Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nefarias bredd
May 4, 2013
I did this last year and am definitely up for it again! I'm only a (very very) sporadic poster here but I love books/reading. I keep a wishlist on Goodreads (shelves to-read and follow-up-reading) and I'll honestly read pretty much anything:

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1851882-suzie

I use LibraryThing to catalogue stuff I own or have read:
https://www.librarything.com/profile/thebookmagpie

So if it's on LT, I've got it.

Books I've really liked this last year: The Power, Neapolitan Novels, The Thing Around Your Neck, Not the End of the World, The Vegetarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nefarias bredd
May 4, 2013
That's mine in the post! It's in two parts because insanely that was cheaper than if I put it all in the one box :confused:

nefarias bredd
May 4, 2013
To my Secret Santa person - I'm pretty sure your package has turned up at my house but I've not had a chance to open it as I've hardly been home this week. I finish up work next week so will definitely have time to open then 😊

nefarias bredd
May 4, 2013

Chocolate Milk posted:

Woo! I'm glad they made it there safely, and hope you enjoy. :3:

I got the 'you weren't home' card from Royal Mail about a week ago and thought it was something else (something boring) so had been lazy about going to pick it up from the depot. Ventured out in the rain this morning and was very chuffed to be handed two exciting parcels from Santa (a.k.a. nefarias bredd!). :dance:

Parcel 1:

Not the End of the World by Kate Atkinson, Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta and Hogfather by Terry Pratchett, plus bonus Death-as-Hogfather mug, Yorkshire tea, shortbread bites and chocolate coins.

Parcel 2:

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks and the Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco, plus a lovely card from Santa and a Granny Weatherwax style bookmark.

Absolutely made my day, can't wait to get into these fantastic-looking books, and I love all the little extras. Thank you so much nefarias bredd! :)

Also, Molly says thanks for the boxes:

I'm so glad you like it! I had tons of fun picking out books, hardest part was narrowing it down! I hope you enjoy them all. They're all ones I've loved over the past year or two.

Also your cat is absolutely adorable. Glad she appreciated the box 😊

Also to my Santa - life should hopefully calm down by the end of the week and I'll be able to actually spend some time at home that doesn't involve sleeping. Thanks for being a patient sort 😊

nefarias bredd
May 4, 2013
I finally had time to sit down and open my presents from Freelop last night!

Really great choices! I'm really excited to dive into these, I've been meaning to pick up Spiders for ages.

The little bottle is butterscotch liqueur, which I'm really excited to try.

Thank you so much 😊