Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The ones I listen to that aren't on that list:

We Watch Wrestling
: Three comedians talk about wrestling, are genuinely enthusiastic about it. One is a former WWE writer. They talk mainly about WWE, NJPW and way too much about PWG. Also features the best Vince impression out there. Comes out Wednesdays.

Attitude Era Podcast: Two Brits and an Irish guy recap old WWE PPVs. They're pretty funny.

Music of the Mat: Two guys follow the evolution of themes and how they follow the evolution of the character, and stuff like that. If you're looking for a sample, I recommend the Undertaker episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

wait, did someone mention cocks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RgKN2LBIeM

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Incessant Excess posted:

Podcast Addict works for me.

Seconding Podcast Addict.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I've been having issues with their podcast feed too. These showed up, but the WOR from Saturday didn't for whatever reason.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I wish I was named Ryan Woodruff, because I would have the best ringtone ever from today's B&V.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lid posted:

Coming back to this but it is funny there are levels of the worst match ever, where the standard is Sharmell vs Jenna and things are graded on that scale.

There was some Lucha Libre USA match that at the time they said was worse in every way than Sharmell/Jenna and they never even remember it exists, but they do remember Rebel v Shelley and sometimes Bushwhackers/Ivan Shiek.

Fake edit: oh god i found the match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxPEnbjADgk&t=1110s

Mascarita Dorada & Octagoncito vs Pequeno Halloween & Tigresa Caliente (Rhaka Khan)

real edit: noones monitoring Rhaka Khan's wikipedia

https://youtu.be/_3pjjqhgUt8

Here's the B&V segment on it. It's very good.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

achillesforever6 posted:

https://soundcloud.com/wrestlesplania
New podcast where Kath Barbadoro tries to get Rachel Millman into wrestling

I don't know who those people are but this podcast is loving great

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

KoldPT posted:

Please listen to Wrestlesplania.

it is very good

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

VJeff posted:

I kinda wanna know when this was.

I think that was on the Best Of for last year

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo I laughed so hard at this, or rather at Vinny's reaction to the whole thing. Just glorious.

This is the first thing that made me really want to have video. Well, that and Bryan literally falling out of his chair.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

sleepwalkers posted:

Just reminding everyone that Wrestlesplania remains a good, depraved listen, and their latest episode with Stokely Hathaway is cool and fun. They're the yin to Meltzer's verbose yang.

Agreeing.

I'm really happy that non-traditional wrestlefans are starting podcasts and getting popular. Wrestlesplania, the Nobodies, I think maximum fun has one too? It's a good time for wrestlefans.

Are there any theater nerd podcasts who dissect wrestling matches/angles in academic terms, because I feel like that is an untapped market. Actually talking and critiquing wrestling as an art form.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

projecthalaxy posted:

Wrestle Me is pretty great, except that they stopped one of the episodes for several minutes (i think on mania 2) to talk about how good Moolah is and how much they like her and how she advanced the business and was so brave. That was weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

It was super slow for me this morning but I did eventually get it. Maybe Backlash killed their bandwidth.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I like the part of the Cornette show where Bryan gives the plugs and then it goes for another 20 minutes of bullshitting

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

mkay0 posted:

I actually hate when they pointlessly bicker like that, but I know I’m in the minority.

I like the occasional bickering, but Bryan not understanding how fans work and being really dumb did not do it for me this time.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vertical Lime posted:

i'm beyond shocked bryan liked mid-1999 wcw

When you see something in a tailspin and there's nothing you can do to stop it, there's nothing to do but admire the spectacle

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

MassRafTer posted:

The first ten minutes as they mock people who watch WWE was incredible.

And then they just continue to only watch WWE products.

Use your loving platform to make a better wrestling landscape. Instead of just watching bad things on the WWE Network, talk about good wrestling that's not a well known. Stardom's 5 Star Grand Prix is happening right now, it's really good! Watch some British wrestling, get more eyes on RevPro and OTT or whoever else. Watch a DDT/TJPW show. Watch a CMLL Friday show. Watch something besides loving WWE

You have a big voice in the community, don't use it to reinforce a monopoly

gently caress.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

HidaO-Win posted:

Point of order, OTT is an Irish wrestling company, referring to it as British is a slur/warcrime/fighting talk

That's part of my point, though. I don't watch it. I've heard of it, I don't know much about it, I'd definitely consider it watching, but I haven't been pushed to make that leap yet.

If someone with a big platform would go out and say "hey, this show is really good and this promotion is really good, they've got a show on this date, and they've got a streaming service here, check it out everyone" then that could kickstart conversations about that promotion and give them some attention that indies need so loving much.

Instead I get to hear about the latest WWE death march twice. We've already got WON for that. Use the loose format show to try something new and fun and not just feed the cycle of bad wrestling despair

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The_Rob posted:

Lol can you seriously not make a decision to watch something on your own? You really need someone to dictate what you watch?

That's what you get out of that post?

I'm talking about using a large platform to get more indies exposure. WWE has a monopoly on the business, and the Observer is just feeding into that more. Every WWE PPV gets two shows dedicated to it. There's a Raw, Smackdown and NXT review. NJPW gets a little conversation tacked onto the end unless there's a big show. PWG is local to Dave, so that gets talked about. That's pretty much it, unless someone asks Dave directly. There's so much wrestling out there, and 80% of the content on the radio shows is WWE or only available on the Network.

I used OTT as an example, because its true that I'm curious about it, but I haven't sought it out yet. It's not cause I am unable to make a decision, it's because I'm a fuckin' adult, man. I only have so many hours in the day. I already subscribe to two other services, I watch the CMLL Fridays when I can, have a full time job, and have other hobbies. I don't know if you've seen the wrestling fan age statistics recently, but I can pretty much guarantee I'm not the only person like that. So if someone with an amount of authority says "Hey, go seek this out specifically", then people like me are more likely to actively do that, which is more recognition for them, which turns into more money for them, which is healthier for the entire business.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Karmine posted:

People poo poo on Dave for a lot of dumb reasons but "this journalist isn't advertising marginal products properly" is, well, new.

I'm making GBS threads on Bryan, to be clear :colbert:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Brian is so loving proud of his comparison of a comedy show to a high spots match.

It's so stupid holy poo poo

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

dsriggs posted:

Oh no, Granny finally learned about “suplex”

She's learned about it before and it hasn't stuck.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Granny: What is it?
Bryan: It's uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh... uh...

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lid posted:

The retro show is up and an hour is on just Nitro.

Nitro starts at 22:00. The podcast is 1:15:53.

:eyepop:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

HidaO-Win posted:

I was listening to the Q+A from Starcast and a guy quizzing Dave about the condition of his tape and magazine collection was also great comedy. Will definitely toss into that GoFundMe if it goes up and is reputable.

That guy is former WWE writer and stand up comedian Matt McCarthy, he's the core guy on the We Watch Wresting podcast.

It's a decent podcast, but I ended to dropping it cause I can only take them talking about the WWE weeklies and their buddies at pwg so much.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Helicity posted:

Darby Allin?

L.A. Park

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I still like Wrestlesplainia but they haven't really done much through the pandemic, though apparently new eps are coming soon

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Jerusalem posted:

Holy gently caress Bryan encountering "ligma" during Wrestling Observer Live :xd:

https://twitter.com/HighFlyLo/status/1438166947187789828?s=19

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Are there pictures of the office, or do we have to wait until video WOR?

e:

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 24, 2022