Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There's a valuable point that 'we can all learn from'

If only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Suddenly the leader of the lynch mob turns to see the torches and pitchforks pointed at him instead

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just wanted to make a bad leader of the lynch mob joke and I won't apologize for that

Not now, not ever!!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Problem is if you negatively comment on someone’s appearance, you’re going to get poo poo for it. Doesn’t matter where the person falls on the gender spectrum.

There are a lot of diehard supporters of wrestlers that will come out of the woodwork if you do poo poo like this.

So don’t do it.

People will never stop saying stupid poo poo on social media that will get them in trouble it's kind of amazing

It's like seeing this huge shitstorm that will immediately kill you right outside your door and even though you'll be perfectly safe if you avoid it altogether you decide it's a great time for a stroll directly into the center

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

Sure does get the attention off of good ol' Randall's indiscretions, too.

lol Yeah I forgot all about his dick handshakes so it worked

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

in his day, dudes would suck each other’s dicks as a gag. Wrestling sure was professional.

I bet the dude that got his dick sucked was completely humiliated

Man they really got 'em with that one

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

With the like billion or whatever they just brought in from the TV deals they have the gently caress you money to do all the stupid poo poo Vince has always wanted to do and not get called on it because stocks are going up and up and up

It only gets more petty from here

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dave vs Eric is a great feud and I hope it never ends

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just love that he's got a fire extinguisher in there to save the precious paper copies of the observer should there be a life threatening fire

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Just casually stepping over my hoarder pile to get started on work every day

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I question there being a 'wrestling media hall of fame' in the first place

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I read this wrong and thought it was from a few decades ago

Because of the clothes my brain didn't question it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dave is weird as gently caress but Bischoff definitely shouldn't be putting that kind of thing in peoples heads even with subtle 'jokes' just because he doesn't like the guy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I bet most people look funny sprinting full speed down a hill though

A controlled jog is the answer

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dang

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Cormier whines until the check clears. He's as bad of a fraud as Jones.

lol yeah lets put someone upset because the guy who beat him was using coke and PEDs while they fought who also hit and ran on a pregnant woman and all the other poo poo he's done in the same category

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So a guy doing his job selling a fight is responsible not only to train, show up and make weight but also to make sure his opponent doesn't gently caress it up by babysitting him so he doesn't do something illegal to get it cancelled

And when his perpetual fuckup opponent ruins the fight the guy that does his job is held responsible in your mind

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I get that you apparently dislike DC for whatever reason but you're doing some rad mental gymnastics to justify it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I like conspiracy shows too

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Also it's debating about putting names into a hall of fame that doesn't exist outside of a wrestling newsletter website

I dunno that I would get that offended by who they put in it and when

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hooking wrestlers up to a lie detector then asking them a ton of shoot style questions would actually be interesting so I doubt it'll ever go in that direction

Hulk Hogan would break the thing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"brother" *BZZRT*

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Knowing Russo he'd have a bunch of his cronies on and only ask them about how much they liked being pushed during the dying days of WCW.

"Did you love being a main event-er when I was in control when nobody else saw anything in you?"
"Yes, you gave me a chance!"
"Says here you are telling the truth!"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Defunctland is very good

Well the videos are - I didn't know they had a podcast

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

After careful deliberation using all the facts and video and audio evidence we have available to us at this time I've determined Roman's main problem is that he sucks

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I can't find any evidence that anyone knows the real story one way or the other so we'll have to wait until the man himself speaks on it, which could be never

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Not to be all "Who the gently caress is Florida Georgia Line" like people in that one Raw thread but although I know who Drake is and that he's a huge star I will forever be puzzled as to why he's been at the top of the charts for like years now

Getting old sucks

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Not knowing who Florida Georgia Line are is awesome, though, because it means you don't live in one of America's shame places.

Unfortunately I do

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

there's a country band named Florida Georgia Line that had massive success in the early 2010s and people were like "WHAT IS THIS BAND THAT WWE IS TRYING TO USE ON TV!? THIS MUSIC IS NOT POPULAR!"

They still have massive success nowadays even on songs that aren't theirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDo0H8Fm7d0

But yeah it was hilarious watching people in the Raw thread try to act like they were some no name group WWE decided to throw on there randomly. It's fine if you don't like something but that doesn't make it unknown.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah I’ve never heard of Florida Georgia Line and don’t know why I would have since pop country has its own weird huge fan base that I’m not a part of so I would have assumed it was just some randos wwe got for cheap licensing. That’s their MO like 90% of the time when they bring an outside band in

That's fair but two of their biggest hits are crossovers with a pop singer and a rapper that were beaten into the ground on mainstream pop radio. If you didn't ever hear them there then you're lucky you never worked anywhere that played the radio.

I'm in the mid 30's so anymore I just assume that if a band shows up on something popular that they've been huge for a while and I'm just out of the loop lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I've never heard of any bands personally. I've never seen an ad.

Let me tell you about a little band called Crazy Town

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

You don't need radio play to be popular

6ix9ine has the #12 song in the country and he's not getting play anywhere

He also fucks kids but that's a whole different argument altogether and is more suited for a Jerry Lawler thread

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Music is good

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Turns out that brawl was exceedingly attractive

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Not many things more satisfying in wrestling than the loud crack of a good slap or chop

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I was looking up Bryan and Dave's rant about Crown Jewel to listen to it again for fun and found this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g58NzRyqYWQ

Angry weirdo rants about Dave for over ten minutes from the seat of his car. Compares Dave's Japanese fandom to black lives matter. It's pretty amazing. The comments are also something else. I didn't even know Meltzer had 100 haters in total and it looks like they're all in one place.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What are the red and white dots on the bar representing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What's everyone's favorite example of wrestling terms being used in other contexts or outside of the wrestling bubble?

Mine still has to be someone describing something as their 'shoot job' or when Scott Hall calls anything non wrestling related 'a gimmick'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

My wife calls annoying men that hit on her “jobbers.”

lol that's a pretty good one