Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Vince's "when I die I wanna go straight to hell!" is such an awesome heel promo line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wwe should rebrand as a 100% podcast production company

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Aesop Poprock posted:

It’s one of my go-tos. Aside from like Cornette I don’t think any other podcast guy has as much insider knowledge on the way the major promotions are run and with Prichard specifically how Vince McMahons mind works. Bruce definitely massages the truth and can get defensive over some of the dumb decisions wwe made, and he HATES Meltzer and will go out of his way to to deny he’s ever right about anything but after a while I think he started to do it to get a rise out of Conrad. Conrad is excellent and one of the best co-hosts in any of the podcasts, and he’s not afraid to call Bruce on his bullshit and will flat out call him a stupid mother fucker if he goes way off rail. They’re really funny together. Bruce’s Cornette impersonation is abysmal though and he does it all the time, but his Vince is pretty good

agreed

especially on his meltzer hate being a work. his best impression is jerry jarrett only because 'huhhhh' makes me laugh every time

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lid posted:

Orton has...

intermittent explosive disorder

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
listening to the newest prichard show and it's hilarious to me that 'silent rage' has been floating around as a gimmick since edge's debut

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

big deal

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i get all my wrestling scoopz from anonymous people on twitter who only post out-of-context screenshots accompanied by the thinking emoji

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wow THE brad shepard??

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the meltzer hate on something to wrestle with is getting a bit tiresome tbh, even if it is a work

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

mkay0 posted:

I’m confused why WWE would consider it at all. It would pop a building/rating once, then what? He doesn’t do anything. He forgot his lines in nearly every promo on his last run. As far as risk versus reward, why is it even being debated?

all wwe has to offer now is empty nostalgia

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan: and Dolph Ziggler returns next week
Dave: whatever

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Benne posted:

Too many wrestling podcasts are bloated 2-hour monstrosities with 1 1/2 of those hours being the hosts laughing at their own in-jokes. Time limits are a good thing.

something to wrestle with is a bit like this at times.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

thatguyclint posted:

I mean, I'm at least a little happy that Conrad's lowered things to prompting one of each of Bruce's impersonations (besides Vince) per episode. I can only take so many poor Cornette or Andre impersonations each week.

It's hit or miss to me; good example being the first Undertaker episode, which just dragged ON AND ON about who Taker was working with on the house show loops, while the most recent one was a lot more interesting and covered "So Taker was working this guy...hey how about this story?"

That's where the show shines, with Bruce just confirming (or vehemently denying, which is somehow less entertaining) the random poo poo that Dave was reporting at the time.

Bruce's constant rants about Meltzer are getting old. It's like 90% a work anyway, considering he agrees with Dave a lot too but never mentions when he does and doesn't spend 10 minutes ranting and raving about it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

This was not written with the intent of getting Dave Meltzer fired. Or trying to bring down his career and how he makes his livelihood. But this is a pattern, and a consistent attitude towards women in wrestling in all facets that is extremely concerning and that should be addressed. The leading man in wrestling media, at a time where assault and harassment towards women in various other industries is being reported unlike ever before, should not be acting in this manner. Whether Dave Meltzer really is a misogynist or doesn’t respect women or not, I do not know. But with the claims being made these days, and many people across various forums wondering why exactly those claims were made, I thought it best to bring awareness to what has been a troubling pattern of behavior.

lol what is this mealy-mouthed poo poo

so three incidents that stretch across more than a decade are a 'pattern'. he's not trying to get meltzer fired (from what? his own website/newsletter?) and "i dont know if dave meltzer is a misogynist" even though the entire point of the article is to insinuate that he is.

might've been a good article if the guy had done his research and had a point other than 'raising awareness'.

Seams fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 23, 2018

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
we're through the looking glass here people

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
looking forward to this https://twitter.com/Christian4Peeps/status/976622061710913536

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
A lot of '99 is dire but in 99 you get Rock being insanely over after turning back babyface, the Rock & Sock stuff is really fun and HHH is starting to hit his stride as a main event heel. The most compelling thing on the undercard is probably X-Pac and Kane, and you also have the genesis of the Hardys/E&C/Dudleyz even if the Hardys and E&C are nothings in terms of characters just yet.

Chyna's position on the card is so weird though. She pals around with the top heel in the company (even uses his theme song and entrance), helps him do heelish things against Austin etc, but then is booked as a babyface in her feud against Jarrett. It's so bizarre.

Also 99 gave us the best call in Cole's career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGt4TL5sJbA

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/982444205602672641

so prichard is back with the WWE?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave denying that he's not in love with Ronda was amazing.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
conrad uses the observer and the torch as his sources. i wonder how that'll go on WWE tv.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

Was it the Midnight Express theme or Midnight in the Desert? Because one is much funnier than the other!

it was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L24HbpvQXmo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave's obit for Bruno is up and it's a good read

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The first episode of the new Conrad podcast with Bischoff is out today

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i tune in and count the 'can you imagine's

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I always preferred This Fire Burns as Punk's theme, even though I dislike that genre of music and Cult of Personality is the better song. Weird.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
10 minutes into the newest bischoff podcast and he's already called the practice of writing history books bullshit

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it's not an academic history book by any means, but it's as much a history book as your typical bog-standard popular history book written by a journalist.

and bischoff said (paraphrased) 'oh its easy to write a book after the events, i could write a book after the superbowl and look like a genius coach'. i get that bischoff and prichard's gimmick is that they hate the dirtsheets, but it's a tiresome gimmick, especially when one of them says stupid stuff like that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
So apparently Russo was booked for Starrcast, but now he's not and the tweet's announcing it have been deleted.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
why isnt the monumental podcast going to starrcast.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
russo is now a ben shapiro type youtuber or something

https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/995911760384114688

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave's bit on Bayley in today's WOR is great

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

just wanna say i'm really enjoying this series.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Prichard is more entertaining and seems like he's having fun. Bischoff comes across as unpleasant and mean.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Tato posted:

The boat is getting pretty full on the "attack Meltzer and exploit dumb marks desperate to feel like they're an insider" wagon between Prichard, Russo, and Bischoff. I wonder what stooge will be next and who will push it too far and ruin that sweet PWT gravy train.

like 90% of the people who tweet at dave about poo poo from prichard or bischoff's shows are maga chuds.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
how could anybody hate stone cold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3HT9HNR9Q

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I'm actually starting to like 83 Weeks more and more. Bischoff isn't as entertaining as Prichard, but he's just as full of poo poo in his own weird way.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
big idiot and idiot rapist (alleged)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

I wonder how Bischoff will make this all about how Meltzer is bad

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

RealFoxy posted:

Not sure how I feel about Something Else to Wrestle With. I never really like Conrad until watching this, because his obvious disgust for Prichard's lying and embellishing is a lot more apparent. Feel like the CM Punk episode is going to be the make or break for me since Prichard really has nothing to do with it and Conrad is basically the voice of the internet.

Prichard trying to convince everyone that the Sandman beating up gimmicks like Zombie and Nacho Libre but still having no self-awareness as to why people didn't like early WWECW is a very WWE thing.

I never fully understood Prichard until I found out that Cornette calls him 'the artful dodger'. It sums him up pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There's not really any discernible differences to Raw in the immediate post-Russo era. I'd say the immediate post-Russo stuff is pretty bad, simply because Austin is still the top babyface but his body is hosed up and eventually has to take time off and Triple H still isn't established as a top heel. Rock is clearly insanely over, but he's busy with Rock n Sock stuff.