Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I too had fun with this last year and am in again.

I will get my Goodreads edited to remove books from my "want to read" list I already own.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/61729436?shelf=read

Edit: I'm a little behind on current SciFi and am just getting into horror. History is a good bet too. Love literature. Do not buy me science related nonfiction please and thank you.

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Speaking for myself, I have a few decades of books never logged on Goodreads that I suppose I could spend an hour going over my shelves and get into the database, but were you to get me something I had already read, it is likely so long ago it would be a good prompt to read it again!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Message received sir :patriot:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gifts now purchased and will be posted tomorrow :patriot:
edit: and sent!

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 4, 2017

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Mike Carey is awesome and brought Constantine back to his roots in a really compelling way. He also was good enough to post with us on a fan forum during his run. Now I want to read that book

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

:neckbeard:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

TheBoat posted:

(Image is wayyyyyyyyy too big)

But I got The left hand of darnkess and the dispossessed by Ursula K. Le guin. Starfire by Charles Sheffield and a Canticle for Leibowitz By walter Miller Jr.
Santa came through! I am so excited. I have heard positive thing about Ursula K. Le Guin the other 2 sound amazing as well. Thanks BillRubin! Merry Christmas everyone. Now just to lurk and hope my Giftee enjoys there's...

:neckbeard:

As someone fairly new to sci fi you needed a few of the classics. The Sheffield is a tragically underappreciated hard sci-fi writer (a former physicist) who can also write characters. :rip:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I have learned that UPS delivered a thing from a place further south than I might have expected. Counting the minutes until I can Fred Flintstone down my dinosaur's back!

edit:

Franchescanado you really outdid yourself! As I had said upthread I was getting into horror and this is an amazing collection of classics and to be classics--none of which I have ever read. In fact, I think I have only read a handful of King--one was the Gunslinger, which is its own thing. Only Gaimen I have read were guest spots he wrote on Hellblazer, which I really liked, so I'm not sure why I've never read one of his books. He's even a friend of a friend so vOv And Clive Barker I have known of since high school (a loooooong time ago), when I was in a gaming group with RPG developer (and D&D artist) Jeff Dee, and in a campaign of the 007 game I ran he picked Clive Barker as his name literally off a shelf behind him. I had a custom drawn character marker by the name for years since but it seems I finally got rid of it.

These are all outstanding and great (collector's card/bookmark included), and the Pez was inspired. Last year my wife got a pez dispenser for me when I admitted to never having had one before. :neckbeard:

Merry Christmas!

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Cool, will go card hunting in a bit.

You were well matched with me; thanks Safety Biscuit!