Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The mic toss looked less painful than maki’s shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lol Alvarez is going to be incredibly smug about refusing to preview raw.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Bryan Alvarez learning for the first time what it means to be “a ringer”

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jesus Christ Bryan could not have fallen harder for t his 12-year-old 4chan copy pasta e mail. Can’t wait for callers to start requesting barrel rolls.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jerusalem posted:

Dave insisting that Bryan stop him from talking about Mayor Kane and then steamrolling over Bryan protesting that he can't talk about Mayor Kane :allears:

Even better that the political take that follows is an extremely anodyne “both sides” rant

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alvarez and Dave constantly talk about how doing a storyline where you have problems with your legit romantic partner leads to legit problems so that’s surprising.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It could be fine if miro is helping book it he and Lana seem to be an exception to the rule.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I could only silently yell at them both, mainly mike, that they would even have that conversation on air like drat guys figure out what your show is any other hour of the day?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Semp was actually right that Bryan was primarily mad about Saturday ppv’s and afternoon nxt shows cause of his own weekly schedule.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Edward Mass posted:

I'm guessing Bryan got today's Wordle in one.

Furious at you that I read this and tried to get it in one how does this clue not mean geeks

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jerusalem posted:

Sempervive was very upset about Bryan..... something something..... regarding.... NDAs? on WOL today. I have absolutely no idea what point he was trying to make, Bryan just straight up shouted,"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!" at one point. It was bizarre.

Think it’s mike playing into kayfabe where they act like the observer crew has great visibility into the entire industry cause they talk to wwe employees who hate their boss and will talk poo poo off the record. AEW employees tend to be less miserable so they don’t get as many scoops there.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alvarez said today that the theory of relativity means time goes in both directions I need sempervive or someone on this show to break up the senseless metaphors.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jerusalem posted:

That was surreal. It had to be a bit, does he really not understand that different geographic areas don't have sunrise/sunset at the same time? :psyduck:

I felt that mike was somewhat defensibly trying to argue that people in the southern continental US also experience early sunsets to enough of a degree that it’s silly for Bryan to make it sound like a Washington state thing. Mike utterly failed to make that argument without sounding like a complete dumbass. Bryan also sounded stupid highlighting the idiot talking about sunset in Boston at 3:30 cause that’s an hour earlier than Bryan was talking about but Boston is 5 degrees of latitude closer to the equator than Bothell, WA.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

D.N. Nation posted:

Lance's reasoning for why the MJF/Punk storyline was bad was, essentially, that fiction should be written for 12 year olds and no character should have nuance.

IMO this “nuanced storytelling” was ultimately resolved by two adults beating each other up and the conflicted character didn’t change at all. Wrestling is a business that will always be about adults having disagreements and settling them by hitting each other so yeah it’s all basically for 12-year-olds.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Bryan called the giant prop hand from the Knoxville match “a life size hand” the man is as dumb as ryback.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alvarez legit so unpleasant on this filthy 4 daily how much does this man hate dogs/his SIL’s twins??

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Legit astonished Bryan liked rok c getting a gimmick of a wwe2k fan girl larping.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I thought Gacy’s gimmick was that he was entitled and woke. Now he controls a squad of vampires?

It’s the same process that turned retribution from “antifa mobs” straight out of a tucker Carlson report to just 5 generically angsty wrestlers doing bane cosplay. I assume it’s Vince or Prichard or one guy gets a big Fox News based gimmick in his head but loses interest quick enough that the relatively more normal creative people can file it down into something blander but less aggressively stupid.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

1glitch0 posted:

I wanted someone to tell me what he said that was annoying not to listen to him jabber for 10 minutes.

He was saying Sasha and Naomi were each going to get title shots which is in itself a good push they should have been grateful for and he has NO SYMPATHY if they were unhappy with creative when other talent at wwe gets worse storylines.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

GoutPatrol posted:

He will still bring up the HBK secret plan 10 years later

He has and I’m pretty well read into the lore but what is the secret plan thing? Doesn’t ring a single bell to me.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Holy poo poo the skit at the end of today’s WOR

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

neoaxd posted:

Not specifically podcast, but F4W related: Denise Salcedo's news rundown videos sounds like she's a text-to-speech voice and it's weird. It's weird!
It’s a twitch voice.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

El Generico posted:

I always think of Entertainment Tonight.

Yeah it’s a blandly enthusiastic voice that you see in pop media aimed at rubes. Made money for ET and I presume does so for Salcedo.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

He will not be on -at-5 no hour of cnn is going to open with the Vince story but I will be watching that show for sure.

Edit: I guess it is the second hour of tapper’s show so maybe but we’ll see

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Dave:how he perceives his cable news booking::Ronda Rousey:assuming she was the main event over stone cold

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
OK I was wrong they are opening the 5 o’clock hour with Dave that’s wild though.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

0konner posted:

OK I was wrong they are opening the 5 o’clock hour with Dave that’s wild though.

I was right the first time.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Non zero chance Dave is bumped completely.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

1glitch0 posted:

They teased him so he's good to go unless there's a school shooting or something.

A GOP commission, get this, objects to election results tho

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Dave is listening to a pundit panel discuss the New Mexico primary elections on his headset and I bet he’s absolutely cranking out heavy bicep curls, 60 lb db’s at minimum.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I suspect Chris Cilllizza wrote this angle.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lmao

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
They carved Dave up like Homer edited to talk about her sweet, sweet can.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yes we’re uniquely blessed as Americans that corporations spend their hard-earned profits on spreading the good news that trelegy is equal to one two three baby you and me.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jonathan was cool he also expressed only opinions that are completely in line with what the Observer crew says about AEW already and often couched them in an obnoxious layer of “uh this may be unpopular but I think AEW is often too busy with their tv time”

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Let’s kill him, for his opnions

That’s going too far!

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
How much donation plate money do we think Pastor Jonathan took to make his winning bid for Ms. Alvarez’ futile effort to preserve sea life while climate change turns the oceans to acid?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lotta neoliberals in this thread who are so blind to the threat climate change poses to our oceans.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I wonder if Dave and Bryan’s recent thing about how aew is so foolishly making their company look uncool will account for the dynamite crowd tonight going crazy with A E DUB chants when FTR and Best Friends were staring down United Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

keithy george posted:

One of them worked in army recruiting, the office was completely swamped with recruits after 9/11, we have 20 years of hindsight and yet they all agreed that there should have been a draft.

Well wait they with hindsight wanted a draft thinking we should have invaded Afghanistan and Iraq harder with millions of troops? Or they wanted a draft so domestic political pressure would have ended the wars sooner?