Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm in again! Last year was a blast and I've been working my way through the gigantic stack of books Safety Biscuits sent me since

I'm open to most things that aren't space-opera sci-fi or tolkenesque fantasy. Favorite books I've read this year have been A Canticle for Leibowitz, Spring Snow and No Longer Human. I enjoy strong religious undertones, discussion and allegory but by no means let that bind you.

I've just cleaned up my Goodreads, so I don't own anything on my to-read list, if you get stuck feel free to choose from here but I'd prefer something I don't know about : https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/55287574-caleb-brian?shelf=to-read

The one book on my list you shouldn't get me is Under Satan's Sun, as my wife is trying to track down a copy for me herself.

I also have a kindle, and a digital book would be fine, but not preferred. Happy to receive pre-loved books as well, and books from any era.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

USMC_Karl posted:

As a secondary question, one of my idea books comes in paperback and electronic format which are <$10, but the hardback starts at something crazy like $400. If I were to, say, buy two or three books for whomever I'm buying a gift for, would that be kosher? As long as the price is at/near $25, that is.

Take a look at what people got in the last thread. If it's in the budget and a book, or books, it's fine. Last year I got 20 slim volumes from a penguin collection and it was perfect.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My present just got delivered, thanks, Santa!

These all look great, and I'm looking forward to getting into that Vonnegut especially!

My gift will be going out this week. Waiting for them to be delivered to my place. Promise they'll arrive before Christmas!