Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

See, it's not regulatory capture if you put red stars on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finished a game as Miriam. Planet turned into a race between my armies and implacably rising seas to claim the remaining few isolated Spartan bases. The last remnants of humanity live in a demented mashup of Waterworld and A Handmaid's Tale.

Paradox needs to remake this game.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Typo posted:

launch solar shades bro

I tried but Morgan, Yang and Santiago kept voting no.

I do not regret my use of planet busters to cleanse the Morganite sodom.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Typo posted:

pressure domes?

MY bases were fine with the ever onrushing tide- Santiago and Yang's not so much.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Are there any people who're the exact reverse of Homework Explainer, like they're born in China but think capitalism is so cool they'll defend anything the U.S. does

There used to be a blog that translated weird stuff from the Chinese internet. They found a thread once that was a guy posting that since he couldn't get a wife he would be helping the Americans when they invaded.

There were other yankophile posts too from people who argued that everything in America was better than China. Some of these were hilariously wrong about things like America's high speed passenger rail network.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I've acknowledged that Chinese people can in fact be racist, but I did make a joke that Chinese Xenophobia is somewhat justifiable considering their history of foreign humiliation and colonization.

This was a good joke because Qing refusal to treat with foreigners on equal terms was the root cause of those humiliations.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Wow, blaming the victim.

So the Qing didn't have it coming? Nice double standard you've got there for an imperialist invader dynasty. Way to prove Rudatron's stupid point by your own logic :smug::smugbert::smugbird::smugdog::fsmug:

A real crime of the British was helping the Qing stifle internal reform and then preventing their overthrow. In that sense British imperialism created the need for a Great Leap Forward.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Horseshoe theory posted:

Didn't that lead to E/N being spammed with "Use LSD!" posts in response to inquiries from OPs about various issues?

E/N's mods told various OPs to do LSD about not being allowed close threads.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who here is hyped for Stellaris: Apocalypse?

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

rudatron posted:

does apocalypse turn stellaris into a good game

It is supposed to make the war mechanics more like EU4 in space if I've read the devlogs correctly and also you can blow up or slave-shield planets.

We're still probably two or three DLCs from Stellaris being "good" though.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crowsbeak posted:

I don't support killing.

I just support giving people a chance to think things over.

:thunk:

It drops in '49 when they developed their atom bomb.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Portuguese wrecked Mozambique in the colonial age so IT'S CHINA'S TURN NOW.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inescapable Duck posted:

China is basically the new Japan when it comes to foreign policy. pre-WW2 era Imperial Japan to be precise.

The Chinese are way closer to Imperial Germany and even that's a huge stretch.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ill take tankies who think Xi is cool or whatever over the Assadist ones any day though

🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁 Op

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

assad is genuinely worse than putin and yet there are a huge amount of tankies who unironically support him 100%

Counterpoint: All of the Lion of Damascus memes are really funny.

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alice: She-Wolf of the Bird's Nest

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

say what you will about china but its pretty fail that the state that invented landlord murder also brought back landlords

The French invented and rejected the revolutionary calendar. The British abolished and brought back their monarchy. Sometimes nations try things and then don't stick with them. Why must you hold China to such a uniquely high standard?

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Typo posted:

imagine if Scientology got taxed by the IRS

and then Scientology go to china and stages "American Broadway cultural show" in which NYC is destroyed by Xenu to punish USA government taxing Scientology

That would rule actually

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Would there be a market in China for a big-time Broadway show about how much America sucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did this thread ever talk about the latest episode of David Harvey's Anti-Capitalist Chronicles where he talks about the condition and history of the Chinese working class?

https://www.democracyatwork.info/acc

Can those of you who have experience in China comment on whether his take on the situation the is correct?