Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Deadlock is going back to the basics: bad wcw

quote:

We are back with good old WCW Thunder, this year in 1999! Glacier is sick of his character and is looking to sell his gimmick. Backstage he’s talking to The Cat and Sonny Onoo and auctioning off parts of his wrestling character. From his entrance to his attire he sells it all, even his EYE! Also, we get a bunch of matches in the WCW Tag Team Tournament! Plus, Raven acts like a spoiled rich kid and takes Kanyon shopping and clubbing with his family’s money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol this thunder was picked specifically to drive jawwny insane

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
vow have uploaded the segment that goes into how wwe pr operates and how aew pr doesnt on their youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUdSgsL5PU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Incessant Excess posted:

vow have uploaded the segment that goes into how wwe pr operates and how aew pr doesnt on their youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUdSgsL5PU

I feel like looking at the YouTube comments of that is going to be like when they opened the ark in raiders of the lost ark

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
on going to London:

"I hope it's not so rough this year."

"I hope I don't get COVID this time."

"I just hope Terry Funk doesn't die again."

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol this thunder was picked specifically to drive jawwny insane
which I am super down for. I think these Raven skits with Kanyon and Sandman are loving hilarious. But my first exposure to ECW was finding it by accident after they started airing on TNN. So I was never bought into the lore about Raven. I didn't see all that stuff until years later thanks to pwtorrents.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I got the impression the whole like, Rich Kid Raven thing was one of those things you see happen in wrestling where someone got over doing one thing so now let's strip all that away and see if they can do it again with a completely different gimmick....except I don't know if there was ever any idea of where it'd go other other than being another dumb comedy skit on the show that already full of them

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Where's my UFC 4 SGH? :mad:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

I got the impression the whole like, Rich Kid Raven thing was one of those things you see happen in wrestling where someone got over doing one thing so now let's strip all that away and see if they can do it again with a completely different gimmick....except I don't know if there was ever any idea of where it'd go other other than being another dumb comedy skit on the show that already full of them

I mean, he'd also already done that gimmick in WWF as Johnny Polo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rotinaj posted:

I feel like looking at the YouTube comments of that is going to be like when they opened the ark in raiders of the lost ark

I got a short in my feed whining about the finish to the Toni Storm match last night because apparently vaginas are impervious to pain. And every comment was just the absolute most braindead, never-even-spoken-to-a-person-with-a-vag bullshit with a dollop of transphobia for good measure.

I can't imagine what this is gonna look like.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And has zero comments so far

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Thank you to 1998 Dave "the Observer" Meltzer for bringing attention to gynecomastia or as he likes to call it "bitch tits syndrome"

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Thank you to 1998 Dave "the Observer" Meltzer for bringing attention to gynecomastia or as he likes to call it "bitch tits syndrome"

i heard that rumor as a child but it was to have his nips put back on. Steroids makes them fall off

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

projecthalaxy posted:

That's not what he likes to call it, that's just what other people call it. He's just reporting the facts.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It was even in fight club it’s very obviously not a daveism

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Its just uhh, you know, *shuffles papers*, a funny thing to imagine him adding offhand

Especially because Bryan would immediately yell it back at him in the bryan voice.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Trish of the Trish and Sarah Wrestling Podcast linked to this extra analysis of the wrestling media/PR landscape and I think it's pretty good
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1782031880646271097.html

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

I got a short in my feed whining about the finish to the Toni Storm match last night because apparently vaginas are impervious to pain. And every comment was just the absolute most braindead, never-even-spoken-to-a-person-with-a-vag bullshit with a dollop of transphobia for good measure.

I can't imagine what this is gonna look like.

