Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

corona familiar posted:

i'd honestly argue those are mutually exclusive. you can't reach car brain without the extensive car-focused infrastructure that prioritizes driver comfort, and that infrastructure destroys things that make mass transit viable

Chinese urbanism really does seem to try and mix all three, but I've never walked around a Chinese city so I really can't say how it works out. My guess: not well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Love to play Labyrinths & Loongs 4th Edition

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

i dont understand what the advantage of this is supposed to be if the cashier isnt even physically in the room wouldnt it be easier for the customer to just do self checkout instead

Building a mechanical turk self checkout where the item scanner is a hidden ipad with a filipino woman on a video call looking at all the barcodes

Leaving a phone on facetime in the company fridge (we have hired someone from the global south to monitor our lunches for theft)