Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
I'm in! Mainly fantasy, sci-fi and manga. I do not have a goodreads account but will edit when I get one setup. I am currently reading game of thrones and just recently finished The fifth season by N.K Jemsin and really enjoyed it. Only started seriously reading as a hobby recently. I have a kindle fire but would prefer to not receive audio books as is not my forte just yet. Paper(new or used) and e books are fine. Overall if you've read something sci-fi or fantasy and thought it was a good story it will probably be a good choice for me. If any further questions feel free to ask mod and we can correspond. Merry santa-mas exchange thing!

Also would prefer no religion. TIA.

As you can tell from my Goodreads account: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/73215930-jeffrey-cruz?shelf=to-read, I haven't read very many books. Any good books I do not know about are completely on the table(More to the point sci-fi and fantasy)

Edit: Words and link

TheBoat fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

CestMoi posted:

I'm doing this specifically so the inordinate amount of books I download and never read is in some way justified

How do I jump in on this stocking--filler-train?

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
I will be sending my Santa's gifts tomorrow!

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
Just sent the gifts out! My Santa should expect them by Thursday.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
My gifts have arrived at home my wife decided to send me picture, and I am beyond excited to see what I got. Will update later

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
(Image is wayyyyyyyyy too big)

But I got The left hand of darnkess and the dispossessed by Ursula K. Le guin. Starfire by Charles Sheffield and a Canticle for Leibowitz By walter Miller Jr.
Santa came through! I am so excited. I have heard positive thing about Ursula K. Le Guin the other 2 sound amazing as well. Thanks BillRubin! Merry Christmas everyone. Now just to lurk and hope my Giftee enjoys there's...

TheBoat fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

TheManFromFOXHOUND posted:

Books came!

https://imgur.com/a/CA5j1

Thanks TheBoat! I love all these, especially the giant size Nietzsche! Where did you even find those?

Amazon's finest has them. When I opened them I was shocked at the size aha. I wanted to get "The Gay Science" with them too but it was not in the same format.