Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

wait... 4 days? so in 2019, you had satuday off, then work on sunday and monday, then 5 days off in a row?

still better to have a bunch of days in a row i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

crepeface posted:

wait... 4 days? so in 2019, you had satuday off, then work on sunday and monday, then 5 days off in a row?

yeah

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

dead gay comedy forums posted:

what a powerful rec

and also incredibly powerful "name a more iconic duo/greatest album covers" vibes going on here

powerful album cover for a powerful opening podcast song

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

crepeface posted:

I think the idea is that a 1 day holiday isn't going to mean much unless people can go and see their families and 5 days in a row makes it much much more possible.

Personally I think they could actually expand holidays and provide more minimum vacation days etc. It supposedly is slowly getting better though.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Is there a recommended biography of Xi Jinping? Nothing too dense but also more substantial than a "Who Was" book. I'd like to get one for my son to read.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
our senile foreign affairs minister called australia's former foreign affairs minister a "chinese puppet" for criticising aukus and now he might be getting sued for defamation

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/515826/bob-carr-confirms-intention-to-launch-legal-action-against-winston-peters

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Josef bugman posted:

It'd be cool if the unleashing of productive forces meant more holidays for the workers.

Also showed my fiancee the picture of Mao and Zhou and she responded "twink" and "would" respectively.

Have you shown her young Lenin, young Stalin and young Fidel?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Young Wang Jinwei, yum yum.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

chiang kai shek when he still had hair looked pretty good
I remember showing a pic of him to my grandma who lived through the revolution in a history book when I was a kid and she went “that’s not him, he didn’t look that handsome”

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Orange Devil posted:

Oh young Stalin is already known, but I don't think any of us are ready for young Fidel Castro.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Lenin had yet to grow into his features imo. Some folks don't hit their peak attractiveness until they're older and that's cool too

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

our brainy bald boy

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'm spending my May Day vacation in Macau gambling all my hard earned money away ooh im up 800 hong kong dollars let er ride baby

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Mantis42 posted:

I'm spending my May Day vacation in Macau gambling all my hard earned money away ooh im up 800 hong kong dollars let er ride baby

im making cocktails at home for my wife and a couple of her cousins

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm also making cocktails for fart simpson's wife

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm also making cocktails for fart simpson's wife

thank you

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Heard from my colleague that a guy interviewed for a position on the team I'm on at work recently, was a perfect candidate with all the relevant skills for the role, until the closing section where he was asked why he was leaving his previous workplace, to which his response was "there are too many Chinese people there and I don't think they are very ethical". I guess he will have to stay among them a little longer now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cookie Cutter posted:

Heard from my colleague that a guy interviewed for a position on the team I'm on at work recently, was a perfect candidate with all the relevant skills for the role, until the closing section where he was asked why he was leaving his previous workplace, to which his response was "there are too many Chinese people there and I don't think they are very ethical". I guess he will have to stay among them a little longer now.

lol

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Cookie Cutter posted:

I do contract work for a European company sometimes. I was asking their African office I work with whether we should do work on [Chinese product that is very popular here]. They said yes but we gotta be discreet about it, because the CEO in Europe is "a sjw type" who refuses to work with Chinese products due to "human rights violations". But that he doesn't understand that "this is Africa. We're not gonna buy expensive European products if there's a cheaper Chinese equivalent."

So even though the European headquarters are doing their part to make things difficult for Chinese companies to enter the market, their own employees in Africa are secretly facilitating work with Chinese products to make their own jobs easier.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Lenin had yet to grow into his features imo. Some folks don't hit their peak attractiveness until they're older and that's cool too

he looks like an old baby

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

benjamin button lenin does not belong anywhere near young stalin. young lenin does not exist

retnuha
Dec 25, 2023

Alasyre posted:

Is there a recommended biography of Xi Jinping? Nothing too dense but also more substantial than a "Who Was" book. I'd like to get one for my son to read.

Not sure if I have a recommendation for one that's not particularly dense. But Xi Jinping: Political Career, Governance, and Leadership, 1953-2018 by Alfred L Chan is apparently a pretty good non Western perspective on the man and his life although I haven't read it myself as of yet.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Honky Mao posted:

he looks like an old baby

Wooly willy looking rear end

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

who would think that this very lovable dweeb would become the incarnate Red Dawn of Man?

Josef bugman posted:

Oh young Stalin is already known, but I don't think any of us are ready for young Fidel Castro.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

dead gay comedy forums posted:

who would think that this very lovable dweeb would become the incarnate Red Dawn of Man?

The spitting image

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The spitting image

:hmmyes:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

The spitting image

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The spitting image

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

The spitting image

What a failbastardson.

The Canadian Ramsay Snow.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

harris bomberguy what are you doing here

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
That's the George Costanza haircut.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

I produced surplus value for my boss.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cookie Cutter posted:

there was a guy in yospos who’s company was opening an office in shanghai and he was worried that the shanghai employees were going to steal all their ip

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

there was a guy in yospos who’s company was opening an office in shanghai and he was worried that the shanghai employees were going to steal all their ip

too late, they've already stolen all the ip

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

good

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

The spitting image

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

that's croup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Zodium posted:

that's croup
too much hair