Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

If AEW is missing one thing it's a 2008-era Smackdown opening video package recapping the PPV set to slowdown and dramatic music and I'm not joking

Agreed with this. Get Tony (rip) to open up the wallet for a cool licensed song and get Tigerstyle to cut something together and throw it at the top of a post-ppv Dynamite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
(Bryan Alvarez voice) SHADDD KHAN!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Listened to B&V for the first time in a while. Seems like aew booking is still too subtle for Bryan to understand

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
beach balls are filled with breath

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I noticed when NXT showed some guys but didn't introduce their names Bryan was just like "yeah whatever" but he went on a 20 min tirade about Mina Shirakawa. Guess we know who butters his bread 🙄

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Listened to B&V for the first time in a while. Seems like aew booking is still too subtle for Bryan to understand

AEW doesn't seem particularly subtle to me. What parts are going over his head?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Shard posted:

Why didn't they explain why Ospreay didn't do the tiger driver???? (Ospreay explains why he didn't do the tiger driver in a later segment)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

It's not that it's going over his head, it's that AEW doesn't follow up on PPV events and something that happened on the scrum.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Why didn't they explain why Ospreay didn't do the tiger driver???? (Ospreay explains why he didn't do the tiger driver in a later segment)

And Excalibur explained it on commentary too at the moment, but Bryan got mad because he said “remember” and this would apparently make the people who didn’t watch the presser feel left out and not part of “the club” for some reason? There was a bunch of other odd criticism like Bryan saying they never recap, then immediately saying that recapped during this show. The Mina shirakawa stuff somehow being to subtle for him.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Lone Goat posted:

Ospreay explained in the promo to Don and Don said "I don't care, break their necks" to set up the Callis feud

Like, it was all set up in the ring and in the promos after the gauntlet match

Does Alvarez need EX to do "earlier today Will Ospreay told me that he feels really bad for using the storm driver and I quote "Bruv, I ain't doing that move ever again"
:psyduck:

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 26, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sometimes having to analyse every single show is bad for you. makes you prone to picking things apart.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is this just one of those things where someone missed something, and now are getting mad about being called out on it rather than accept that they were wrong, so they triple down until it becomes a big dumb argument that has no real goal

Because I think that happens pretty regularly with bralvarez

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thought you were talking about bad faith posters in here taking things out of context as per

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

rotinaj posted:

Is this just one of those things where someone missed something, and now are getting mad about being called out on it rather than accept that they were wrong, so they triple down until it becomes a big dumb argument that has no real goal

Because I think that happens pretty regularly with bralvarez

Bryan saw and discussed the later explanation segment, that's the wildest part of all this.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

They also not super subtly suggested the reason for no Orange (and potentially other people) was that Punk was trying to cater to a very specific demographic (Jim Cornette and his followers) who did in fact praise Collision as "not feeling like AEW at all, it felt like an actual wrestling show" and lord knows those people fuckin' hate Orange Cassidy.

their research and analysis of wrestling rules and I’m glad to have a pod that’s just women discussing wrestling to fill the void after Wrestlesplania went to poo poo.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

EDit: wrong thread :shobon: sorry

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 26, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

unsafe worker?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The Mina/Mariah thing was particularly funny because he acted like since Mina was gone for a week he assumed the angle had been dropped. "Where's the follow-up after two weeks ago??!" Uhm, it's right here.

The Osprey thing was dumb too because Excalibur literally said when he went for the Tiger Driver and stopped that Osprey "had said he wasn't going to do the move again after what happened to Danielson" and Bryan goes "if you didn't watch the press conference, how would you know he said that?" I dunno Bryan, maybe because Excalibur just told you he said that at some point after the Osprey match. And even if Excalibur hadn't said that, maybe you could assume based on the result of the Danielson match that was second guessing using it. It's not a loving complicated story that requires the viewer to have some in depth knowledge of prowrestling.

Could they do a better job of building these things up, absolutely, but Bryan is disengaged with 80% of the reviews he does that aren't NXT.

He literally doesn't understand the Jericho character problem either. Many people are bored with Jericho, and some people don't want to see him because of the Kylie Rae accusation, but it's hilarious that Bryan is worried Jericho is going to be "too good" as a heel and accidentally become a face.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

thought you were talking about bad faith posters in here taking things out of context as per

lol, no, I am too often the dumbfuck who has been mistaken and is too salty to accept being wrong

I just recognize that sort of thing

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bryan definitely has a lot in common with the posters who don't watch but have a very strong opinion about what's wrong, yeah

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
the worstr bryan take is confusing fans cheering = people not being a heel because it leads to him saying that The Scapegoat Jack Perry should've been a face. He needs to learn what Love to Hate means.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Keep thinking about that quote about how American wrestling audiences need the shows written at a 3rd Grade Level or they won't get it and it keeps getting proven true

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Hell he also said turning Okada heel was a bad decision

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"HE'S IN SPECIAL K! HE SMOKES CRACK!!" I'm dying laughing at this indy-riffic Watch This

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
Bryan Alvarez is kinda stupid

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dshban posted:

He's the smartest kind of stupid.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

dshban posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

He's the smartest kind of stupid.

Rare footage of Bryan Alvarez being asked the secret of his success:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BeOQfCXPtU&t=2s

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dshban posted:

he's making money hand over fist doing the easiest job alive (podcaster), and he doesn't even put effort into it. Sounds pretty smart to me tbh...

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
lugging suitcases full of audio equipment to canon beach every other month is far from easy

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Ok not a podcast per se but I’m watching the Harley Race episode of Dark Side of the Ring and all these stories are complete bullshit, right?

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Lid posted:

the worstr bryan take is confusing fans cheering = people not being a heel because it leads to him saying that The Scapegoat Jack Perry should've been a face. He needs to learn what Love to Hate means.

He was the flag bearer for pointing out how dumb it was that AEW didn't turn MJF fully face right away. That along with Revolution's title match booking being confusing, with Joe as the monster heel, Hangman as the budding heel, and Swerve as a tweener. The fans love all three, but it's not good because there's no babyface. Swerve wasn't, because he'd seen Swerve as a babyface, and this wasn't Swerve as a babyface.

His AEW recaps have been unbearable for a long while now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

a dumb moron posted:

Ok not a podcast per se but I’m watching the Harley Race episode of Dark Side of the Ring and all these stories are complete bullshit, right?

Well, he did confront Hogan with a gun but apparently the latter incident was a set up by Vince after Harley knew they'd be working together.

That the only person who talks about it is Hogan seems to suggest that Harley setting the ring on fire was bullshit.

The most likely story seems to be Harley got drunk and came in to confront Vince when they came to Kansas but they got Vince out of there. Apparently, Harley was armed(whether intentionally of just a 2nd amendment kind of deal is up for debate). After Harley had decided to join the WWF, then they turned this into an angle where he threatened Hogan with a gun in front of witnesses(other wrestlers). Nobody seems to corroborate the fire thing and given that setting a fire in a public arena would probably cause wrestling to be outright banned; I'd guess that one is Hogan bullshit.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Can't believe people still listen to Alvarez garbage reviews

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
What if I like uninformed whinging about stuff that doesn't matter?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I am too deeply invested in the LORE of Alvarez to quit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

I am too deeply invested in the LORE of Alvarez to quit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

beepo posted:

What if I like uninformed whinging about stuff that doesn't matter?
you’ve already got this thread

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
It's a blessed time to be alive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

you’ve already got this thread

:cheers: