Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is WOR worth subscribing to? I don't necessarily have time to listen to a whole lot of content, but you guys make the B&V stuff sound really entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

As a new subscriber, I totally recommend it. They're just plain funny guys and their opinions are often agreeable. And, even if they're wrong, I don't hate 'em for it. Failure to appreciate Kevin Nash is just one of those things I've learned to accept as a wrestling fan. Also Dave knows everything about wrestling history so it's educational.

You can find tons of their clips on YT as well. They have a YT channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPcc1MbakHpB8F1vIDvUJBg

Just to give you a good sample of what you're buying.

I've been watching these when they come out which is part of what got me asking. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a "trailer is better than the movie" or too much of a greatest hits type of thing before subbing.

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Writing it down really doesn't do it justice, but basically it was Bryan going on a rant about Bruce Pritchard saying we'd all miss Michael Cole when he was gone. Bryan went off his loving rocker about it and said that even when he personally says something stupid you can guarantee there will be one person at least who agrees with him, but Pritchard's statement is so stupid that NOBODY would ever agree.

You really need to hear Bryan going off while Vinny and Craig giggle to get the full effect.

They posted video of it today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0x73WcAmY

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

With Stone Cold at least he had a history of being incredibly entertaining on the mic, which translated well to the podcast (Jericho too) - a lot of Taker's appeal was his physical presence which is basically going to be invisible on a podcast.

He can charge more for video!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The F4WOnline website's navigation is hilariously bad.

Anyway, I'm shocked that Dave and Bryan thought the HHH promo was really good minus the Reid mention.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Who the gently caress can stand the Bellas' voices for that long? :gonk:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

VJeff posted:

I had Cornette on in the background last night and it was a great time until I made the mistake of opening a video that has him talking about Omega and Joey Ryan and then it wasn't so much fun anymore. :v:

While Cornette's "old man yells at cloud" makes me roll me eyes, I think that's part of his charm in a weird way.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Viceland Screwjob doc ending with Cornette and Russo clips talking poo poo about each other back and forth, culminated by Cornette saying he's going to outlive Russo just so he can piss on his grave was absolutely hilarious.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anybody know what the Filthy Tom mess was that Bryan referred to when Rob was saying his body was disagreeing with him?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Von Erich doc is incredible. It's crazy that they're only scratching the surface with this story too.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I haven't gotten to watching the doc yet, but Dave's obit on Kerry is still something I go back and read every now and again because it's such a mind boggling story.

Do you have a direct link to it?

vvvv Thanks!

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 2, 2019

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I hope Sami is covered in garbage when he appears next week.

New gimmick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e0NLxQJ55Y

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Just caught this and goddamn you weren't kidding, he just states it out of nowhere and then a few seconds later realizes what he has done :allears:

Like Filthy Tom says at the end - it was fitting he let it slip due to anger and rage.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The only good thing Craig brings to the show is Bryan's exasperation at his awful jokes. This week's retro show is a perfect example of that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

There are odds on Dave's star ratings? :psyduck:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its amusing that dave is such a robot that bookies regard him influencing ratings to make money off bets as a non-issue

That's kind of why I was baffled there were odds for them in the first place. Then again, this is pro wrestling gambling we're talking about.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I remember an article about a guy who was such a degenerate gambler he would bet on the daily temperature being O/U the forecast :stare:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

after 6 years i finally got a new phone. its an android. whats the best app for listening to f4w podcasts? i've been using chrome but it seems to lose track of where i am in the podcast if its paused for too long, and it looks like google music doesn't have access to the subscriber exclusive shows. is there an app that does?

You could download them and listen via whichever music player you prefer.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Granny on Jon Baxley today :vince:

I can't wait for the video clip of this

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 31, 2019

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

By far the best finishes report ever :lol:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan not getting Lance's argument that guys jumping ship from WWE to WCW and vice-versa freshened things up and made room for other talent was baffling.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pro click right here.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rodney the Piper posted:

Dave sounds like he’s finally realized how dire WWE is creatively after so many months of “we’ll see how it plays out.”

I love openly hating WWE booking Dave. He's finally turned the corner on the booking being like late WCW and it's great.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rodney the Piper posted:

I do too. I'm just shocked it took him this long, when it's been clear for years that they really don't have a higher plan other than vaguely keeping Reigns over.

Besides what other people have mentioned about the comparison to late WCW, I think he was also trying to be optimistic with his wait and see approach. It seems like it was after Moxley's interviews where he really turned around on his opinion.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I would not be subbed if it weren't for B&V shows. Dave is obviously the news and analysis draw when it comes to F4W but the entertainment value Bryan provides is substantial in my opinion.

:same:

Switching from actually watching through the Monday Night Wars to subscribing and listening to the retro shows instead was the best decision ever.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Booking has always been terrible, but the real turn was when Brock left and no one could get over more than THE BRAND. The attitude era would have been like current day WWE (minus being PG) if they had kneecapped Austin, The Rock, etc.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Vinny’s palpable embarrassment talking about his wife sending a steak back

I'm as appalled as everyone else on the show was at that story. I had the exact same reaction as Brian to finding out it was a filet.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

her review of undertaker vs goldberg was absolutely wild

"Every part of my body hurts"

The Granny segment is a must-listen this week.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Brian's exasperation about that Jarrett segment was hilarious. If you watch this, you'll hate wrestling and my daughter won't go to college.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

He is gonna get dropped into a kiddie pool again.

Is this show at Club Lavelle?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Died laughing at Dave's "this is not a way to start a marriage!" line during the 24/7 segment recap.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

has anyone told granny about Bryan's next match yet

No because they don't want the language guilt trip for saying Nick Fuckin' Gage

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I love B&V reviewing good wrestling. Basically everyone at the Observer. They just get so genuinely excited about it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm disappointed Vinny didn't catch Bryan's Freudian slip while talking about his Freudian slip. At least you could hear Craig laughing off mic in the background.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"What a couple of weirdos"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

coconono posted:

I hope Kathy is alive and sues the poo poo out of Hogan

It's not slander/libel if it's true :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Thank you friend :)

B: “Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt”
D: “The Fiend! The Fiend!”
B: “Please. Don’t even say that word”
D: “The Fiend! The Fiend!”

I haven't listened to WOR yet, but Dave tells Bryan about THE FIEND too? I was cracking up when Tom recapped the Smackdown segment the way he did after Bryan complained about the moniker.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan putting Rob on blast for making excuses about missing recording the Retro Show was amazing. You're blaming Ken. Ken's blind!! What's your excuse?!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dave is such an unabashed Tanahashi mark :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm annoyed this morning's WOR immediately spoiled the G1 final before I could skip ahead to the B block finals section i wanted to listen to.