Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Mandel Brotset posted:

checking in to see how the western press is doing these days:

lol ok then.

from the guardian https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/23/xi-jinping-seals-hong-kong-fate-as-failed-state

quote:

Hong Kong’s long goodbye is a cautionary tale for the modern age. A flawed but totemic success story crushed by outdated ideology, hyper-nationalism and the new emperor of Beijing.

I so nearly gave him credit for making some kind of ironic statement here about the flawed but totemic success story he lives in, crushed by an outdated ideology and hyper-nationalism. But then I checked who wrote it. London's long goodbye is a cautionary tale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Truga posted:

not gonna buy a vehicle named MAX
i will buy a bike named SU-27 tho, get on it xiaomi

BMAX