Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

everybody who keeps up with the trends knows that the focus, especially for the youth, has shifted to opposite eve, or opposit'een. kids going from house to house handing out candy. pranks like washing people's windows, delivering packaged toilet paper, putting poop in a paper bag, ringing the doorbell, and when it's answered going "I hope you don't mind if we take the liberty of adding some manure to your compost pile, although it might smell slightly it is an excellent source of nitrogen and phosphorous and to be quite honest your rosebushes are looking a little peaked"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

on opposite day, irony is neither clever nor funny. everybody takes pains to be incredibly clear that they are saying the opposite of what they mean. capitalizing on the ambiguity of the situation for humorous purposes is deeply frowned upon. "we really appreciate your ironic jokes," people will say angrily to an offender, accompanied by a gesture such as wagging a finger, shaking a fist, or giving a thumbs-down.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

The Jews don't even celebrate Opposite Day. Instead they have Maybekkah, the Eight Crazy Days of Ambiguity. Then they get all offended when I put a Notsurah in my window on Opposite Day. So now I'm supposed to respect their traditions but they won't respect mine?

don't even get me started on flip-a-koinzaa. yeah sure a celebration of random chance sounds cool, but it's really hard to prepare for a holiday you don't even know is coming until the dice come up the right way that morning

Manifisto

cda posted:

Yeah. If you want us to respect Maybekkah, don't just answer "Next Saturday, perhaps?" when we ask you when it is.

frankly I'm not sure they even want our respect

I mean, I asked, and the rabbi said "yes, absolutely," but he had kind of a tone in his voice

Manifisto

Nosfereefer posted:

frankly, im kind of relieved by the vulgarisation of opposite day - i remember how distressing it was to get drunk by my own coffee or doing that weird special-relativistic time/space bending thing to not travel to negative-work. im just trying to say the constant lingual paradoxes messed up my day, and im happy now even if it means i have to view chickens blindly navigate kfc order interfaces, while the franchise is attempting on selling those morally questionable human nuggets

agreed, although the cows do not seem entirely pleased to have milk squirted into their udders

Manifisto

I dunno, I kind of like how on opposite day, amazon transforms into a single huge brick-and-mortar store where you have to locate everything with the assistance of human beings.

opposite day twitter is kind of annoying however, I just want to retweet cute cat pictures not write thoroughly fact-checked and footnoted essays that both contextualize and radically deconstruct the images

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

albany academy posted:

CEO: "OK volunteers, it's not that time of year again. What are we not gonna do to not earn less money this year?"

Board members: *confused mumbling*

bill: "I uh, didn't have a... Bad idea? I th- I mean I don't think. What if we didn't have talking cards?"

CEO: "..."

Bill: " ... Silent cards! I meant silent cards!"

CEO: "That's a really loving stupid idea bill."

Bill: "... No thanks?"

CEO "What did you just say? Goddamnit Bill, I've had enough of this poo poo, you're hired."

lol

ty nesamdoom!

• Locked thread