Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
is there anything interesting in haikou or is it just hawaii but in china

if i wanted to go to hawaii i'd just go to hawaii and save a thousand bucks on flight cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
to minimise expression of ecnomomic inequality and social issues arising from such

in china they basically wear track suits

growing up I always thought the idea of a uniform was a nightmare that i was glad to never be subject to but i also always assumed that they'd be ill-fitting and expensive and miserable surrounded by a bunch of rules i had to follow, but if it was something like this i think i'd be fine with it

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

Tankbuster posted:

don't all large countries have a bunch of biomes?

australias only got like three i think

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
I mean if you live in a place or time without industrial sterilization of the water supply then it's a pretty drat good practice. If your grandparents grew up in china in like the 50s or something there's a good chance that you might poo poo your brains out and die of dehydration if you failed to make a strong habit of boiling all your drinking water.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

stephenthinkpad posted:

I know what "industrial capitalism" is, what is "financial capitalism"? Can you really do "finance" without controlling the world currency?

we're about to find out now in the era of dedollarization (probably not i bet)

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
i dont care about being chinese but i am kinda sad that im so bad at learning languages

it'd be nice to be able to go to a country with a future, i've got a good enough degree i could probably swing it if i could learn mandarin or whatever

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
I generally think that anyone who claims understanding or even tolerance of marx while rejecting lenin can be dismissed out of hand regarding anything important in the world and that article certainly makes me think I'm right to do so lol

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
when you block enough western propaganda on twitter you start seeing chinese propaganda and a lot of it is just videos of sexualized dancing and shows from taiwan and people saying it's gross and westerners have no respect for the basic dignity of women

I dunno how chinese culture wars shake out on this one but i didn't even know they had maid cafes in china

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
lmao does the trump thread just have nazis in it or something what in the world