offensively, and he's shown that he can't really hire an OC worth a drat.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/teamjuju/status/922852041273122817

Martavis wyd

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean, I think that's very silly reasoning, since who exactly is hitting a ton of deep passes? But yeah, he is whiffing on his bombs:

Splits:

Wentz:

21-30 yards: 3/8
31-40 yards: 3/8
41+ yards: 1/8

Let's see, let's just go down the list of highest rated passers:

Alex Smith:

21-30 yards: 6/9
31-40 yards: 2/6
41+ yards: 0/3

Brady:

21-30 yards: 8/22
31-40 yards: 3/7
41+ yards: 1/6

Brees:

21-30 yards: 3/11
31-40 yards: 3/5
41+ yards: ---

Cousins:

21-30 yards: 2/7
31-40 yards: 1/4
41+ yards: 1/2

Watson:

21-30 yards: 4/16
41+ yards: 2/5

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Watson:

21-30 yards: 4/16
41+ yards: 2/5
Fuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuu Texans.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Put aside the fact that it's all hindsight bullshit for a second--I just love the logic of people who think that Wentz, who struggled in his first year on the Eagles, would somehow been just as successful in Cleveland as he has been in Philadephia. That the only difference is what color his jersey would have been.

Kalli posted:

Let's see, let's just go down the list of highest rated passers:

Not sure this proves your point. No NFL QBs are really accurate on 41+ yard passes and the sample sizes aren't large enough for the differences to matter

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Freaquency posted:

I am on board with Harbaugh being fired at this point, though. Even without all of the injuries, it's hard to believe that this team would have been much better offensively, and he's shown that he can't really hire an OC worth a drat.

He had Kubiak but who knows how much of that was his own decision. That was the one year, probably since 1996 and 97, that the Ravens organization had something that resembled an actual NFL offense. That playoff game in Pittsburgh I had just never seen anything like in my fandom..it was like holy crap wow. Actually I will say that Cameron did do a pretty good job in the 2010 playoff game at Kansas City. One of his few high points. But for the most part they look like a clueless mess.

He could get by with it when we had more talent so the ineptitude didn't show as much. But you can really see what a poor team Harbaugh runs when we're not stacked. Like how Cameron was so great in San Diego when he had Tomlinson, Gates, etc but then went to coach the Dolphins and almost went winless.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Cian Fahey is a loving moron.

https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/922673278820401152

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

axeil posted:

Cian Fahey is a loving moron.

I agree, but not because of a post he made in March specifically

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TheChirurgeon posted:

Put aside the fact that it's all hindsight bullshit for a second--I just love the logic of people who think that Wentz, who struggled in his first year on the Eagles, would somehow been just as successful in Cleveland as he has been in Philadephia. That the only difference is what color his jersey would have been.

Oh for sure. The biggest problem lovely teams have is the players, coaching and front office sucks, and if any of those suck, you're going to blow unless the other two are overwhelmingly good, and it becomes really hard to tell if any of them are even close to fixed if two of them suck. Like if the Browns had decided to take Wentz, then well, maybe they invest more in WR's in free agency over the past two years, but considering they have the absolute worst passing offense right now... odds are Wentz would look a lot like 2016 Goff.

Like, look at the Rams, turns out they were actually drafting good offensive players, but the offensive coaching was so bad they all looked like the worst players on the planet

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Why are the Texans negative on passing

e: Oh they're not. Why don't the zeroes line up with the axis..es? Axii? Axes?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 24, 2017

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

broncos should sign kaepernick

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

DariusLikewise posted:

Football is better when your favourite team wins football games

I don't understand the question.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TheChirurgeon posted:

Not sure this proves your point. No NFL QBs are really accurate on 41+ yard passes and the sample sizes aren't large enough for the differences to matter

Yeah, the nature or nurture argument extends to every aspect of life. There's some parallel universe out there where Jamarcus Russell is playing one last season before retiring with 8 Superbowl rings.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Nah, the axis is off since it's built to separate the top and bottom half of teams, not true 0. The Texans are slightly positive in passing and slightly negative in rushing. But since league wide, passing is positive and rushing is negative, compared to other teams, they're the reverse, slightly negative passing and slightly positive rushing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Through never clicking on any videos I somehow missed that Travis Kelce and Kareem Hunt were in the bar with Deshone Kizer Friday night until now.

I guess they're both from Ohio but drat, spending an off day to go to a bar in Cleveland guys. You have decent money to travel now.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Is week one making the Texan's passing slightly below average on the whole?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Intruder posted:

e: Oh they're not. Why don't the zeroes line up with the axis..es? Axii? Axes?

Axeil? :v:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

fishing with the fam posted:

Hell no. With wins comes expectations. With expectations comes failed expectations.

Give me the serene valley of mediocrity that comes with hiring Jeff Fisher.

Jeff Fisher will always represent the 5 most frustrating years of football I've ever watched

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

DariusLikewise posted:

Jeff Fisher will always represent the 5 most frustrating years of football I've ever watched

It must be soooo much worse, based on the quick turnaround under McVay, in hindsight.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Is there anything more affirming of coaching inadequacy than when Steve Kerr replaced Mark Jackson. loving night and day.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oakland rapidly becoming Wayward Home For NFCW Players Who Were Good in 2013

You know what you must do Raiders

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

broncos should sign kaepernick

They should, but Elway is a big Trump supporter so it won't happen.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's week 8, it's too late to fix any team's QB problem.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Browns could win a game with keap. Not quite "fix" but would at least guarantee one single win

Would have beat the titans with keap

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't think any one player on or off an NFL roster could guarantee the 2017 Browns a win.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Cash Monet posted:

Is there anything more affirming of coaching inadequacy than when Steve Kerr replaced Mark Jackson. loving night and day.

Harbaugh to Tomsula?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Well, yeah. Really it's "should have signed". Broncos are hosed this season regardless.

e: getting him for next season and drafting another QB prospect wouldn't be the worst of ideas either though. Brock & Trevor are Real Bad and all signs point toward Lynch being Real Bad too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh man thomas davis' wife throwing down the gauntlet

https://twitter.com/MorganFogarty/status/922911491900235777

amazing she can use her hands to talk so much with that boulder on her finger

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

fishing with the fam posted:

It must be soooo much worse, based on the quick turnaround under McVay, in hindsight.

It's incredibly frustrating, even more so now that the defense is starting to look better now than it did ever under Fisher.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Arians gone after this season http://bit.ly/2yHU2Ny

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:thunk:
https://twitter.com/BruceArians/status/922972845088563200

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

GobiasIndustries posted:

Well, yeah. Really it's "should have signed". Broncos are hosed this season regardless.

e: getting him for next season and drafting another QB prospect wouldn't be the worst of ideas either though. Brock & Trevor are Real Bad and all signs point toward Lynch being Real Bad too.

Hm, as a Buffalo native I'm going to have to remind you that Chad Kelly is Real Good, if he can keep from getting injured and not drive drunk in nightclubs or whatever.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

von Metternich posted:

Hm, as a Buffalo native I'm going to have to remind you that Chad Kelly is Real Good, if he can keep from getting injured and not drive drunk in nightclubs or whatever.

Or starting fights at local high school football games

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I accept no man wearing a kango into the Birdgang :colbert:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I had no idea that bruce arians is 65 , glad to see the cards have moments of relevance, lost now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

von Metternich posted:

Oh gently caress how did I forget? Free Chad Kelly.

• Locked thread