Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

from a chinese youtuber or a taiwanese youtuber if the distinction seems pedantic im just curious if 12.12 the day is officially available in china because south korean media is weirdly cagey about giving any information about south korean media in that market

like for a sense of perspective i know that exhuma has already sold out at the beijing international film festival so while i know it seems likely that movie will get some sort of official release there i also know that no south korean media outlet will consider this to be newsworthy

well now that you put it that way, I look up the youtuber's bilibili channel, it says his location is in Henan, China.

【【越哥】2023年评分最高韩国电影,刷爆全网,就是因为它敢想敢拍!-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/FiOrUq9

As I said I am more interested in the US involvement both in 79 and 88 more than the coup itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1781042766048563222

the trains will surpass 300 km/h

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Blinken says genocide in Xinjiang is ongoing in report ahead of China visit
Apr 22nd, 13:02:16

By Simon Lewis

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Beijing is continuing to commit genocide and crimes against humanity against Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities in its western Xinjiang province, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in a report published on Monday, ahead of his planned visit to China this week.

The State Department's annual human rights report, which documents abuses recorded all over the world during the previous calendar year, repeated language from previous years on the treatment of Muslims in Xinjiang, but the publication raises the issue ahead of delicate talks, including on the war in Ukraine and global trade, between the top U.S. diplomat and Chinese counterparts.

In a preface, Blinken said the report "documents ongoing grave human rights abuses in the People's Republic of China (PRC)."

"For example, in Xinjiang, the PRC continues to carry out genocide, crimes against humanity, forced labor, and other human rights violations against predominantly Muslim Uyghurs and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups," Blinken said in the preface.

The section of Monday's report on China details the detention of more than one million people in camps and prisons and the use of re-education camps in Xinjiang, among other abuses committed against the broader Chinese population.

China has vigorously denied abuses in Xinjiang and says it established "vocational training centers" to curb terrorism, separatism and religious radicalism.

Blinken when he took office in 2021 endorsed a determination by his predecessor that China's actions amounted to genocide, and he has raised the issue in meetings with Chinese officials.

The annual human rights report has in recent years echoed that position and said the genocide is ongoing, but Xinjiang has featured less prominently in direct contacts between U.S. and Chinese officials.

A senior State Department official briefing reporters on Friday on Blinken's trip said human rights would be among the issues raised by Blinken with Chinese officials, but did not mention the situation in Xinjiang.

(Reporting by Simon Lewis; Editing by Rosalba O'Brien)

they're going to start hammering on this drum way more now to try to deflect criticism of the ongoing genocide in Gaza, by going 'well what about China?'

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

when this baby hits 666 km/h, you're gonna see some serious poo poo

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Bad week for helicopters

https://x.com/euronews/status/1782134940378747175

https://x.com/CultWahalaNaija/status/1782739794201653684

I can't find any comment of the two Japanese copter crashing into each other, but that's probably the case.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Love helicopter accidents, they are always so mysterious.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
there was a us congressional hearing about china's developments on the far side of the moon. no one knows their plans but i'm placing a maker on railgun batteries for breaking asteroids

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Fleetwood posted:

there was a us congressional hearing about china's developments on the far side of the moon. no one knows their plans but i'm placing a maker on railgun batteries for breaking asteroids

Somebody handed Xi a copy of Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Fleetwood posted:

Someone just played Battlezone

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

good luck
https://twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1782951083234533718

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
they should just shoot him as he gets off the plane

see what happens

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

they should just shoot him as he gets off the plane

see what happens

out the back

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i hope they make him meet just the deputy mayor or something

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol at that community note

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

yellowcar posted:

lol at that community note

democracy is when allowed to only vote for different flavors of capitalists

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The chief demand of the vast majority of the human race is for their material conditions to be elevated. In the past 40 years, which system has responded to this demand?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Isn't the note's definition literally what China does?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

something something authoritarian state

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

yellowcar posted:

something something authoritarian state

No I'm asking about China not the US.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Bald Stalin posted:

Isn't the note's definition literally what China does?

And I quote: "The 'people'" unquote

Checkmate

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
If The People could decide how the state is run, their lives would obviously be improved and their problems would be solved.

That the American political system does not result in that, means it is not a democracy.

While China, is.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
what if the people just want to do gay rear end culture war?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Tankbuster posted:

what if the people just want to do gay rear end culture war?

I support the gays in their culture war for rear end

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
90% of the people are happy... BUT AT WHAT COST?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Orange Devil posted:

but have you thought about the freedums of the oppressed lee ka-shing landlord wannabes

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIMsH33DtEM

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Palladium posted:

but have you thought about the freedums of the oppressed lee ka-shing landlord wannabes

I think about this frequently and then I smile to myself.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Orange Devil posted:

Materialism is truly beautiful in how it's simultaneously a very simple mode of thinking and also intensely difficult for liberals to internalize.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

it makes more sense if you realize by people america means property owners like the founders intended

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/BBCWorld/status/1783348208392966396

quote:

A Chinese student in the US has been sentenced to nine months in prison for stalking and threatening a female Chinese student who put up pro-democracy fliers on campus.

The fliers, put up at the Berklee College of Music in Boston in late 2022, read: "We want freedom... We want democracy, we want to love, stand with Chinese people."

In response, Xiaolei Wu said he would "chop [the woman's] hands off".

A federal judge has ordered that the 26-year-old be deported after serving his sentence.

“What Mr. Wu did in weaponising the authoritarian nature of the People’s Republic of China to threaten this woman is incredibly disturbing," said Jodi Cohen, who leads the FBI’s Boston Division that investigated the case.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

fits my needs posted:

https://x.com/BBCWorld/status/1783348208392966396

quote:

The fliers, put up at the Berklee College of Music in Boston

rofl

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
tfw when you weaponize the authoritarian nature of the people’s republic of china to threaten someone

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

crepeface posted:

tfw when you weaponize the authoritarian nature of the people’s republic of china to threaten someone

Nothing better

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PalTw4UN/status/1783012005278101534?t=8wPEpvw9cNzd8sRrdPVq-w&s=19

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
US investigates China's access to RISC-V — open standard instruction set may become new site of US-China chip war

US dept of commerce ( which has too many lawyers and no computer touchers or STEM in the leadership), continue trying to rent-seek everything they put their eyes on.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
How will China break into the computer room in Langley without access to the latest 586 RISC chips

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
risc-v ftw

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Truga posted:

risc-v ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, Risc V chips are recently getting more advanced, they went from small microcontrollers to fully usable CPUs.

Moreover, the "3.0" nm process that that TSMC was using in the Apple M3 isn't a full die shrink, and there is a reason the jump from M1 to M2 processors was a lot more substantial than the M2 to M3 (and a jump to m4 will likely be even more marginal) a lot of it is just they are reaching the end of the line of their current process, and it seems like a performance bottleneck is occurring.

If SMIC or another mainland manufactures can put together RISC-V as an instruction set with their current (or near future processes) they probably have probably could have a direct competitor to ARM/TSMC in a couple years.

x86/CISC is also dying out, which is why it is more or less being left behind because there isn't really a reason to devote serious capital into it compared to different RISC instruction sets.