Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
is patreon still a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I gotta know, did Bryan have no idea who Walter was

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Suzuki getting in after just recently proving he's not a draw and tanking NOAH business is hilarious imo. Do we have a break down of who voted for him specifically?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah put that way I agree than. I'll be voting for Jinder's

Bray 100% has worst gimmick tho

It's either Sister Abigail or Jason Jordan as Angle's Son and I'm leaning more toward the later because the former never came to fruition.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bray/Orton's feud outside the matches were weird and interesting, then the matches were just poo poo. Bray/Finn's feud has been like rear end backwards and one sided because Finn kept kicking his rear end, but their matches were okay. The man vs man match was good even though the build up was dumb. If Bray didn't have mumps and walked out at the PPV in a dress and wrestled he'd deserve worst gimmick.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

The Bray/Orton story was great up until Orton turned on Bray, they really pissed away some good story there

The idea that it was just Orton vs. Bray and not Orton vs. Bray vs. Harper the conflicted former follower made it worse and just dropping Harper from the angle altogether hurt the entire feud, but I guess he wasn't supposed to be the real protagonist/get over from the angle.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Anderson and Gallows are on Steve Austin's podcast and it's a Hoot. Nothing ground breaking other than the continuing theory that Vince doesn't know that Gallows was Festus.

Do they do the Austin voice

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he's been in backstage shots a bunch

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hot Sauce isn't in here, but Silver Ant is

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I mean the crowd was hot for Tirantes getting his rear end kicked by another ref and fabi getting beat but other than that *shrugs*

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao did she really get fired for saying that roman accepted drew macintyre's match with him at mania instead of saying challenge

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is Dave just mad that his favorite team in wrestling didn't win or is he stubborn about the Bucks needing to use their start power and put over other newer teams first? The Bucks are also already in a feud with ex-LAX

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

his point seems to be that its a new expanded audience who needs to be introduced the bucks and that having them as inaugural title holders gives the belts credibility.

however i think that a. the bucks can be stars in ways other than being tag champs off the bat and b. that tag titles don't necessarily need the level of credibility the bucks would give them

I think dave is expecting too much of a "new audience" its not like WWE where the crowds are quiet for certain dudes unless they're built up, Bucks are already over to the people in the crowd so it should make them realize they're probably a big deal.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Get his rear end

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

The weirdest thing about Darby on Talk is Jericho is not a guy putting his head in poop and pee for $3 it was that Hulk Hogan called Jericho after the Darby match to say how great it was.

Hogan's weird because while he's real selfish piece of poo poo, the dude apparently knows when people are over or have talent at times because he was really high on Kevin Owens in NXT and his Cena angle & promos. Jericho said in his book a lot that Hogan put him over a lot and praised him in WCW. Bizarre dude.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Thought this was the AEW thread and not the podcasts thread

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

He entered to "make history" by winning it and choosing his own opponent or something similar but poorly explored.

there was zero history to make in any way wwe actually came at it, but wwe thinks fans are idiots and dont remember things or can watch the stuff now on the network. ECW Champ was in the rumble in 2008 and they still pretended the winner would challenge it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
bryan learning the hardway to set their bit goals higher lmaoo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bryan's gonna get them banned from Twitch

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bryan: I WILL NOT TAKE ANOTHER SHOT

also Bryan: GOD drat IT GIVE MORE SO I CAN TAKE ANOTHER SHOT

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
CUT THE FEED

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
drunk kip up

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
"uuuhhh, I'm drunk, but that's a true story"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Uhhh... I'm not familiar with Twitch, are the cheers just people pushing a button or are they actually paying money? Is this... is this an actual money thing?

its more like 50,000 bits i think = $500

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
puking is considered self harm on twitch so if someone pukes on that one they'll get banned

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyFaithfulBaconGingerPower

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Highspots uploaded the whole video of Naylor's sitdown with Meltzer and Chris Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sb0da4IwlQ

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lol at dave thinking a upper midcard dude who just beat one of the top main event faces should lose to a lower card tag guy with no build

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
it wasnt until highspots posted the dave, naylor, and hero sitdown where i found out roller derby is also fake

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

"They're not gonna put a mask on Anna Jay, that'd be like putting a mask on Tanahashi"

Edit:
Lmao at Dave refusing to drop the Bryan and Alex Marvez are the same person joke

Tanhashi has worn multiple masks!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

And he criticized what bad booking it was.

should have never been a heel wrestler

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Revival are good again now that there in everyone favorite promotion right?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
which one's dax, which one's cash?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rick posted:

Glad our alliance continues.

I did not see them a ton there. I saw a Takeover they were on and was not super impressed.

Only match I can assume you saw from them was the one where they made Enzo and Big Cass look like good workers, because every other Takeover match they've had has been widely praised

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People kind of being surprised or calling Karl Anderson a mark should know the dude was just a guy on the US indies before he randomly had a big break as NJPW's 2nd top heavyweight foreign talent next to Giant Bernard. Him being home sick and wanting to be a star on US TV makes sense. Absolutely don't blame people taking bigger paychecks because in the end its a job about making money.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mkay0 posted:

‘In the end it’s about making money’ is not an obvious vote for them to go to WWE, as has been discussed at length itt

in a pre aew wrestling world in the united states wwe was the one offering the most money hand over fist because they were scared aew was a real thing

flashy_mcflash posted:

What about his (or anyone's) tenure in WWE would be an indication that he would be a star on US TV?

he was a guy who didn't believe wwe's backstage culture or thought maybe he was different because he had a big hook coming in as allies to top stars. literally everyone thinks they're different before actually getting into wwe until either realizing they're just another cog in the machine and are beaten down by it or supposedly don't care that they are

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I assume watch this or SGH Live? Though I don't think they hosted those videos on youtube?

They dont have the actual like show videos in their patreon right? Like there should be no reason to take their poo poo down via TOS if its just their audio or webcams and i cant imagine they're that vulgar to get their stuff wiped

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

lol they were just playing the video with their faces on the side of the stream, its very illegal. Also the syncs, which are like osw style and very illegal.

if you dont have any of the show video or audio it should totally be legal as long as you arent also providing :filez: on how to watch stuff outside what version/edit you're watching

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
comrade granny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
or did you dude?