Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

R. Guyovich posted:

sa isn't blocked and i've said this multiple times to you specifically you miserable cretin

you wouldnt be a very effective admin if you couldnt see embeded tweets though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

never thought i'd say this but i think i preferred the concentration camp apologia itt if the alternative is SA mods flirting with each other

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

R. Guyovich posted:

that's funny and all but the guy is full of poo poo. nothing got "replaced"

https://twitter.com/CIAspy/status/1105126958785052672

putting the free CCP propaganda right next to the free Falun Gong propaganda is very “marketplace of ideas”

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Translation: “What to do if you are approached by an Internet forum moderator.”

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

:thunk:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

don't know if I'd be celebrating a poll showing china's leadership as exactly 3% more popular than the donald trump / mike pence dream team

https://twitter.com/XHNews/status/1108910984226193408

https://twitter.com/davidpaulk/status/1109066917459816449

BBC posted:

The death toll in a huge blast at a chemical plant in eastern China has jumped to 47, with 90 badly injured, according to state news agency Xinhua.

Many neighbouring factories inside the industrial park caught fire after the explosion.

China's earthquake administration reported a tremor equivalent to 2.2-magnitude at the time of the blast.

The death toll makes it one of the country's worst industrial accidents in recent years.

The blast happened at about 14:50 local time (06:50 GMT) on Thursday at a plant in Yancheng, run by Tianjiayi Chemical.

According to Xinhua, a total of 640 people were sent to hospital. Many were in critical condition and dozens had severe injuries, the agency reports.

Images of the site showed a fireball exploding, billowing clouds enveloping the area, injured people, and damage to buildings.

The blast was so powerful that it knocked down factory buildings some distance away, trapping workers, according to local media.

Staff at the Henglida Chemical Factory, 3km (1.8 miles) from the explosion, said its roof collapsed as they fled, and windows and doors were blown out.

Provincial authorities said firefighters had to be brought in from across the province.

The fire was brought under control at around 03:00 local time on Friday, state TV said.

One woman, who gave her surname as Xiang, said she had been concerned about safety and pollution levels at the plant for some time.

"We knew we'd be blown up one day," said told AFP.

Reuters quoted local officials as saying there had been no abnormalities detected at the site before the blast, but that the province would be conducting emergency inspections of other chemical producers and warehouses.

Industrial accidents ranging from factory fires to mining disasters are common in China, often due to poorly enforced safety standards.

The biggest accident in recent years was the August 2015 Tianjin explosion, which killed more than 160 people and injured nearly 1,000.

The exact cause of Thursday's explosion is still under investigation. Tianjiayi Chemical, founded in 2007, has received six government penalties in the past over waste management and air pollution, according to the South China Morning Post.

President Xi Jinping has called for an "all-out effort" to aid the injured and said authorities must learn lessons from the blast prevent future accidents.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

more like carl nah

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the vast cyberconspiracy against Friend of the War Nerd Pod carl zha, orchestrated by the shadowy hand of (((big uigher)))

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

quote:

BAN 03/26/19 08:12pm Fallen Hamprince Long overdue. You contribute nothing to these forums and it's a running joke how irritating and stupid you are. Everyone wants you to gently caress off, so, do. R. Guyovich R. Guyovich

touched a concentration-camp-shaped nerve i guess

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1125153268085211141

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Modest Mao posted:

I would wanna ask how many african americans are in jail, prison or parol really bad.

And if they say that there's no accounting done for that, ask why we know how many prisoners of a certain ethnicity are in a single province of china then

About 1 in 50 African Americans are in prison, compared to an estimated 1 in 10 for Uighers in China. Of course its hard to get an exact figure because the Chinese government doesn't publish numbers, although spokespeople have assured the public that the total number of people in re-education camps is an unspecified smaller number of millions than has been reported in the press.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think that when the State Department is the one that's bringing up the spectre of Uighur incarceration, the issue at hand is definitely geared towards using it as a rationalization for more attacks on China.

It seems to me that a good way to avoid this problem would be to not have concentration camps.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Mantis42 posted:

Sounds really nice, actually.

Goddamnit. Well, I'll leave that part out when I use this village for propaganda purposes.

Western incels are always talking about how great Spartan society was but only in China is it re-created, complete with a huge population of brutally exploited helots.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

I used to think the PRC had a poor record on human rights, but the endorsement by Saudi Arabia is really making me see things in a new light.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

🥾👅

Absolutely stunned that the “sensible moderate pro-PRC guy” started screaming about CIA infiltrators the moment unrest threatens to shave a percentage point of off 爸爸’s stock portfolio

Fallen Hamprince has issued a correction as of 20:52 on Aug 25, 2019

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/carlzha/status/1165639342301143040?s=21

The subtext here is that Carl knows there’s a good chance this ends with Beijing getting impatient and having the protesters machine gunned and that he’s gonna need to have justifications lined up if they do.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/chinadaily/status/1160559229452705792?s=21

video proof of the CIA’s deployment of crack airsoft special weapons teams to HK

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The text here is Fallen Hamprince is a terrible poster and should've been permabanned. Then he would understand 1984.

Fallen Hamprince has issued a correction as of 21:27 on Aug 25, 2019

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Bloodnose posted:

Except it's not true and they don't. The corporate oligarchy loves the mainland's system that multiplied their collective net worth several times over by opening up development opportunities in the Chinese market. The only rich person he can point to here is Jimmy Lai (the one whose newspapers published the "locusts" stuff), who is a super rich media baron. He's been hella banned on the mainland because his newspapers do sensationalist anti-CCP reporting and also have big titties in them. The Communist Party despises his Apple Daily so much, they pushed the big banks like HSBC and Standard Chartered, among other big companies that do business in the mainland, to stop advertising in publications he owns. He's still doing okay though since his papers are by far the most popular in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Nobody reads the Ta Kung Pao haha

But how else can you explain the general strike and hundreds of thousands of protesters on the streets, the signature weapons of the haute bourgeoise?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

some very normal law abiding citizens showing their patriotism last night

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

tino posted:

* Protesters dial up on violent in the "2nd half" and cut down 20? lampposts with cameras

Truly nothing is beyond these monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Bloodnose posted:

Now he falls down on the right binary side of this issue but he is a massive libertarian shithead who makes friends with Fox News so

he's glenn greenwald?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)