Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kenny's sustained high octane style is his what made his program with Okada such a big deal. His actual in ring weakness is ACTING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Yeah I'm sure the stars currently getting TV time like *checks notes* Jake Hager and 5 are at a higher level than any woman could hope to be

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

I mean, it's New Japan. They're obviously going to handle things, even kinda dumb things, in a much better way than WWE. But on principle, they held a month long round robin tournament that is consistently sold as the toughest thing to win, all for the briefcase to challenge at the Tokyo Dome. They've been building up these briefcase defenses for a few years now and they finally have someone take the case from the G1 winner and not only does the guy who lost the case get a shot anyway, he gets one before the briefcase guy by being nice to the champion?

Undoing the month long killer tournament because a blind ref counted 3 on a hosed pin would be beyond stupid. This way everyone gets what makes sense.

Also challenging second is an advantage in this scenario because you get to be fresh against a beaten up opponent. It's simple.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

I think the problem there is that White has no reason to defend the titles against Ibushi if he wins on the 4th. Wheras if Ibushi wins on night 1, it's in character for him to want White so as to get his win back.

Uh, a champion doesn't get to just not defend the title if they don't feel like it.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

He's never had a match that makes you go "holy poo poo...hell loving yes!!!"

All of Orton's best moments can be expressed in five second gifs

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Only this forum could be so high-strung as to scold someone for saying JR says some weird poo poo

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Long time listener, first time DICK "The Cock" JOHNSON

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Suplex Liberace posted:

these ads have forced me to consider signing up for the patreon, taking suggestions on what weird rear end thing i should make pulse say

Dick "The Spoiler" Togo

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Wazzu posted:

In general I'm not sure what Tony adds to Deadlock

I haven't listened in a while but the absolute best bits of Deadlock were when Tony would matter of factly talk about something completely normal to him while Johnny and James were going mad at him not noticing the insanity of it, like the boy/girl party

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 9, 2023

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Kennel posted:

Added to next year’s ballot: Asuka/Kana WWE, Zane Bresloff, Psycho Clown, El Dandy, George Gordienko, Gran Hamada, Samoa Joe, Kento Miyahara, Cody Rhodes, Yoshihiro Takayama, Kevin Owens, Zack Sabre Jr., Mascarita Sagrada, Usos, Volador Jr., Koichi Yoshizawa, Bray Wyatt, Sami Zayn

I was going to say that half this list is insane but the funniest possible thing is that someone decided we need to have a serious hall of fame discussion about the guy who hasn't finished the story yet

Then I noticed The Usos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

apophenium posted:

I tried to listen to the Voices of Wrestling flagship podcast and they brought up people concerntrolling about that Darby Allin spot through the glass at Revolution and how no attention should be paid to them, they're just engagement farming, etc. Then they ranted about those same posts and posters for like 45 min lol

they spend at least half an hour hotdogging about how poo poo wrestling twitter is and how they're the only real podcasters in every episode. have to be in the mood for it