Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

This is crap. I've listened to at least LAW and Review-A-Wei every week for years as pretty much my primary source of wrestling news. I don't even want to listen to anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Man, after hearing a lot of positive word of mouth about Something to Wrestle With for a while, I finally decided to give it a listen today. I am...uh...yeah, I can't even finish this. How are these guys so highly regarded? Am I missing something?

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

SalTheBard posted:

Which episode did you listen to? I've found that some episodes are hit and miss but I personally loved the Goldberg and Goldust one. I also prefer the episodes where they focus on a particular wrestler vs. a specific show.

EDIT: I also think Bruce gets a little sanctimonious sometimes and I hate how he shits all over Dave Meltzer but I try to just ignore it when it happens.

The Radicalz one was what I tried to listen to today. I usually listen to LAW/Post Wrestling as my main source for wrestling podcasts, and they had Conrad on their roundtable this week. The thing is, I'm from the South and have lived here about 95% of my life, and Pritchard and Conrad's voices are the most grating things I've ever heard. Ragging on Meltzer really annoyed me too since the first half hour of the show was just Bruce arguing about attendance figures in reference to a Meltzer thread on Twitter or some poo poo.

EDIT: I actually don't mind listening to Tony Schiavone at all; I watched so much NWA and WCW growing up that his voice is actually pretty awesome to me.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

SalTheBard posted:

O man thats such a bummer. I loved the Radicalz podcast. I also really love POST Wrestling as well. I thought Conrad was great on the round table! Bruce gets really fired up when discussing Meltzer so it's one of those things you just have to roll with it. It also stinks because usually the first 10 to 20 minutes are them discussing the prior weeks show. I would suggest giving The Rock episode a chance, if you don't like that one, you just won't like the show in general. I find the show really good because you see such an intimate behind the scenes look of the WWE.

I may give it another shot...how's the CM Punk one?