Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I watched a few minutes of the free B+V they uploaded to their Youtube channel and why would anybody pay extra money for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Who was the random 4th guy in the B+V show? I admittedly haven't listened to any B+V shows in a long time but did they get a studio guy recently?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Incessant Excess posted:

That's their producer, I think he's been there a long time but only recently got his own mic.

Oh, weird. I always just assumed Bryan did that stuff on his own. It freaked me out at first because I thought their guest randomly was getting ridiculously good audio quality until they both said something at the same time.

The show was definitely a good listen, I'm glad I was able to download it this morning after a bunch of tries before the whole website crashed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had to turn off WOL on my way home today because Sempervive was just so obnoxious. It was the point when he started laughing at the caller who dared to have the same opinion as Bryan that made me just turn it off. I honestly used to think the dude got a bad rap sometimes but god drat that was bad.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

PaybackJack posted:

"Maybe it was a racist dog."

This had me lollin' this morning. Just the way he said it so matter-of-factly.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but is there any way to subscribe to F4W podcasts via Podcast Addict? I get that you should be able to do https://[username]:[password]@[feed] but even though it finds the feed and I can subscribe to it it still fails when downloading due to the authentication check. I've been bouncing around free podcast apps on Android trying to find the best one and finally paid the $4 for PA expecting it to handle authentication checks but it doesn't look like it's working for me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

gently caress, I'm dumb. I'm using Pocket Casts and not Podcast Addict :doh:.

And what I was referring to with the URL was from their site here. They don't formally support authenticated podcasts but recommend this as a way to do it but no luck with this method.

Edit: Sounds like I should just get a refund and download Podcast Addict, huh.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 13, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Incessant Excess posted:

I'd say so. Like you, I was using Pocket Casts and tried to get my WOR sub to work with it, eventually I gave up and bought Podcast Addict.

Done and done. Podcast Addict seems to be just what I need anyway. Thank god for that refund window :cheers:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Filthy Four was pretty good this week. Bryan and Tom busting up at Bryan's apparent plan to punch Miz + Miz Baby OR Maryse was great.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 26, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I know this isn't exactly a revelation but my god do I wish the WOL callers would get to the loving point :argh:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Had to lol at Meltzer taking a break in the middle of the RAW review to ruminate on climate change and Bryan continuing on with the review as if nothing was said.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol why are there so many assholes on Twitter who make it their life goal to burn Meltzer or prove him wrong? I've gotta give the guy credit for not just giving up the platform as a whole but when following along during the day to the dumbasses he replies to it's just baffling to me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had to lol at Dave going over all the sports with fighting in it to prove why what happened Saturday wasn't that big of a deal. Comparing it to poo poo he saw at the Cow Palace in the 60's hardly seems fair.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

rovert posted:

lol at Meltzer going off at how insignificant Bound For Glory was relative to the Saudi deal, Bullet Club, death Don Leo Jonathan death and every other news story under the sun. Also said no one watched the PPV!

I liked when Bryan was then like "Okay well then what's next?" and Dave was like "I dunno."

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't listen to B+V anymore because IMO the granny segment wasn't funny or worth listening to so I always ended up skipping it which ended up being almost half the episode sometimes. The last ones I heard she felt pretty disinterested in general and I can't really take them laughing at her saying wrestling moves wrong anymore. I know it's in good fun and it's not like she's forced to do it but I think maybe he should consider letting her go and not have to watch a bunch of wrestling every week. I heard Bryan talk about her slurring her words on WOL, he basically said it wasn't a big deal and he went to see her that night and she was fine but yeah I imagine there's going to be a time that'll probably be sooner than later where she just physically can't do the show anymore for one reason or another.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tho i think this sequence is my favorite nl moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzRbUfmK9uE&t=944s

Been going back and watching old nL stuff since I've just been getting into them somewhat recently and I stumbled on this last week. The sound Johnny makes here just obliterated me. I need more Wrestling Empire booking mode though, the whole highlight video from that stream makes my sides hurt from laughing so hard throughout.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 7, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The new Deadlock is up and the extended bit of Tony Khan trying to sign Josh Alexander is an all timer

John's Jake Roberts impression is what got me this week

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Conrad_Birdie posted:

The Deadlock Tony Khan voice makes me laugh so hard

Can't wait to hear "WE'RE GONNA SEND YOU BACK THERE CODY"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/TonyPizzaGuy/status/1494141959178539014

god i hate how much they say based

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The retro segment of the new Deadlock where they're discussing the WM Rage Party is an all timer. I can't remember why/where it came up but I literally just saw the clip of Vince bobbing his head like a chicken to 'chocolate salty balls' like a week ago

Edit: Aw Johnny wasn't there for the Dynamite review so we don't get to hear him laugh at JR's "WHAT" in response to the motor city stretch

explosivo fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 21, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mactheknife posted:

are those guys all like 20? because i was in jr high for the cherry poppin daddies and they were fuckin inescapable.