Uh I am positive that noted documentary series “king of the hill” showed that being kicked in the vag is just fine

Toni storm disagrees with Hank hill on a great many things, including gigantic asses

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"I just hope Terry Funk doesn't die again" lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

So I'm finally listening to the Trish and Sarah Podcast that was linked regarding Punk and my immediate thoughts are that these two are so good at this in ways 99% of wrestling podcasters just aren't, and that there was so much to the Punk situation (like losing the ESPN coverage?! Holy poo poo) that I had no idea about. It's a great listen. This is an easy sub. There's so much knowledge and clear professionalism and research that is coming out in what they're saying. It's refreshing.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

So I'm finally listening to the Trish and Sarah Podcast that was linked regarding Punk and my immediate thoughts are that these two are so good at this in ways 99% of wrestling podcasters just aren't, and that there was so much to the Punk situation (like losing the ESPN coverage?! Holy poo poo) that I had no idea about. It's a great listen. This is an easy sub. There's so much knowledge and clear professionalism and research that is coming out in what they're saying. It's refreshing.

:hai:

And when they mentioned the collision announcement poster and that whole day being a poo poo show,I went "oh yeah, He was a giant baby that day too"

I had completely forgotten about the collision announcement debacle.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Erin can you post the link please, I'd like to listen to that. I've subscribed to them but want to start with this

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Shard posted:

Erin can you post the link please, I'd like to listen to that. I've subscribed to them but want to start with this

https://pca.st/episode/f41d7067-ecaa-43f4-a75a-161bd5084838

:hai:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

UFC 4 SGH is up on the Deadlock patreon :f5:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao they finally put locks on the door after at least 2 cage outs in ufc 3

e: oh god the first fight is royce against a retiree

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 23, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I am in full agreement and absolutely do not envy these two their inbox

I am sure that the worst dudes on the internet have just been dumping pure id into whatever email address or twitter handle they can find, because Trish and Sarah said all sorts of things that fragile men do not like hearing women say

And they are absolutely correct, lol

Also, James melting down on deadlock over Mike enos and Bobby duncum jr is sending me because they were my boys when I was a kid

Kenny Kaos too

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao joe son gassed himself heading out doing kimura's cross gimmick

e2: james as the joe son/hackney fight begins "you can literally do anything, i'd run up and low blow the poo poo out of somebody"

e3: joe son tapped to being pantsed lmao

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 23, 2024

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The rich kid Raven skits were so stupid/funny/out of nowhere that they helped him get over as a babyface tagging with Kanyon, then Saturn. I have no idea what their actual goal was.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

For the deadlock patreon videos do they show footage of what they're discussing or is it like the regular podcasts where they are reacting to stuff you can't see?

Just curious, been interested in watching their react videos and the deadlock sync versions are so good

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orange Carlisle posted:

For the deadlock patreon videos do they show footage of what they're discussing or is it like the regular podcasts where they are reacting to stuff you can't see?

Just curious, been interested in watching their react videos and the deadlock sync versions are so good

It's all got the videos included, nothing you have to manually sync up with video from elsewhere or anything like that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

explosivo posted:

It's all got the videos included, nothing you have to manually sync up with video from elsewhere or anything like that.

perfect, thank you

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

The rich kid Raven skits were so stupid/funny/out of nowhere that they helped him get over as a babyface tagging with Kanyon, then Saturn. I have no idea what their actual goal was.

Johnny actually hating them was very funny

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol is the last 20 minutes of this just severn slowly smothering gracie

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Welcome to the era of UFC being serious enough that the big names often are mind-numbingly conservative, more motivated by not losing than by winning. UFC 9 baby! Fortunately that crosses over with the rise of a fat wild brawler called Tank

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GODDAMNIT gently caress YOU ROYCE

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I BLAME AL SNOW FOR THIS

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

"He pulled his rear end out and beat his balls to poo poo"

I am so glad they weren't spoiled on that god drat

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

GODDAMNIT gently caress YOU ROYCE

:allears:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
man, sometimes deadlock bits that wind up being people's favorites are a total whiff for me, and then sometimes some completely random poo poo will just absolutely destroy me. today, it was the mental image of raven and kanyon driving a car out of a second story garage door directly into the ground, dying. i am laughing typing this, help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"I just hope Terry Funk doesn't die again" lol

Funk is 100% the type of worker that would do a death against to draw a gate