Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

It’s all cringe; China should invest in its own distinct animation style and aesthetics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Anime belongs to the people!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Maximo Roboto posted:

It’s all cringe; China should invest in its own distinct animation style and aesthetics

Japanese anime was stolen from China.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Maximo Roboto posted:

Check out Fog Hill of the Five Elements

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Check out Fog Hill of the Five Elements

My wife tried to get me to watch that and I thought it was unbearably inane.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the 3 Body cartoon was pretty fun and features ship destruction

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

ikanreed posted:

My wife tried to get me to watch that and I thought it was unbearably inane.

inane with some of the best fighting animation in the industry.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

A legend tells that monsters could give the ability to certain elected officials to master the five elements. But for that, you have to go through the dangerous foggy mountains. Follows the adventures of one of these elected officials.

nice I love elected officials!!!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no anime fight can approach the beauty and passion of a newgrounds stick death animation

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mantis42 posted:

China feared to be secretly militarizing space, says only nation to have a space branch of military

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army_Aerospace_Force

You're 3 days out of date

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ok now I support having a Space Force.

Iriscoral
Apr 9, 2023

为人民服务
Technically the PLASSF has always been referred to as a space force, though they've always seen its space components as a smaller pirority - up until now. (Its main purpose was to provide support for the other four arms, after all)

While the whole splitting the PLASSF is more of a reorganization process (trying to group cyber, space and information under one division wasn't exactly going to work out), it'd be cool if this means more spaceships lol

Iriscoral has issued a correction as of 01:58 on Apr 22, 2024

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

BONGHITZ posted:

no anime fight can approach the beauty and passion of a newgrounds stick death animation

Ahistorical revisionist running dog!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Yeah, but I took the post to mean dedicated space force. Prior to the creation of the American space force, their air force was a space force.

Anyway, I watched a bit of the chinese anime and i concur that it has very well done fight scenes. Also pleased to see this guy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mantis42 posted:

I had no clue they even had them here

they used to have one in shenzhen. went out of business like 10 years ago

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

Hey Korean goons, how authentic is the new movie 12:12 The Day (Chun Doo-hwan coup story.)

where did you see it? its available for cheap for people who arent cool enough to steal ive just been a little surprised how little press or even attempted press its gotten given how it was a huge box office hit in korea with plenty of pretentious historical political relevance to go alongside it

also "goons" probably isnt the right word because im not korean although gildiss does appear to be and i doubt anyone else had heard of it (hence my surprise discussed above)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Gildiss posted:

My extremely uninformed thoughts would be they saw the chance to lose total control if they stood firm on this.

So instead:
Chun steps down
everyone gets to "vote" now
His #2 becomes president with some simple manipulating and dividing the opposition
The military, KCIA, Prosecutors, and chaebol all remain largely untouched and business continues unhindered
A lot of the people that fought against them is pacified and lulled into thinking they won

Once the Soviets collapse the iron fist of US capital wearing the velvet glove of the IMF come in and balance things out again in full favor of the status quo.

And this is part of why you saw such an extreme response to them trying to appoint Cho Kuk to the prosecutors with the intent to reform it. That touched the very live wire of a remaining power block.

But again, I know very little about these recent historical events.

i wouldnt call these extremely uninformed thoughts maybe just regularly uninformed thoughts but only because i agree with them lol the imf only really busted south koreas balls two election cycles later when a lib won but for the two before that its unclear where anything really changed in the country at all since right wingers won those elections and governed more or less the same way they always did

its worth noting that when the right wingers agreed to impeach park geun hye some thirty years later they probably were running the exact same mental calculus and while at the time it certainly seemed like they underestimated the moment its difficult to look back at whats happened since then and say that they miscalculated in the long run

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the chinese censors must have been very confused as to why anyone would have wanted to try to export this movie to china in the first place

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Some Guy TT posted:

the chinese censors must have been very confused as to why anyone would have wanted to try to export this movie to china in the first place

its not just movies. like how big is the audience for this book

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

where did you see it? its available for cheap for people who arent cool enough to steal ive just been a little surprised how little press or even attempted press its gotten given how it was a huge box office hit in korea with plenty of pretentious historical political relevance to go alongside it

also "goons" probably isnt the right word because im not korean although gildiss does appear to be and i doubt anyone else had heard of it (hence my surprise discussed above)

I actually cheated I watched a long Chinese youtuber summarized video.

Any one who lives or used to live in Korea is automatically a "Korean goon" in the thread.

Some Guy TT posted:

I actually heard about this movie from Chinese mil bloggers discussion before I heard about it in the movie thread (RLM thread).

I wanted to watch it in opening week but I am in the middle of moving so its not possible.

Chinese people are more sensitive about the potential civil war topic than the US audience. Like the game The Last of Us has a more "civil war" type name in Chinese. I think its something like "American Dooms Day" or "America Ends" which IMO has a lot more political meaning than the English name TLOU.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 04:01 on Apr 22, 2024

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Some Guy TT posted:

I am not Korean, just live here and am married to one that really hates my opinions now lol.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

Beijing half marathon hit by controversy as China’s He Jie allowed to win

quite a heart warming story or friendship/ evil chinese cheating boo

so am i misreading this or are pacemakers completely legal in marathon running and the only actual controversy is that these guys were mislabeled

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

Beijing half marathon hit by controversy as China’s He Jie allowed to win

quite a heart warming story or friendship/ evil chinese cheating boo

lmao

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
He's so loving hungry for it, I'd have let him pass me too

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

remember the very fair tour de france where everyone definitely wasn't doping

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

fart simpson posted:

its not just movies. like how big is the audience for this book

Dumb HKers

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Jesus Christ. I've never seen a more painfully white thread than this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I intermingled with actual CCP communists. They were so hung up that democracy couldn't work, all I could do is shrug.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Wasn't mantis42 a mod like you?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i dont know

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Man Musk posted:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

lol

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

quote:

Better to be a Chinese Communist on the winning side than a Russian or Western Communist on the losing side tbf.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

AmyL posted:

Better to be a Chinese Communist on the winning side than a Russian or Western Communist on the losing side tbf.

According to the many Chinese Communists I've interviewed, none of them feel like they are on the short end of the stick. Good luck!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Man Musk posted:

According to the many Chinese Communists I've interviewed, none of them feel like they are on the short end of the stick. Good luck!

Do you know how that expression even works

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Man Musk posted:

Sure. Israel as far as we know isn't involved in identity theft, visa fraud, and money laundering to conduct its operations.

The strategic goal keep in mind was to sow discord and distrust in institutions, including and not limited to the 2016 election.

When Israel runs clandestine operations with the intent to destroy the US we can revisit this discussion.
:hmmno:

e: how many posts can we get out of this guy before he quotes adrian zenz

ee: or stepan bandera

lol there's another one

Man Musk posted:

Leftists have a problem with antisemitism. CSPAM has a problem with antisemitism. Any questions, senator?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 06:26 on Apr 22, 2024

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Man Musk posted:

Wasn't mantis42 a mod like you?

I should be, then I could finally ban the pitnutters

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
lmao does the trump thread just have nazis in it or something what in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll