Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave Meltzer Selling Bears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04OYuONWoj4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This reminds me of the recent WOR interview with the Anthem guy who was clearly a business guy forced to rehab a wrestling company that has no revenue.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

RIP The LAW
"This caps off the greatest night of calls"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan doing THE MATH on why there'll never be a boom period like that again was great too.
I was digging through some old posts and remembered the WWE survey claiming over 100 million wrestling fans in the US.

Lid posted:

How Kurt didn't win the WON rookie of the year award in 1999 (Blitzkrieg did) is lifes biggest mystery.
Kurt was in Memphis and mostly worked dark matches until Survivor Series.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave was very briefly on the 30 For 30 Podcast about UFC 1. Nothing new but they interviewed Shamrock, Gracie and other fighters in addition to Art Davie.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Dave would still be in the higher echelon of tolerable baseball journalists.
He would vote against Bonds etc. for HOF. Hypothetical Baseball Reporter Dave is bad.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Between The Sheets is about 1998 this week. Goldberg is definitely losing to Nash but who knows what will follow?

quote:

there was also serious talk that the end result of this would be for Nash to re-join the black & white at that point and possibly even hand the belt to Hogan, and this was the first time it was made clear that wasn't happening.
:wcw:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Can't wait for mookieghana to do the math on Sting and AJ's WWE bumps vs. recent death bumps.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The reasons to get upset are Dave understating his own influence with voters and some questionable people from the 1996 class that got in on Dave and basically a veterans committee vs. those who were excluded.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Thauros posted:

What do you guys think about Morales as a HoFer? Seems a bit of a stretch to me based on what little I know but I don't pretend to have enough of a grasp on 1970's wrestling to really judge him
Everyone who drew that much for that long in New York is in.
Somebody on the F4W frontpage made the case for him.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's a dumb backdoor attempt to get guys in who had years to break 60% on their own. Edge is fine but his last run was not HOF stuff and I like the idea of Better Than Edge as the standard for Modern US more than I care if he gets in. Not coincidentally this standard puts an end to any consideration of Orton.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jinder was most overpushed and that's what the award is now.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Show Dave that indie wrestling matters and vote Cody for Best Box Office Draw.

Forgot to mention it earlier but Dave 100% not saying Conor does cocaine was a fun part of WOR.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If you care about drawing start screaming about Caristico only getting 25%. The Mexico logjam isn't bad enough to gently caress over the biggest star on the ballot and Ultimo Guerrero is not close enough to falling off to justify a bump to 50%.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pisscast needs breaking news audio.
RIP

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, the fuel that keeps the Dave Meltzer robot running is a heady mixture of Vince insanity and lust for Japan, and neither shows any signs of running out.
I'm glad he has something to keep him happy during his stupid family's awful vacation.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I need a fully produced Geek Of The Week: By The Numbers video. I'm surprised Dolph was only a contender 26 of 48 weeks.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mob posted:

Also Patreon charges at the first of the month so everyone who was a subscriber got dinged anyway.
it's carnies all the way down.

JR getting fired from Podcast One for saying he might someday leave for a better offer was also funny.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I honestly can't remember the last Ross or Austin pod I listened to, it's been months.
Austin had Gallows and Anderson on twice in December if you are a fan of Talk'n Shop.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

You should do a Jerry Jarrett WONHOF episode.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I don't want Hulkamatt giving commentary on something he has actually seen.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

VJeff posted:

Somebody post the clip of Dave talking about the G1.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

God bless this WOR existing so I got me some UPW history.
California steroid history is almost as good as derby coverage.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

If you ever wanted to listen to 1:40+ of the Life and Times of the Ultimate Warrior, well here you go. Bodybuilding, Blade Runners, walk outs, hold ups, steroids, commercials, Warrior universities, contract disputes, drug testing, every bit that I could fit in up through 1997 is here.
Do a PM Entertainment podcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8xNo31T5s

e: Mean Gene w/ Dan Le Batard is a fun listen.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 5, 2018

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"The Alberto el Patron of MMA" was the best Conor description yet.
:cocaine:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bla bla bla All In. Derby talk is back!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is a very good episode and got me mad about WCW Worldwide airing recaps that were weeks behind Nitro.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

Is the Torch worth reading? What makes it different from the Observer besides the fact Dave writes one and Wade the other?
The Torch has more distinct columns and sections than WON. More live reports from indies rather than results + "said to be a 4 star match." The best Torch content is the Bruce Mitchell podcast and archival stuff if you want deep dives into major stuff like steroid trial or WCW shutting down. Observer Live archives go back to ~1999 but Wade has some ancient interviews and radio shows worth checking out.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Can't believe Jericho didn't press Dave on the derby equivalent to Vince buying WCW.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

its seriously amazing that for a year Vampiro's gimmick was "Team with guys who wear facepaint"
BROTHERS IN PAINT

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is a good show and I am furious PCO didn't get hashbrowns at Waffle House.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Seams posted:

all the wwe wrestlers sniping at dave over a fairly innocuous comment are quite happy to work for an accused rapist
Pretty sure Court Bauer once mentioned the tanning salon story so there's every reason to drag that up again.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/1037184401606467584

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This was a really good show.
Does anyone know the unspoken reason Stacy Carter or Mike Howell got fired? Given the endless salacious stuff everyone knows from that marriage I'm at a loss why something would be held back.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 25, 2018

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I want a supercut of Dave warning how this was bad money for months leading up to this week.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

One of the loons spun up by Bischoff or Prichard is going to show up at Dave's house someday.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

He's a good example of guys that were just C+ indy guys that got signed too soon.
I blame ROH for not using Dijak well more than WWE for poaching early. He was a star in every smaller promotion and worked his rear end off finishing dates in front of 100 people. Obviously I can't defend what NXT has done since signing

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Finally the return of salty Dave watching b-league MMA.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1066544722854866944

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Russo defending tequila stuff on WOL about a week later. Really the whole episode is good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0VUXs19FBY&t=1661s

e: Brent in Seattle at 30:20 :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The NY 64 podcast was great but I miss the low stakes antics of TNA. The New York office was incredible.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 8, 2018