Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Don't be fooled by the op into listening to Smart Wrestling Fan. It's absolutely terrible.

Unless you like the first 30 minutes every week being promotion of their stalled patreon, and 80% of the remaining runtime nitpicking commentary and not understanding what they're watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/925253081507360768

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt6KgAWAZSA

From the sounds of it John and Wai are gonna explore all their options to keep podcasting, including looking into whether a paid option is possible or posting to youtube and recording in Wai's basement for now. At the very least they kept mentioning a future Review-a-Wai, said they'd be back wednesday for Smackdown, and that this was episode one of something new.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Hard to tell if it's just John and Wai or the whole LAW crew, but it looks like they have a plan to unveil on their christmas eve show.

https://twitter.com/wai0937/status/942873029851324416

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Hard to believe it's coincidental after the giant success of Post Wrestling's patreon. And it's no added value and only portends a bunch of lovely visual gags on future B&V podcasts.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I skipped through the early yelling bits and Russo is claiming that his mention of Bryan Alvarez talking about a match "making his pee-pee go *thumbs up gesture*" was "not normal behavior" is where all the homophobic stuff came from.

The only other bit I watched was him asking Twitch chat for 30 seconds what the names of the Young Bucks are, so you know, a really informed guy there.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
If you haven't listened to the interview from this weekend on the Post Wrestling feed with Mauro about his documentary, or haven't watched it, they're both really remarkable. The guy's an open book and a total sweetheart.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
This is the most Dave pair of jeans I have ever seen.

https://twitter.com/CliftonGrooms/status/1015687119040176128?s=19

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

That Eyada stuff posted earlier was fine since none of it appears available/accessible anywhere else, but the B&V Stuff I wasn't good with leaving linked up.

It's so weird to be reminded of Eyada occasionally and think about how Dave was on a network that had shows with a gay caricature named Lance Manload and all they'd do is call and harass old people, and one that was just sex advice. Eyada was so far ahead of its time as the weirdest (and often worst) thing on the internet.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

rovert posted:

I agree more than I disagree but again lifting from Wreddit isn't it and below his established standards. The Saudi situation isn't a minor story in the Here & There section.

I don't expect him to be on the clock 24/7 but fighting on Twitter has taken away from his newsletter by a lot.

One of the three ad hominem attacks prior to this post for no reason. If three point can't offer a counterpoint I must be in the right.

You aren't gonna change him and you aren't gonna change anyone's opinions of him so the pages and pages of you arguing with people are about as efficient as his tweeting at nobodies.

You should have just spent the time writing your newsletter.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

MJeff posted:

J-Ru, is posting an old B&V that's been uploaded on Youtube :filez:?

I ask because I'm listening to a B&V on a 2006 TNA PPV and they're talking like Kurt's already got two feet in the grave. I know the dude was basically immobile and had a massive swollen neck when he came back to WWE and just didn't look good at all, but was it really that bad for him back then, that it seemed like his death was an absolute inevitability and TNA were just complete scumbags for even hiring him?

Pinched nerves were causing his arms to atrophy no matter what he did to try and build them up, he was abusing everything he could to maintain his body despite becoming increasingly thin, and all the while he was bumping like a madman. He's very lucky that TNA didn't paralyze or kill him.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I think it's also a wild stretch to think that Punk himself, personally, without influence, felt that the tweet "wasn't to be viewed well." That's someone talking to Dave covering a bunch of asses and him just typing it as is.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshNason/status/1222357537808404481

Unfortunately it's one of those great jobs where you have no set schedule and little advance notice, so payment is obviously not possible

Very cool to be on call during and after every single televised wrestling event to not be paid, despite there being a thousand other sites you can copy paste because no one is going to the observer for text smackdown recaps.

Clownery.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
He could also just not immediately leap from "taking time off for dental work" to "she's changing her whole look". Cavities are a thing and veneers are a lot of upkeep. But also no one needs to know any of this. No one needs to know literally anything about a wrestler taking time off because it doesn't loving matter! It's for no one to know ever because it's all personal and is harmful to speculate about every single time!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Finding a time and place to loudly declare "Head so good I'm seeing ghosts, ebbin my neezer til I scrooge" without raising eyebrows has to be tough.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Anyone else have a local steakhouse and then 11 of the exact same sleep apnea ad in a row on the new Deadlock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Johnny's brain will be studied someday as the only person in wrestling to develop CTE simply from watching too much of it. Also light tube dust.