Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?
I'm in! I love books, and surprise books sounds awesome (as does getting to buy books for someone!). :toot:

I like books that have humour and that make me think. Favourite genres include sci-fi & fantasy, crime/thriller/mystery, historical (fiction/non-fiction), and economics/science books written for non-economists/non-scientists.

I would prefer paperbooks, or audiobooks (I haven't tried them yet but I was thinking recently I'd like to get into them). New or used is fine.

I have a Goodreads profile but don't want to widely share it so I will send it in my email. I've put almost all things I've read over the last few years on there (I just need to update it with recent books) so it should give you a pretty good idea of what I have read recently.

e: I should mention, I do have a Kindle so e-books are definitely an option if that works best.

Chocolate Milk fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?
Done! Parcels sent. :3:

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?
Woo! Hope you enjoy them. Two more Kiwi books are still on their way to you from the looks of it, I went a bit overboard out of general homesickness. :shobon:

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?
Woo! I'm glad they made it there safely, and hope you enjoy. :3:

I got the 'you weren't home' card from Royal Mail about a week ago and thought it was something else (something boring) so had been lazy about going to pick it up from the depot. Ventured out in the rain this morning and was very chuffed to be handed two exciting parcels from Santa (a.k.a. nefarias bredd!). :dance:

Parcel 1:

Not the End of the World by Kate Atkinson, Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta and Hogfather by Terry Pratchett, plus bonus Death-as-Hogfather mug, Yorkshire tea, shortbread bites and chocolate coins.

Parcel 2:

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks and the Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco, plus a lovely card from Santa and a Granny Weatherwax style bookmark.

Absolutely made my day, can't wait to get into these fantastic-looking books, and I love all the little extras. Thank you so much nefarias bredd! :)

Also, Molly says thanks for the boxes: