Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I am in! I did this a few years ago and got some great books. Then I signed up the following year and it didn't happen, unfortunately.

THIS is my Goodreads profile, with books I've read or want to read. I don't necessarily want anything from my "to read" however, and am willing to try new things.

I enjoy fantasy books, although they've been boring lately. New or weird settings would be cool, like the Master Li books. Random books I've enjoyed recently were Perfume by Patrick Suskind, The Color Purple by Alice Walker, and Human Acts by Han Kang. I also loved East of Eden when I read it last year.

Overall, I will read anything. These days I find myself preferring shorter books (under 500 pages) but I'm interested to see what Santa has in store for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Sent my package, and some e-books as well! Christmas is coming!!!

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
And moments after posting that, I got a call from the post office! Santa came!

Pretty wrapping paper and a card! I am sorry to my giftee now, as there was no wrapping at all. drat.

The awesome 3D card!

The books!

They both sound awesome, thanks so much Santa! I have a friend in Kaohsiung and have been down there a few times and love it, so I’m super excited to read the Taiwanese book. The essays also sound really interesting! I need to finish my current book ASAP and crack into these. Thanks so much SafetyBiscuits!!!

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

USMC_Karl posted:

Santa came early this year! I got to my in-laws' place to find a hardback English book and was confused for a bit (my in-laws are Korean and don't read a lick of English). Then, my mother-in-law explained that it was mine! So, hey, Santa, thanks!

Really the perfect gift because, while it's a book that sounded really interesting, it is a book that I'd never buy for myself. So, really and truly thanks!

Since my mother-in-law threw the box away before I got a chance to see who sent it, I can't thank you by name. Still, she told me you live in Daegu, so hey, if you ever make it up to Seoul let's hang out!

Glad it got there safely! There should be some more coming electronically today or tomorrow, whenever Amazon gets their stuff together!