Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Football is better when your favourite team wins football games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

fishing with the fam posted:

Hell no. With wins comes expectations. With expectations comes failed expectations.

Give me the serene valley of mediocrity that comes with hiring Jeff Fisher.

Jeff Fisher will always represent the 5 most frustrating years of football I've ever watched

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

fishing with the fam posted:

It must be soooo much worse, based on the quick turnaround under McVay, in hindsight.

It's incredibly frustrating, even more so now that the defense is starting to look better now than it did ever under Fisher.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I thought the Browns were supposed to have a top-tier O-line(before Joe Thomas went down), if that the truth and they draft a QB number 1 overall and land 2 of the like 20 WRs scheduled for free agency maybe they could have a good offense next year? I wouldn't trust Hue with any of that though.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Browns.

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/923202933851860993

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm just reminded of how awful everyone on the Rams offense looked last year. And then we find out - surprise! They're actually good players!

They also added a ton in the offseason, Whitworth and Sullivan on the O-line, Watkins, Woods and Kupp at receiver and Everett at TE

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

How awful is PFF at grading players?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

PFF loves every Browns draft and the roster.

Oh dang, they rated Mark Barron as the top run-stopping ILB and Alex Ogletree as the best pass-rushing ILB in the league

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/25/nfl-los-angeles-rams-mark-barron-alec-ogletree-pff-stats/

"Terrible! but has plenty of time to get get good someday"
"Always injured but probably the best wide receiver on the roster"
"Is currently the leading receiver on the team"

These are not great endorsements

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

He probably has the worst contract in football to boot.

Rams can get out of his contract in the offseason pretty easily. I was pretty surprised with McVay that Austin isn't being used in the slot more, but maybe he has more problems with catching and route-running than I think? He got taken off punt and kick returning for fumbling issues as well. The best thing he does right now is pick up a first down or 2 on jet sweeps.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Bryant has no leverage, he's coming off multiple suspensions and the Steelers can make him play out his contract which is peanuts. He should of just kept his mouth shut and played football.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I got to this thread late, so I'm responding to something a day or two old.

I hear what you're saying about the five frustrating years, and I get it. But for me the most frustrating five year stretch was from 2007-2011:

2007: 3-13, -175 pd, Linehan
2008: 2-14, -233 pd, Haslett/Linehan
2009: 1-15, -261 pd, Spagnuolo
2010: 7-9, -39 pd, Spags
2011: 2-14, -214 pd, Spags

That 15 wins in a five year stretch is the worst in NFL history. Those numbers are historically bad.

They had 31 wins during the Fisher era, but so much more was expected which makes it almost equally frustrating. But that 15 wins in five years ranks number one in my most frustrating football experience.

McVay already has a better season record than five of the Rams' seasons since 2007.

pd = point differential

Maybe I've suppressed memories of those seasons, but I do remember have really low expectations of those seasons, except maybe 2011? I think that was the first time Bradford got hurt? I had way higher expectations for the last 5 years of Jeff Fisher and it's especially frustrating now knowing that we had good talent and just needed another couple offensive lineman, a wide receiver and not-Brian Schottenhiemer

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Also a CFL Touchdown Celebration

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lol nfl.com writers, Sammy Watkins isn't good, better just call that 2nd round pick and starting corner a loss and trade him off for a 4th

quote:

Los Angeles Rams: Sell Sammy Watkins

Edward Lewis: Watkins hasn't been bad for the Rams this season, but he certainly hasn't been worth the second-rounder they gave up for the soon-to-be free agent. He has just 264 yards and two touchdowns thus far, so the Rams wouldn't miss his production. And with a name brand that would command more than he's probably worth at the moment, the Rams could possibly get back a starter somewhere else, or at least future draft compensation.

Potential compensation: 2018 fourth-round pick.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

They said panthers should trade peppers to ne for a conditional seventh.

The NFL desperately wants the Trade Deadline to be relevant

SHOAH NUFF posted:

They have like 3-4 mil I think. The Jarvis Landry trade is pure madden fantasy but sending the Bills a mid/late round pick for Boldin would be a fantastic move

No clue about moving on from Alex Smith, I have no idea what's going to happen with the Chiefs QBs this offseason its a weird situation. Tamba Hali can come off IR, hopefully they are saving him for the end of the season or something

The Chiefs have 3.6 million of cap space right now and an estimated -990k next year as-is. They have to move on from Alex Smith next season.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I could easily see a team giving up a first and second for Smith in the offseason

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Any competent LT's to trade for that are UFA at the end of the year?

Duane Brown? He's due 9 million next season, but it's not guaranteed so he can be cut for nothing.

WHOOPS posted:

that’s because there’s no actual trade deadline intrigue.

those pieces work for other sports cause insane trades actually happen in them.

If the NFL really wanted more trades they could change the way trading affects cap hits and get rid of compensatory picks.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

fsif posted:

I think this is woke by NFL owner standards.

Considering that the owners are 31 old white guys and 1 old brown guy that all probably donated millions to the Trump campaign I would say so.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

Just posting before any overly excited Packers fans reply to this to remind everyone that their board supported the lockout

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say whoever the President of the Packers board is, he's probably an old white guy.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

When are we expected to find out about Elliott's suspension?

Hearing is today so by this afternoon probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Is it possible for a team to trade for the rights to Calvin Johnson without him coming out of retirement first?

• Locked thread