Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lid posted:

see people were complaining that he started giving seven stars but he actually changed the scale from 5 stars to minus five to 0 stars to 7 stars... or more likely one to seven given theres no way that Uso match was positive.

The scale has always been out of 100. Dave just loving hates wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I'm baffled at the Cody match being rated so high.

Like...what spectacle. Nobody went through a glass table or something special in that vein. They started with a collar and elbow tie up and it's suppose to be a blood feud match apparently too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It absolutely sucked

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dave Meltzer is allowed to have opinions. That's half his job.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Miching Mallecho posted:

I'm baffled at the Cody match being rated so high.

Like...what spectacle. Nobody went through a glass table or something special in that vein. They started with a collar and elbow tie up and it's suppose to be a blood feud match apparently too.

I'm not commenting on the match because lol watching Wrestlemania, but you can absolutely start a blood feud blow-off with a collar and elbow tie up. It just has to be a lockup with force, rather than going through the motions because this is how you start a match.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

forkboy84 posted:

I'm not commenting on the match because lol watching Wrestlemania, but you can absolutely start a blood feud blow-off with a collar and elbow tie up. It just has to be a lockup with force, rather than going through the motions because this is how you start a match.

Cody and Roman starting with a collar and elbow doesn't bug me that much, but Cody and Rock starting that way felt really stupid. Although this does raise questions on why Cody was in a personal blood feud with the Rock and not Roman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:golfclap:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

illcendiary posted:

Needs Alvarez holding a vacation mic to his face in the backseat

alvarez is at the glove store ranting about how they gave him the wrong size gloves

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Cody and Roman starting with a collar and elbow doesn't bug me that much, but Cody and Rock starting that way felt really stupid. Although this does raise questions on why Cody was in a personal blood feud with the Rock and not Roman.

It does feel a little like they ran the angle that's supposed to be for the Rock/Cody title match like 6 months to a year early.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

two out of shape jabronis slowly kicking eachother in the face for 10 mins and doing really bad acting
every disagreement in PSP

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

me and you arguing over who is cooler (I'm saying you)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

no deadlock walking to work, no deadlock walking home. Johhny i have the Most hosed Patreon name loaded up dont make me use it!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Suplex Liberace posted:

no deadlock walking to work, no deadlock walking home. Johhny i have the Most hosed Patreon name loaded up dont make me use it!

They just won't read it :(

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Suplex Liberace posted:

They said it's gonna be a Super Tuesday episode. I think they should cuts the fuckings cameras

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

El Generico posted:

They just won't read it :(

I dunno the only one of mine they never read was "Six minutes of a turkey glitching in front of the MCMG TNA tron" which wasn't really hosed but it was all I had for a thanksgiving name that wasn't Gobbeldy Gooker related.

doos posted:

They said it's gonna be a Super Tuesday episode. I think they should cuts the fuckings cameras

When Johnny read out the question about this, I was expecting to hear Pickles asking Skwisgaar if he'd written out the performance review questions.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Dave Meltzer hasn’t done his taxes yet

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

a dumb moron posted:

I got woozy when I was leaving for work when Dave said that lol.

Also the new DEADLOCK is up.

The Boys posted:

YOU ARE INVITED TO THE WEDDING OF KRISTAL MARSHALL AND TEODORE RUFUS LONG! That’s right, it’s the infamous 2007 wedding of Teddy Long! Hilarity ensues as Hornswoggle causes mayhem, The Godfather brings hoes, and Teddy Long has a heart attack! Also, Batista is the brand new World Heavyweight Champion and is getting ready for The Punjabi Prison match against The Great Khali at No Mercy! Matt Hardy and MVP are strange bedfellows as they try to co-exist as Tag Team Champions. Plus, Rey Mysterio has his first interview since returning from injury!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
tony's tooth hurty joke finally paid off lmfao

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
ufc 300 coverage was longer than the mania night 1 main event

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a dumb moron posted:

Me either, I get until the 17th and I'm taking until the 17th.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That's the episode that aired the week before I started watching wrestling because I remember the video package that opened the Smackdown I watched. I had no idea what I was seeing. This should be fun.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

GRAVE HELLZTER. read this on halloween

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Incessant Excess posted:

ufc 300 coverage was longer than the mania night 1 main event

Probably because that Ryan guy doesn't want know how start or end a sentence

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
New Trish and Sarah Wrestling Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEsGTtZB6BU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I did NOT need to be reminded of finlaydick.jpg :gonk:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

dsriggs posted:

I did NOT need to be reminded of finlaydick.jpg :gonk:

I'm sure T-Mobile was happy that Tony paused the pod during the hooting and hollering about his dick to give me four identical T-Mobile

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I'm unfamiliar with the Lore of Fit Finlay's dick. Maybe it's for the best

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Grooms women had me laughing

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The long-cut cameras following wrestlers around in wwe is neat and all but Alvarez marks out insanely hard for them. It’s not actually that hard to follow one guy walking around.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

0konner posted:

The long-cut cameras following wrestlers around in wwe is neat and all but Alvarez marks out insanely hard for them. It’s not actually that hard to follow one guy walking around.

oh no not again

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I wonder if fed stans ,and Alvarez,understand that a live production of anything has cameras and camera operators move and rolling all the time and all it takes is not saying "cut to *camera #*" for a minute or however long and it's not difficult at all for a simple "follow wrestler in a straight line for a minute"

If anything, when dalton makes his entrance and does the 360 with the camera operator, now that's actually difficult because of the movement and timing on both sides.

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 18, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Look, why don’t they just film all wrestling shows from the wrestler’s iPhones, and just have a live feed on YouTube

All this production speak is silly, who needs expensive cameras

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The boys aren't Yano fans?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

0konner posted:

It’s not actually that hard to follow one guy walking around.

Miching Mallecho posted:

it's not difficult at all for a simple "follow wrestler in a straight line for a minute"

yes it is.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
we already went through this. it’s simple as. end of.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm actually going to go the opposite way. It's impossible to carry a camera. Never been done, can't be done.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

D&B arguing over whether or not Deanna Purazzo has any heat was the most heated i've heard them in ages, so funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Well, does she?