Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
If Seth does anything close to an “observe this” on raw one day. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

It’s such an interesting podcast and I hope Matt becomes a booker after he’s done becomes he has the right mindset for storylines and continuities for pro wrestling.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Just starting listening to the Brodie lee interview with Jericho.

So Arn was a big supporter backstage and one day just told him “I’m going to stop because it’s probably hurting your chances”

:smith:

Vince just had it in his head “I think he looks southern. BETTER HAVE HIM DO A SOUTHERN DRAWL”

:goodshit:

Edit: Vince literally wanted him and Rowan to be Demolition. Backstage people brought a picture of demolition and said “this is what Vince wants”

2nd Edit: people should never ever pitch anything to Vince if he’s eating anything. He just won’t give a gently caress about your ideas :lol:

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 27, 2020

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Brodie asked for his release and they didn’t want to release him because as Triple H told him “it’ll look like rats leaving a sinking ship”

Vince literally called him and said “I can’t let you go because of business reasons”

Edit: aww near the end, Daniel Bryan personally called him and told him he wanted Brodie to feud him. Good guy Bryan :unsmith:

Edit 2: He and Rowan won the titles against New Day and Rowan tore his bicep. Instead of just vacating the titles, they ask Rowan to do another match on smackdown to take the titles off them. gently caress this company

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 27, 2020

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

“He doesn’t want to be a wwf star. He wants to flip,act, and run. All the things that compromise our genre”

Kevin Dunn is still employed to this day. :lol:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

So apparently Mizdad was doing taichi/ naked yoga, that’s what I heard during the talking down Maryse gave

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

reminder that they thought bo dallas was gonna be a babyface heartthrob

Well they were right though

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Jericho saying that Florida has less cases than California and omitting the fact that Florida hasn't done the testing and reporting like California or a New York.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinio...sjpi-story.html

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/09/10/florida-schools-defy-desantis-order-to-keep-virus-stats-under-wraps-1316272

The only way he's going to learn or change is if he gets covid or someone close to him, but who knows.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Listening to the podcast on youtube,and Mitchell uses the old "I was just asking questions to protect everyone else who might not have been able to speak up" excuse :lol:

What an rear end in a top hat.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Listening to new observer radio and, I like Punk, but god drat dude.

Meltzer clarified that it wasn't Cabana going backstage at a WWE show but going out to a pizza place with Kevin owens, Sami Zayn, and PAC.

That's what caused Punk to lose his mind with Colt because he felt that because of the suit, they shouldn't interact with any WWE people during it.

:lol:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Dave and Bryan arguing over Swerve losing to Bryan Danielson.

I agree with Dave, swerve can lose to Bryan and come out fine.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

5 minutes in and the sandman has still not remembered he is out there to wrestle a match and is just wandering around the outside of the ring smoking lmao

e: haha sabu got tired of waiting

Sandman being on acid explains ALOT :lol:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...g%20the%20bout.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Dave not understanding that Max is messing up his raps because Jay and the bang bang gang are messing up his vibe is still baffling to me :psyduck:

Pro wrestling isn't really subtle all the time but yet people can't see what's in front of their eyes

Though Dave did call Dwayne's 20 minute twitter video a masterpiece, there you go. :lol:

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 4, 2024

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

https://x.com/therealclassic/status/1776996587635368021?s=46

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

"He saw Seth in the flak jacket and he had a flashback to 12 years ago that he couldn't help himself but attack Seth"

:lmao:

Alvarez recapping mania main event

Edit:
"It had the feel of a Stardom main event"
-Dave on Bayley vs Iyo
I'm sorry but Dave, you need to either get glasses or I don't know what

Also Dave saying that Cody was booed as a baby face in AEW is skipping ALOT of time where Cody was the #1 baby face in AEW

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 8, 2024

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Is Andrew a well respected source for scoops,brother?🤔

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1777721751163867536?s=46

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

"And Indiana is lawless"

https://x.com/aew/status/1777803679883563266?s=46

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Dave handwringing over Ospreay defending himself against Paul levesque and then he thinks maybe it could get Ospreay booed at a later date
:lmao:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I'm baffled at the Cody match being rated so high.

Like...what spectacle. Nobody went through a glass table or something special in that vein. They started with a collar and elbow tie up and it's suppose to be a blood feud match apparently too.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I wonder if fed stans ,and Alvarez,understand that a live production of anything has cameras and camera operators move and rolling all the time and all it takes is not saying "cut to *camera #*" for a minute or however long and it's not difficult at all for a simple "follow wrestler in a straight line for a minute"

If anything, when dalton makes his entrance and does the 360 with the camera operator, now that's actually difficult because of the movement and timing on both sides.

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 18, 2024

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

So I'm finally listening to the Trish and Sarah Podcast that was linked regarding Punk and my immediate thoughts are that these two are so good at this in ways 99% of wrestling podcasters just aren't, and that there was so much to the Punk situation (like losing the ESPN coverage?! Holy poo poo) that I had no idea about. It's a great listen. This is an easy sub. There's so much knowledge and clear professionalism and research that is coming out in what they're saying. It's refreshing.

:hai:

And when they mentioned the collision announcement poster and that whole day being a poo poo show,I went "oh yeah, He was a giant baby that day too"

I had completely forgotten about the collision announcement debacle.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Phil beating Joe in the Owen tournament was the wrong move, should've saved finally beating Joe for wembley, which I think everyone agreed since it was played up that he never beat Joe before and having Ricky turn heel at the finals when he was getting hot was wrong too. :mad:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Why didn't they explain why Ospreay didn't do the tiger driver???? (Ospreay explains why he didn't do the tiger driver in a later segment)

Ospreay explained in the promo to Don and Don said "I don't care, break their necks" to set up the Callis feud

Like, it was all set up in the ring and in the promos after the gauntlet match

Does Alvarez need EX to do "earlier today Will Ospreay told me that he feels really bad for using the storm driver and I quote "Bruv, I ain't doing that move ever again"
:psyduck:

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 26, 2024

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

EDit: wrong thread :shobon: sorry

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 26, 2024

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

When Bryan kept complaining about brian cage waiting to help Swerve in the Texas death match near the end, just obnoxious levels of whining, and then not a peep about the bloodline waiting to help Roman near the ending of his dumb match

That's when my patience to listening to him hit its limit.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

What a weird build for that match, because you can see the seeds of a heel CM Punk turn. He did a sarcastic "you will shake my hand" promo to Hangman and then in the go-home promo Hangman is unloading on him and he does this "I don't know why you're taking this personally" response and is just quiet like he's the baby face now against mean old Page.

Really odd;if anything, Punk made the build weirder there by just being basically silent
The punk/hangman feud starts at 41:47
https://youtu.be/FsXzy7u-cuo?si=szBxYV68hLOnQCSR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Senerio posted:

The biggest specific example I can think of is that their segment about the Ronda/Gulak stuff....
:hmmyes:
I finished the episode today and my twitter timeline gets flooded with anti-Ronda stuff out of nowhere, and it's Jimmy Smith doing it.

Now, like Trish and Sarah said, Ronda as a person is not good but that also shouldn't be used to downplay harassment that she experienced or anyone experiences because they aren't a perfect victim