Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Vegetarian is so drat good. I haven't seen that edition, but it's beautiful and I like it more than my copy. Be sure to check out the BotM thread from a year ago after you read it, it was one of the best book threads of the year (in my opinion).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys

freelop posted:

Some sort of anti-book squad attempted to sabatage my gift!

Luckily everything is fine inside.

2 books I've not heard of before but I'm looking forward to getting into them next year.
Also delicious chocolate and a lovely postcard for my collection.

Thanks Military Cervex!

I'm glad it arrived, but it does sort of look like customs opened it or something!I think both the books are great, I hope you'll like them as much as I do. :)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

military cervix posted:

I'm glad it arrived, but it does sort of look like customs opened it or something!I think both the books are great, I hope you'll like them as much as I do. :)

The paper of the packaging was open but the bubble wrap lining wasn't opened.

Think I'm going to start my 2018 reading with The Vegetarian

nefarias bredd
May 4, 2013
I finally had time to sit down and open my presents from Freelop last night!

Really great choices! I'm really excited to dive into these, I've been meaning to pick up Spiders for ages.

The little bottle is butterscotch liqueur, which I'm really excited to try.

Thank you so much 😊

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Glad you like them :)
Spiders is fun. The butterscotch drink is a local one I'd never heard of but tried a sample and thought it was pretty good

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Pleiades posted:

OHHH!! This is a good one! Beautifully written.

You weren't kidding, I'm about halfway through it right now and the writing is pretty colorful. Not a huge amount of stuff has happened in the story yet, but there is a low grade tension that makes me feel like something is going to happen soon. I'm enjoying this book quite a bit!

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Check it out!

The Temple of the Golden Pavilion by Yukio Mishima and Inherent Vice by Pynchon! I've only read one of Mishima's books so I'm excited to be getting on with this one. Meanwhile, Pynchon is one of my favourite writers but I haven't read his newer novels yet, so another great choice. Oh, and that thing in the middle? A 3D-printed bust of Evangelion Unit 01! Thanks a bunch, Megabound, what great presents!

-

And that (almost) concludes our Secret Santa 2018! If you've got any comments, complaints, suggestions, or anything, please email or PM me. If you'd like to me to tell you when the next one starts, drop me a line and I'll store your email (and no other personal information).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Oh good lord I can't believe I'm only just now closing and unsticking this