Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the Drunkcast/Over the Top Radio that Ed, Craig and Cutrer did done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bret screwed Bret

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brad Armstrong was amazing.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember people being into Garvin vs. Flair until Garvin actually won the title and then they were like "WTF, he is not worthy of beating the Nature Boy." Probably because Ric was usually a tweener, no matter how big of a dick he was.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bikertaker was good, though. Freshened up his character a lot.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triplexpac posted:

You can split Bikertaker into two: his face debut run which was hot garbage, and his heel run where he was entertaining at least.

His heel turn on JR was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVH8-DntY

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It seems weird but also fitting that Taker arguably has the best and the worst Mania matches of all time

Undertaker wasn't in Austin/Hart I Quit, which is the best Mania match. :colbert:

Also, Limp Bizkit was involved in the greatest Mania hype video ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhd2fZyDB4

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Nov 24, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tato posted:

Hell yes. We've been getting dark side Meltzer interacting with twitter morons for a while now, we are getting close to the full heel turn thanks to him getting pissed at internet scoopsmen.

You scoopsmen wouldn't be anything without Meltzer. All the crap on twitter represents these fans out here. Time for the oWo

Meltzer is the only wrestling reporter real sports journalists respect.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoking Crow posted:

I want a peek into that alternate timeline just to see him call into a national sports talk radio show to explain his baseball hall of fame ballot

It would take him a solid 45 minutes

And would involve him getting sidetracked about some minor league player for fifteen minutes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat, at that angle she looks just like her daddy

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh, if Jericho and Rey is in, Orton might as well be.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

Except Rey did a lot for lucha libre in North America and worldwide and Jericho exists beyond the wrestling sphere. Orton did...

I have high standards. :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thauros posted:

both (esp rey) were also far better workers in their prime and rey was a proven draw. jericho's kinda iffy himself imo

Jericho's, and Orton's for than matter, likely best chance to be a top draw was squashed by Hunter.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Orton and Edge feel like guys that had runs where they felt like HOFer's but it was long enough for them to get in. And for Orton he has too many moments where he was clearly not a HOF'er for him to get in.

Lucha needs a bunch of people going in and the Non-wrestler category shouldn't be taking spots from Wrestlers IMO

To me, at least, Orton really felt on the edge of something big leading up to Wrestlemania 25, then welp, Hunter ended that.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wasn't Patterson the only person brave enough to ever bring up that Hunter's push was too strong for how over he was? I feel like I read that from Dave at some point.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They've dropped the ball on Bray almost since he debuted the character on the main roster. :negative:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Reminder that tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of probably the best B&V segment ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opM6eyjIYH0&t=1m43s

That's not "I WOULD BUY A GOLD BOAT"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exploded mummy posted:

which itself is not "Someone's trying to fool me. All it says is 'Someone is back'".

The best part about that song is it got him like four times.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I'm not sure why it surprised me since their problems were such a long time ago, but it was a genuine pleasure to hear just how much Edge and Christian love the Woken Matt Hardy gimmick and hear them rave about how savvy Matt is.

Didn't they kind make up a few years ago?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I definitely remember reading they squashed it.

It is so nice to see the Hardys doing okay, things were REALLY shaky for both of them for a while. I know Jeff's injury is serious, especially with the amount of mileage on his body but at least he's collecting a cheque int he meantime

Didn't Jeff settle down and start a family?

Matt married into the best possible family, his father in law owns.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Didn't Edge and Beth settle down together and start a family?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

Yeah, they got married last year

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ed in San Antonio usually had good questions.

Nobody will ever top James from Kentucky, though, especially him calling into an entirely different show after Dave banned him.