I always wondered this too, Johnny is I think 28 or 29 because he referenced being 6 (or around there, I can't remember exactly but it was under 10) when this show happened so I he might've just missed Zoot Suit Riot. Still though I never realized until today how weird the name Cherry Poppin Daddies is because I was only like 11 or 12 at the time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mactheknife posted:

granted i was a jazz band ultra-dork so my knowledge of ska and swing is probably deeper than it should be but i was just stunned for that entire segment

Same :hfive:

I remember making a sick Battlefield 1942 compilation video set to 'Hell' by the Squirrel Nut Zippers in Windows movie maker lol. Those were dark times.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yaya posted:

Fun Deadlock today but no Johnny keeps it from going over the top to the truly unhinged poo poo

Have they said what Johnny's up to? I know he took a bit off twitch before the Rumblethon but they've been pretty quiet since wrapping that up. I guess they have a midnight 2k22 stream coming up to prep for but I hope Johnny's good :ohdear:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I liked on this week's deadlock how they said AEW is the company of "alright, here you go" with regards to dream matches. It seems like a no brainer to do some of these matchups like Danielson/Garcia but there's no way in hell they would've been matched up like that at the E.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Who the gently caress cares it was an awesome match that you were treated to if you were watching TV last night. I know you're madder than you've ever been about this but I assure you it'll be okay.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah but they didn't see the announcement

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God I love Johnny's Jake Roberts grumbling any time someone comes out and tells Hangman to shut the gently caress up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Angry_Ed posted:

They totally did

jesus :cripes:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat I was just coming here to post that same thing to laugh at it, lol. Like, yes, you stupid rear end he literally has been. Do these people who pick fights with Dave just assume he's basically like Ryan Satin or something?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol at William Regal doing this week's AEW podcast from his hot-rear end lizard room. Kind of a hard episode to listen to between the accent and his lovely laptop microphone. He also spends like 5 minutes talking about how you should never say you respect someone unless you really know them until Alex is like "okay fine we appreciate you"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

achillesforever6 posted:

Latest Deadlocked was great with that recap of the Angle in the tanning booth episode of TNA

Yeah that was a great episode.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I laughed them describing JAS on the runway as "Five Star GTA Style"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo, Deadlock reviewing the Tough Enough episode with the HHH "Good snap" training sequence is hilarious.

"BIG FUCKIN' DEAL"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was laughing my rear end off at their nostalgia derail towards the end of the Dynamite review, James explaining that "we learned what not to download on Kazaa based on what ruined the previous computer" in particular was hilarious.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dango Bango posted:

Tony Schiavone hasn't been on the last few episodes of Unrestricted. Anyone know if they've switched to Alex? Or if it's just that they recorded several episodes while Tony was out?

https://twitter.com/RefAubrey/status/1522210549123088386
Tony's back!

Edit: good interview but Joe's mic constantly ducking is annoying

explosivo fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 5, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Good Listener posted:

Honestly I didn't start listening until Johnny got involved regularly so that was maybe...late 2020?

drat, really? I found Deadlock because I started watching NL so for the longest time I assumed they were affiliated. I later found out Johnny wasn't a Deadlock original but didn't realize it was that recently. Was Johnny with newLegacy from the beginning?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

neoaxd posted:

Yeah. Johnny basically is newLegacy.

I thought so, but also wouldn't have been surprised to hear it's actually like Slip's thing that Johnny took over

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alaois posted:

no the guy who came late to nL but feels like he's been there the whole time is Adam

That makes complete sense

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Johnny as JR reacting to getting word about Shida's injury on air was hilarious. "Now I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this name, but.."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Punch McLightning posted:

i need a link, if possible

Here you go! (google drive link because i don't know of a better way to do this)