Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I just finished the story content of Chapter 9 (first Cyber Sleuth) and I was wondering how in the world this game would last another 11 chapters, but I have discovered that nothing ever happens and that is how it never ends. We stage a huge break-in, infiltrate the second-most secure location on the net, and steal the encrypted diary of the only tangible villain character, and we find out absolutely nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/digimon_rearise/status/955288948191895552

Wrong franchise Sonic

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just letting folks know that the best time to start doing serious grinding is probably going to be in Chapter 9. Kowloon Lv. 5 is just...accessible. For no real reason. And all the enemies are Ultimate level, giving anywhere between 42k-90k+ exp per battle with 3 fully equipped PlatinumNumemons. So grab some Ultimates yourself, smash that firewall, turn your PlatSukas into PlatNumes and grind yourself some level 99 Megas.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
When should I digidevolve and what should I be doing with my farm? I'm still early on, halfway through Chapter 4 or 5 IIRC

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I just finished the story content of Chapter 9 (first Cyber Sleuth) and I was wondering how in the world this game would last another 11 chapters, but I have discovered that nothing ever happens and that is how it never ends. We stage a huge break-in, infiltrate the second-most secure location on the net, and steal the encrypted diary of the only tangible villain character, and we find out absolutely nothing

Yeah, second to the grinding, the plodding story was my biggest complain about Cyber Sleuth. Did the sequel get better in that regard?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Azran posted:

When should I digidevolve and what should I be doing with my farm? I'm still early on, halfway through Chapter 4 or 5 IIRC

Dedigivolve if you've hit the level cap and literally cannot Digivolve into anything.

The Farm depends on what you want to do, kinda. Training boosts stats, Investigate gets new quests, Develop gets new items. Generally I have my team just Develop and throw hundreds of thousands of yen at them.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Seiyal posted:

I'm hoping that by 'random' sidequest that means it's not one of the mandatory ones? Because I'll admit, that's really not something I'm hoping to have to play through if at all possible.

Just finished the side quest in question. It is, indeed, mandatory. Though if it makes it any better (probably won't), it's not a school shooting, at least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Seems the new Digimon to be added will be Apocalymon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Kickass standup comedian or brooding psycho apocalypamon tho?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I don't actually know how he was outside the English dub, but pretty sure he was more serious. Maybe not brooding tho

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

mandatory lesbian posted:

I don't actually know how he was outside the English dub, but pretty sure he was more serious. Maybe not brooding tho

I'm pretty sure he was the kind of villain he looked like in the original, but he had so little screentime either way that I doubt he was memorable. Wouldn't mind him ranting about pizza crusts at least one as a joke.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/957273589463601152

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

serefin99 posted:

Just finished the side quest in question. It is, indeed, mandatory. Though if it makes it any better (probably won't), it's not a school shooting, at least.

Thank you kindly for the heads-up, it's appreciated. Well, I may just try to rush through it as quickly as possible then, I'm really not a fan of those scenarios at all. I believe I'm still a couple of chapters away from that, so I've got time.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seems the new Digimon to be added will be Apocalymon.

Hope we get the Adventure 02 bad guys at some point. I liked Malomyotismon way more than Venomyotismon. Mummymon and Arachnemon are also cool.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/958040100553736192

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

poo poo, I never finished the original Cyber Sleuth.
Ended up ragequitting because I couldn't beat one of the dlc extra missions (probably Lucemon) and later decided that a fresh start was exactly what I needed to do with it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone heard of this?

quote:

Pre-order the PS4 version, or buy the PS Vita digital version on the PlayStation Store and you'll receive the pre-order DLC for free.

The pre-order DLC is NOT cross-buy on the PlayStation Store, for the PS4 version of the game. This is the really confusing part of how Bandai Namco has handled the DLC for this game. If you get the Vita version of the game's DLC, you will receive the PS4 version for free. But if you get the PS4 version of the game's DLC, you will NOT receive the PS Vita version for free.

The pre-order DLC is time-sensitive. It will be available for one month before being removed from the PlayStation Store.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
First PV for ReArise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNrR4wLXp64

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ok, I can confirm. Buying the Vita Bundle on the PSN of Hacker's Memory (Digital game plus the preorder bonus) includes the extras for the PS4 version as freebies.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

edit - wrong thread

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 9, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I just got HaMe.

What I should know before starting?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Man, America really got the short end of the stick with HaMe.

There's no sign of us ever getting Alphamon and Gallantmon GX and Ciel really looks out of place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNI31PZkCk

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Vita bundle has been taken down from the PSN so is no longer able to get Omnimon NX, Leopardmon NX and Crusadermon NX.

But, Sistermon Ciel and Blanc are available now as a Free DLC for both consoles and Alphamon NX and Gallantmon NX can be bought in a bundle.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I just got to the mission with the Sistermon and man, Ciel is such a lazy change. They didn't even changed the colors of the backgrounds to match her.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I just got to the mission with the Sistermon and man, Ciel is such a lazy change. They didn't even changed the colors of the backgrounds to match her.

