Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006
I'm in because I finally started reading again after hard drive failure months ago.

Here is my Goodreads profile: https://www.goodreads.com/seraphic_sable

Fantasy and Science Fiction are the favored genres.

As you can see, R Scott Bakker is the most read author(for NOW) and I was utterly traumatized and am STILL angry over what happened to a certain someone in the Unholy Consult. Nersei Proyas and betrayal/death he went through. Ideally, I would like books that include characters similar to him.

I am not fond of audiobooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006
I sent my presents a few days. The giftee should now have most of them. One more will be arriving early December.

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006

Franchescanado posted:

Santaman came to town early!

Looks like a fun urban noir horror, a character driven literary novel, and a literary mystery! Can't wait to dig in. The Devil You Know seems like a fun book to read over the holidays.

Thanks to my Santa! Lots of love!

My Santee should expect theirs soon.

I'm glad you liked them. :) There's one more arriving shortly!

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006
I got a nice letter, three books, and a picture of a baby girl! Thank you, Santa!

https://imgur.com/a/Gh1Ok

(linked here because the pictures are massive on this MB).

I actually read Second Foundation and Foundation's Edge years ago. Probably not a good plan. I found the Second Foundation easier to read though, imo.

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006

quote:

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.

OHHH!! This is a good one! Beautifully written.