Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Is Johnny saying direckedly a joke it does he actually think that's how it's pronounced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

neoaxd posted:

He's copying how The Rock used to say it in promos, but Johnny not knowing how to pronounce words wouldn't be out of character!

Ah okay I haven't really seen any The Rock promos. Thanks!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Another Deadlock lore question: Is the "Anderson" in the funny voice they do sometimes from some promo? I have no idea what it's from but now every time I see or hear that name I say it funny in my head.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Is the Deadlock plus ten thing like using the +10 seconds thing to skip through a bad segment/dull match?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I never listened before but you guys weren't kidding about Dave and his notes. Was cracking up when he couldn't find em for the Forbidden Door preshow. Took so long Bryan just moved on. I don't know if I'll listen to it enough for it to be worth the subscription but I'm glad I checked it out finally.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Are any of the non-WOR shows worth checking out? I was skeptical, but that show and the newsletters are probably worth the $$. But maybe there are other things on there I should give a try.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Hard disagree with Dave & Bryan about the number of PPVs AEW runs. The current setup is pretty nice cause it feels like important stuff happens on TV and storylines get time to build up to make the PPVs feel really important. Monthly PPVs would water down both, I'd think and might burn out our beautiful boy Tony Khan.

I imagine though if WBD backed up a few dump trucks full of money to Dailey's Place it'd be hard to say no. Guess we'll see where it goes.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Sometimes Dave says stuff that I disagree with and I think that's nice. They were raving about the Brock and Cody match from SummerSlam and I thought that match was dreadful.

I also don't really get Dave insisting that NJPW is cold and that SANADA sucks and whatnot and I'm just like where is this coming from. But sometimes it's just Dave being Dave not necessarily something a bunch of people are saying.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Why does he love NXT so much. The way they talk about Ilja Dragunov I almost wanna watch it

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Speaking of WOR I'm glad Bryan doesn't book AEW, his whole shpiel about the booking of OC was so :nallears: though I do agree OC should get a shot at Claudio.

Also why did Dave say having the WrestleDream show was gonna get heat?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Judging by all the salty tweets Dave is fending off next WOR is gonna be an all-timer.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I just watched the Angle vs. Michaels match from WrestleMania 21 and it was pretty good. Not five stars though. Dave was right.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

sleep with the vicious posted:

I will say it....garrett (double G) isn't that bad, and in fact his shows with dave are way better than the ones with bryan because garrett asks questions, he follows up, and he lets dave run. He also doesn't recap minutiae of raw.

I mostly agree. I generally like Bryan but he gets stuck on things sometimes. Garrett just lets Dave expand on stuff from the newsletter, which is usually fun. Dave is the real star.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

And he doesn't pet the dog's cute lil head ONCE. Dave, expect a strongly worded fax.

E. Dave, if you got the fax already please disregard. I didn't see you pet your dog's head, but you did, earlier in the clip. Please accept my apology.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

0konner posted:

I’m baffled that anyone still cares about rampage spoilers. How does no one watch that show even when it airs and people somehow act like they care about the results?

I think it's fun to watch the show without knowing the results ahead of time :)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

Why did Dax crawl all the way over to the opposition's corner to set up a tag and some double-team moves? That just looked off to me. I didn't read him as dazed or anything...

Didn't catch that live! That does look kind of goofy. Dax putting in the work to get his opponents over. He's just a gracious guy.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

She said Kane

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

i just saw this. u and i, on sight brother

Stay frosty

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Yeah it makes sense, furthers the Swerve Hangman thing and starts a Bucks heel turn. They might've been confused about why the match was happening at all, i.e. why Hangman is in the match at all after what Swerve did. Sometimes they take the storylines a bit too seriously and hold them to hew to a realism like why is Swerve still working for the company when he's done home invasions on two of his coworkers. Meltz and Alvarez don't get it sometimes. Alvarez especially lingers on points like that and gets loud and I just want to pat him on the head and tell him to relax buddy, it's just pro wrestling

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Thanks, I hate it

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I've not followed Dave for long enough to know so I'm just gonna ask: does he know how funny he is?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I haven't ponied up the 5 bux yet but I'd really like to ask the boys their wrestling viewing habits like which shows they watch live or whatever. I know James is a weirdo and always has something playing while he's going to sleep.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Lmao, first "go to the beach now" and here's "grow some friends moran" Dave is so funny

I also don't know anyone who has cable but I don't know many people over 50 so

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Sucks that he had to deal with that but that's an all-timer flex

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

fart blood posted:

Why is Dave wearing that sweater

It's called fashion sweaty

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Wardlow is great and I like to watch him wrestle I liked seeing him whip out the Casualty of War again

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

If Wardlow shifted to being a goofy tie-dyed stoner type dude who when pressed got enraged and did the powerbombs and Casualty of War and jobber killer poo poo that would be really fun but idk if he has the acting chops or self awareness to pull it off

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Maybe if they called it Kriegsmaschine and they wore little leather caps

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I think Dave Meltzer should pet his dog. I pet my dog. I love to pet my dog. What's Dave's deal.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

If New Japan had their wits about em they'd move mountains to sign Nakajima and Kiyomiya. I have no idea what either of their contract situations are like tho

And probably start offering multi year contracts

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I loved the one with Kane being repackaged as Steve. I've never even seen a Kane promo or match but Johnny's Kane voice saying "Seeeaaaan, why weren't you here on time they won't let me be green Seeeaaaan" had me dying

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

The only thing I ever see QoP post is "Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway". Weird gimmick.

Loser detected!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

It's Bryan's funniest bit, barely beating his devoted defenses of current NXT. He's a broken man

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Idk why he likes NXT but it's always funny when he talks about trying to get people to watch it and they can't make it through a whole episode.

I also really liked when Dave was saying he looks forward to Raw cause he does his workout during it lol

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Is the angle that Max thinks Jay is hot and that's why he's messing the raps?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

The money Tony Khan pays him makes it hard to say anything negative. It's a shame really

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I tried to listen to the Voices of Wrestling flagship podcast and they brought up people concerntrolling about that Darby Allin spot through the glass at Revolution and how no attention should be paid to them, they're just engagement farming, etc. Then they ranted about those same posts and posters for like 45 min lol

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Yeah to be fair it was a good (though long) rant and I'll probably add the flagship to my podcast repertoire just thought it was funny

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

What Deadlock ep had the Patron named "I have a small dick and even smaller balls" I need to hear it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

StupidSexyMothman posted:

you're gonna have to be way more specific

It was within the last month and a half or so. It was something like "I have a tiny dick and even smaller balls. The balls are above the dick. The dick STINKS and I HATE it. The balls do NOT smell."