On the one hand, yeah, but on the other they also bothered giving her a completely new description and treat her as her own Digimon and not a lazy censorship version of something that could anger a grand total of absolutely no one, so that's good, I guess?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

On the one hand, yeah, but on the other they also bothered giving her a completely new description and treat her as her own Digimon and not a lazy censorship version of something that could anger a grand total of absolutely no one, so that's good, I guess?

The new description falls flat when they didn't bother to tweak the dialogues of the Sistermon that clearly state there's just two sisters.

It doesn't help that Ciel's color scheme is terrible. Would've killed them to at least made her dress blue?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I started the Adventure PSP game to see what it is, and while it's mostly okay (though nothing impressive, though I am at the very beginning)...

This just does not look right at all.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I started the Adventure PSP game to see what it is, and while it's mostly okay (though nothing impressive, though I am at the very beginning)...

This just does not look right at all.

If you're using PPSSPP, raise the internal resolution.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kurui Reiten posted:

If you're using PPSSPP, raise the internal resolution.

That wouldn't fix Agumon having shade on eyes that are not there, and stiff lines for his eyes that look as if they were drawn completely separately from his talking sprite.

Which, by the way, is literally the case, since the talking sprites are, in almost every case, literally nothing but stock art with modifications to account for expressions. Some, badly, like this one.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

That wouldn't fix Agumon having shade on eyes that are not there, and stiff lines for his eyes that look as if they were drawn completely separately from his talking sprite.

Which, by the way, is literally the case, since the talking sprites are, in almost every case, literally nothing but stock art with modifications to account for expressions. Some, badly, like this one.

Oh, that. Well, I might take the time to throw together an HD font for the game, and I guess maybe I could hunt down the stock art and replace those pictures with the proper ones? Though I'm not going to go through and edit them to have the expressions, because gently caress that work, so everyone would have whatever neutral expression they have.

No promises.

Update: This isn't happening, it looks like the game doesn't pop a texture with all the text characters in it, it instead seems to generate a unique one for every text box. So at the moment, with what I know, I would have to edit every single text box manually. In the entire game.

gently caress that.

Kurui Reiten fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 14, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnxquue-Kps

Erismon evolutions are...interesting.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I know it's a bit late to ask this with Hacker's Memory out and all but I got into Cyber Sleuth super late (no PS4, and then I waited until it was on sale - which, unsurprisingly, happened a bit after HM came out). I'm trying to get the Platinum but getting Medals is a pain in the rear end, and I know Agumon (Black) and MetalGreymon (Blue) can only be gotten off their respective Cases.

My question is: can I manipulate that? I keep getting the same few no matter how much Investigation I do in my farms. It's annoying me.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Blaze Dragon posted:

My question is: can I manipulate that? I keep getting the same few no matter how much Investigation I do in my farms. It's annoying me.

You can't manipulate it, but you can savescum it. Save like, a minute before you get the mail about finishing the investigation, and continually reload it until you get the one you need.

Also make sure that you can get the mission, some are chapter locked.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheFlyingLlama posted:

You can't manipulate it, but you can savescum it. Save like, a minute before you get the mail about finishing the investigation, and continually reload it until you get the one you need.

Also make sure that you can get the mission, some are chapter locked.

I'm in the postgame, so that shouldn't be an issue. I guess the only thing I have left is savescumming it, sigh.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

it is super depressing how many problems in cyber sleuth and hacker's memory have the best answer of "savescum it lol"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, I'm heading out of town for work stuff, and I am debating downloading Cyber Sleuth 1 for my Vita so I have some entertainment, and because I don't want to buy CS2 before beating 1 (which I haven't done yet)

For context, my PS4 version has the preorder DLC and whatnot.

So, if I try to do the Cross Save thing, will I be able to put my PS4 save onto the Vita, or would I have to start fresh and access to Beelzemon BM-less?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
If you only have the Pre Order DLC on one version, then you won't be able to use the cross save. Both saves need to be identical for it to work.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If you only have the Pre Order DLC on one version, then you won't be able to use the cross save. Both saves need to be identical for it to work.

:negative:
Fuuuuuuuuck.

I was afraid of that. Glad I asked before I wasted the forty bucks.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I tried to play through Digimon World 3 again recently and I've realized it's aged kind of badly. The game is slow, there's massive amounts of backtracking, getting new characters is pretty annoying and the actual roster of what you can use is pretty small

Opposingly, Digimon World 2 is still a pretty good game. Admittedly I use cheats for instant level ups each fight and to have infinite of all items in the server, but when you cut out the insane grind of bits and digimon leveling, the game itself is still an intriguing game with a fun combat system and a good dungeon crawler aspect that doesn't get too bogged down when you aren't having to grind, and the variety of what you can use is very large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Digimon World 3 didn't age badly, it wasn't good to begin with. Even patching up its worst problem (massive, unending grinding) you still have really bad "dynamic" loading, a crapton of backtracking, some really nonsensical plot twists, and a rather small Digimon roster (which is ultimately a minor deal, honestly, in comparison to all the rest).

Digimon World 2 is also bad and there's better dungeon crawlers out there. Pretty much any good it may have is ruined by the idiotic Jogress Evolution system, where you have to grind not one but two Digimon to keep going up levels, forever, because gently caress you.

• Locked thread